• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I decided to rent Imagine: Babyz Fashion…

Fixed1979

Geek said:
Why do you guys just assume that he's pirating this game? You can rent DS carts via Gamefly.

Look, he even said he was going to rent it months ago:

This only prooves that he thought he might get banned for pirating a game and starting planning an alibi months in advance. I see it all the time.

As far as renting goes I'm fairly confident Roger's has DS games for rent here in Canada...at least in Alberta.

I was really hoping a good OP as I had no idea what these games are about, I can only guess that you buy baby clothes and put them on babies?

Barrett2

Seraphis Cain said:
Willing to bet OP's on his way to GameStop to buy the game now. :lol

Time to see if OP's GAF account is worth $30 to him, huh?

Now you've got me contemplating the "value" of my GAF account. I would pay a sad, sickening amount of money to keep my account going if I was in OP's position. I don't care if the game is $500, you get that fucking game.

Ferrio

Banned
crowphoenix said:
So what do you even do in the game?

You play a middle aged fashion designer with history of failed relationships. Her biological clock is ticking and she desperately wants to have kids to fill that void in her life, yet she's unable to find a man that doesn't physically beat her. In order to escape her boring, loveless life she imaginez having a set of twins for which she designs her own line of clothing.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Fixed1979 said:
This only prooves that he thought he might get banned for pirating a game and starting planning an alibi months in advance. I see it all the time.
Point.

But this is from the man who "thoroughly played and thoroughly enjoyed Imagine Babyz," so I think you should all stop assuming that he's a dirty pirate and just a fan of the Babyz series of games.

Seraphis Cain said:
Willing to bet OP's on his way to GameStop to buy the game now. :lol

Time to see if OP's GAF account is worth $30 to him, huh?

cuyahoga.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

lawblob said:
Now you've got me contemplating the "value" of my GAF account. I would pay a sad, sickening amount of money to keep my account going if I was in OP's position. I don't care if the game is $500, you get that fucking game.
Isn't that the truth. The order of importance for me is:
1. My daughters life
2. My wife
3. My life
4. GAF

Lol.

ZZMitch

Ferrio said:
You play a middle aged fashion designer with history of failed relationships. Her biological clock is ticking and she desperately wants to have kids to fill that void in her life, yet she's unable to find a man that doesn't physically beat her. In order to escape her boring, loveless life she imaginez having a set of twins for which she designs her own line of clothing.

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
We need some details here. You don't simply walk in and drop a bomb like "I'm loving Imagine Babyz" and walk away.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You can rent DS games at the Family Video's around here. I don't think Babyz is even worth the effort to pirate.

Cowie

Fucking GAF Detectives. Pretty soon we're going to need catalogued images of every game we own with its receipt so we're allowed to discuss it. Gonna start calling people out in official threads, several weeks after a game's release to put up an image of their cart or get b& for piracy (or lack of a digital camera).

Also, +1 for banning 'Cool story bro'. As long as I can't post tl;dr and cats, you fuckers shouldn't be happy either.

I'm just a bitter lump of unhappiness!

Ferrio said:

That's the plot or the kind of people who play the game?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Danthrax said:
on his penis.

PLEASE not on his penis

Why ask for it if you don't want it? Hmmmmm?

Relaxed Muscle said:
That's the plot or the kind of people who play the game?

It can't be both?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Cowie said:
Fucking GAF Detectives. Pretty soon we're going to need catalogued images of every game we own with its receipt so we're allowed to discuss it. Gonna start calling people out in official threads, several weeks after a game's release to put up an image of their cart or get b& for piracy (or lack of a digital camera).

Also, +1 for banning 'Cool story bro'. As long as I can't post tl;dr and cats, you fuckers shouldn't be happy either.

You sir, are awesome. Seriously.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
cooljeanius said:
Didn't you also really like Imagine: Party Babyz?
Yes, but this is even better.

El_TigroX said:
GameFly I imagine. I used to do it all the time.
Yes, it has an 8.3 or so rating last time I checked on the site.

El_TigroX said:
OP, WHY is this the most enjoyable experience you've had all year?
I just had this huge smile the entire thirty minutes I was playing earlier, and the sheer ridiculousness of the game combined with something that is extremely playable makes for enjoyment.

Spy said:
Post a picture of the actual cart, I believe you're playing it via flashcard.
5n3x2c.jpg
29b24ig.jpg

Arpharmd B said:
Well, I guess pedophiles play games too. Thanks for the warning.
So, I'm a pedophile because I don't want to play Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time? To throw around these sort of accusations at someone who seeks to do something different suggests quite the insecurity on your part.

Scythesurge said:
Maybe his only other gaming experiences this year were from playing Sonic 2k6.
No, this is still behind Brutal Legend, NHL 10, Ghostbusters, Continuity, Ballad of Gay Tony, Boom Blox and a few other things.

Geek said:
Why do you guys just assume that he's pirating this game? You can rent DS carts via Gamefly.

Look, he even said he was going to rent it months ago:

http://twitter.com/supererogatory/status/2611096160
That's not me.

VAIL

Cowie said:

The voice of sanity, glad not everyone is a member of witchhunt GAF

G-Fex

If baby fashioning is his nitche then why harass him about it?

It's not like it has the stupidest god awful most horrible box art and name.

John

To make sure it's really you, we need to you upload a video of you booting it, winking your LEFT eye at approximately .2 Hz and rubbing your stomach counter-clockwise. If it's clockwise it's definitely a fake.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I hope all the bullshit in this thread counts for backseat modding. So much fail -_-

FoneBone

Hey, cuyahoga, are you interested in making this a non-shitty thread by, at some point, actually bothering to describe the gameplay and why you enjoy it?

DMPrince said:
clearer image with you putting the game in and booting it (Not the Right to game method) up video

You want him to post his Gamefly info so you can check to see if it's in his queue also?

Koomaster

FoneBone said:
Hey, cuyahoga, are you interested in making this a non-shitty thread by, at some point, actually bothering to describe the gameplay and why you enjoy it?
This. It would be good if you took creating the thread a little more seriously. I was kinda interested in what your thoughts on the game was, and some description of play; which is why I clicked on the thread.

cuyahoga said:
So, I'm a pedophile because I don't want to play Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time? To throw around these sort of accusations at someone who seeks to do something different suggests quite the insecurity on your part.

And if you really wanna get all pyschologist.

You probably want to play the game either because A: Pedophilia. B: Secret desire to be a mother and/or woman. C: you were molested as a child.

Either way. If my theory is correct, you had a strong desire to play the game based on one of these reasons, or some other sick reason. You "jokingly" put it out there that you want to rent the game as a joke. Then, when you get the game, in order to justify continued pleasure of playing it, you make a thread saying "yeah guys, the I rented the game as a joke and I think its good! therefor I can continue playing it!".

Now you have made it "ok" in your head to play the game, and justified the grotesque behavior and none are the wiser.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I don’t think COOL STORY BRO is as useless and unproductive as IN BEFORE ___. Cool Story Bro only seems to crop up when the OP has made a bogus thread, so it’s just a way to let them know you should try a little harder next time. In Before however adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.

I do think this thread deserved the Cool Story Bro, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to salvage it. I’d really like to hear more about this game.

Rolf NB

If you want your faith in shovelware re-destroyed, play the Petz Saddle Club PSP demo. It is awful in more ways than usual games even have.

Gouty said:
I don’t think COOL STORY BRO is as useless and unproductive as IN BEFORE ___. Cool Story Bro only seems to crop up when the OP has made a bogus thread, so it’s just a way to let them know you should try a little harder next time. In Before however adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.

I do think this thread deserved the Cool Story Bro, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to salvage it. I’d really like to hear more about this game.

This was my thought when I posted it. I was trying to communicate (admittedly poorly) that the OP was lousy. If he had posted why he likely it, I wouldn't have made the comment. Anyway, in the future I'll be more constructive.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Surgeon Rocket said:
There is no timestamp here good sir.

Post picture again, this time with timestamp and shoe on head

Exactly. This could be ANYONE'S picture of Imagine Babyz Fashion that he found on the Internet. We need a piece of cardboard with the timestamp and "cuyahoga" and "hi GAF!" written on it in black marker.

Also, I'd legitimately like to know what the gameplay is like, since you seem to enjoy it so much, cuyahoga.

TheSeks said:
Why ask for it if you don't want it? Hmmmmm?

Touché, monsieur

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Since we're doing detective GAF - I don't have a black DS, but are they typically black on the outside and grey on the inside? If not, does the dude have two DSes?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
FoneBone said:
You are some sort of parental-caretaker-type who has to constantly appease the baby and ensure its safety, and of course, guide its way to fashion stardom. I'm only thirty minutes in and I went into this completely blind, so I'm still caretaking on day one. Caretaking is done through a combination of mini-games and Sims-style management, and it seems you pass a day by filling four hearts by doing things that the baby wants you to do.

Also, your baby is sartorially aware, and you have to ensure it is dressed in accordance to its very specific tastes.

cuyahoga said:
So, I'm a pedophile because I don't want to play Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time?
Are you directly or indirectly trying to reference Modern Warfare 2 here?

Top Bottom