• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

Wow, 274 points is my highest defense win.

Too bad my offense score will be low since I am no longer using Eldigan and instead using Ninian for bonus hero.

Cerium

Wow, 274 points is my highest defense win.

I had one over 270 (I think it might have been 274 in fact) last season. Wish I screencapped it now if those results are keeping pace with yours.

That was with my vanilla team after I put Vantage on Takumi. Pretty sure the Vantage got 'em.

Cerium

Sölf;232477029 said:
And I didn't get a single defense last season. :(

I hope I get one this season though.
Already got my first defense. 263.

I think the downside to Nino Country versus my vanilla team is that overall stats are lower, I'm pretty sure. That doesn't matter a whole lot on defense as long as you're over 250, but on offense it is a nontrivial drawback. Fury should help with that I think.

On the other hand this team kicks a lot more ass.

ggx2ac

I swapped out Nino for Minerva to balance the ratings. Got 4600 offense points.

I could see the potential in the changes I made to Minerva but it's going to take a long while to get all her level 1 skills to level 3.

I'm glad she's viable again because I hate Takumi but, it's still going to be a while before I get a formidable three flier team + bonus hero.

Trunx28

Luck was on my side, got a 5* Hawkeye and Jaffar last week .. Now I'm thinking of giving Jaffar the Kagero-Weapon. Do you think this could improve his OHKO in the arena or is it a bad idea? I'm not using Kagero at all ..

Cerium

I have to say I really like Shanna's voice actress. Best one I've heard in the game.

Too bad I'm gonna have to feed her to Nino.

Mupod

well, if we get the 10 orbs tomorrow I'll have 20 to try again. Although I only pull blues, and so far this banner I've only ever seen 1 at a time at most. Just gotta hold out for it coming up as all 5. Based on my calculations I'll be at 4.00% appearance rate after one more pull...at least it's nowhere near the 5.5 I hit chasing Robin (yet). It's mostly frustrating because I need greens badly and at this rate I won't have anything to spare on the Minerva banner.

For arena, replacing Robin with Ursula has been rough. So far in 2 out of the 3 matches I've done they had double Takumi and an FRobin...different fourth unit so it wasn't the same guy. FRobin was in all 3 matches, thankfully unless it's a 5* one Merric can double her. I haven't brought in my horse buffs though, just a couple regular buffs. And they were not enough - def and atk buffed 4* Ursula (Blarblade from Odin) couldn't even kill a Ryoma. I'm assuming that my points will be absolute trash if I bring my cavalry team which is all 4* units, but at least it'd be fun.

Rodin

Finally got Hector. He's a monster, already brought him to level 27 lol

Now i need Linde and Takumi and i'm good, in the meantime Reinhardt and Kagero are more than up to the task.

kewlmyc

After getting good rank the last two weeks, it's going to suck going back to sub 2000k arena points. I could try and use my 4* Ursula, but she's very situational and cavalry units aren't really used in arena.

ggx2ac

Hmm...

New trailer for FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is up.

https://youtu.be/TBa7hd6FDzI

Still haven't heard anything about how Fire Emblem Heroes has done regarding revenue and downloads.

Apparently there have been at least 10 million downloads related to that Google Play commercial that gave every Android user a free 4* Female Corrin.

Basically, I want to know if FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will have as good sales as FE Fates or even better in part of having exposure from the mobile game just like Pokémon Go did for every Pokémon game you could buy on the 3DS.

Mupod

What 'movement' or repositioning abilities allow you to attack afterwards? Just escape route/wings of mercy? I don't have anyone with Pivot and I can't remember if Swap allows it (I think it doesn't).

I've been throwing a darting blow/desperation Nino with buffs into the damage calculator and jesus christ how horrifying. Pretty much kills anything that isn't a high resist red with Triangle Adept. Fury might be even better but I only have one Hinata left, and my Nino is +atk -res so the speed is helpful. She's currently level 31 4* having been raised manually from a 3*, so I'm looking forward to spending all that SP.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Only the initial 3.
And to even out my luck, they all have garbage IVs...
-Attack on all of them...
If it makes you feel better, most of my 5* characters are -atk too.

-atk Ryoma
-atk Ephriam
-atk Hinoka

My good 5* characters are full neutral at best lol. I still use Ryoma and Ephriam in my teams.

lt519

Hard to get through the arena without a couple what the fuck deaths. People warping positions, 'surprise Vantage', dancers galore. Just made it through with three deaths and a 4263. Gonna go for a no death run but the unpredictability is tough. I'm not running into many Hector's so I may go with Nino, Robin, Jaffar, Kagero next time out.

Jaffar has been a beast. Surprisingly tanking mages and dragons without a problem, including Robin and Julias and having poison strike on him reduces anyone's HP down to one shot level for the rest of my units.

explodet

I'm already back up to 100 orbs after going down to 40 or so trying to get Ninan (and succeeding somehow). I'm totally done with this banner and wait to wait for new characters.
But the temptation to roll for skill inheritance characters is ever growing. Camilla's gotta eat.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Getting that first defensive win is always the best. Done for the week.

Going to go with a Ninian/Nowi/Hector/Julia combo on offense. I will miss Olwen, but her BST is just too low, so Julia it is.

ggx2ac

What 'movement' or repositioning abilities allow you to attack afterwards? Just escape route/wings of mercy? I don't have anyone with Pivot and I can't remember if Swap allows it (I think it doesn't).

Assist skills don't allow you to attack afterwards, it's just for assisting other units.

Only escape route/Wings of Mercy allow you to attack or heal upon use.

I put Wings of Mercy on Lachesis, it's pretty handy teleporting and then doing a full heal with Rehabilitate.

lt519

Is it better to use bonus characters on your defense team? Like do you get match-made more? Or does it not matter.

My poor Eldigan. Dude is going to be grinding SP forever. I keep changing my mind on his skills. I went down the enlighten path to self heal, then decided destroying reds with Sword Breaker was better. I put moonbow on him, then thought Sol would be cool to counter Fury and since I replaced enlighten I need that health to proc Sword Breaker. so I unlocked Daylight but have not to been happy with it so far. Then I realized I am going horse Emblem the next two seasons and Elise will just heal him, so even more of a waste. Then I pulled a 4* Henry, who can pass Ignis! My Eldigan is at 34 Defense so that would be 27-28 extra damage on a 3 charge.

Back to the tower....

Is the arena the best way to earn feathers? I was quite happy just doing campaign and training missions, but I've got 14k~ feathers and three characters waiting to go from 4* to 5* :(

Mupod

Is the arena the best way to earn feathers? I was quite happy just doing campaign and training missions, but I've got 14k~ feathers and three characters waiting to go from 4* to 5* :(

Arena is still my main source of feathers. I don't have an uber team and I have to run one or two 3*-4* units, but I still get 4100-4600 feathers a week.

there's no reason not to at least try it, you get 3 free swords a day to play it. You get a nice pile of feathers for even a modest 3000 score, which is doable even without doing advanced matches as long as you use one of the bonus units. They recently buffed the payout for score by quite a bit, so you don't need to get a high ranking to get feathers.

There's also daily arena quests, which give 100 feathers and a crest (restores 3 swords). If you use a crest and get 4 wins in a day, you get another 100 feathers.

ggx2ac

Is it better to use bonus characters on your defense team? Like do you get match-made more? Or does it not matter.

Bonus heroes don't matter for defense teams.

My poor Eldigan. Dude is going to be grinding SP forever. I keep changing my mind on his skills. I went down the enlighten path to self heal, then decided destroying reds with Sword Breaker was better. I put moonbow on him, then thought Sol would be cool to counter Fury and since I replaced enlighten I need that health to proc Sword Breaker. so I unlocked Daylight but have not to been happy with it so far. Then I realized I am going horse Emblem the next two seasons and Elise will just heal him, so even more of a waste. Then I pulled a 4* Henry, who can pass Ignis! My Eldigan is at 34 Defense so that would be 27-28 extra damage on a 3 charge.

Back to the tower....

Mine has 40 Def, yours is defense down. If I was still going to use him, I probably would have given him Bonfire, Seal Atk and Goad Cavalry. I would have also gone with a Cavalry team so that I'd have two other cavalry units with Ward and Goad Cavalry to boost his stats that enemies could barely damage him.

Akuun

I'm already back up to 100 orbs after going down to 40 or so trying to get Ninan (and succeeding somehow). I'm totally done with this banner and wait to wait for new characters.
But the temptation to roll for skill inheritance characters is ever growing. Camilla's gotta eat.
What do you plan to do with Camilla? She's one of my few 5* fliers but I can't think of any really good combinations with her.
Arena is still my main source of feathers. I don't have an uber team and I have to run one or two 3*-4* units, but I still get 4100-4600 feathers a week.
What high score do you get for that many feathers?

If I get a high score in arena that I'm not likely to beat (say, 7 wins, one bonus unit, all on Advanced with almost no unit losses), do I get more feathers (not counting the daily quest ones) by doing more Arena? Or am I pretty much "capped" for that week?

Bonus heroes don't matter for defense teams.

Mine has 40 Def, yours is defense down. If I was still going to use him, I probably would have given him Bonfire, Seal Atk and Goad Cavalry. I would have also gone with a Cavalry team so that I'd have two other cavalry units with Ward and Goad Cavalry to boost his stats that enemies could barely damage him.

Yeah he is +Atk/-def, but he can still take a hit from a lot of things. Effie neutral defense is 33 keep in mind. I like the thought of ignis a lot but the lower charge on bonfire may be worth it. Bonfire would help for sure one shot hector. I have Goad Calvary and Hone Calvary already set up. Raising up Cecilia to have Ward Calvary and Gronnblade. Eldigan would eventually learn fortify calvary.

Edit: I for sure like Sword Breaker as the B slot. No need to seal attack when he can one shot all reds and greens.

Scum

What's this Nino business then? I have a 4* +SPD -DEF Nino that I wouldn't mind spending feathers on...

Mupod

What do you plan to do with Camilla? She's one of my few 5* fliers but I can't think of any really good combinations with her.

What high score do you get for that many feathers?

If I get a high score in arena that I'm not likely to beat (say, 7 wins, one bonus unit, all on Advanced with almost no unit losses), do I get more feathers (not counting the daily quest ones) by doing more Arena? Or am I pretty much "capped" for that week?

my best score ever is around 4270, and my best ranking ever was in the 1500 feathers tier. That was just a 7 win streak in advanced with a few deaths and a crappy 3* Sully, so hardly perfect.

Arena payouts are weekly, yeah. So all you'd be working towards is a better weekly score. But as I mentioned, there are daily quests now for two rewards of 100 feathers, so even when you're capped you should at least do a few.

Akuun

What's this Nino business then? I have a 4* +SPD -DEF Nino that I wouldn't mind spending feathers on...
Nino and Tharja have tomes that give bonus damage depending on buffs (any stat buffs, not just atk), so if you pair either of them with a few characters that give lots of stat buffs, they become nukes. Even more so if you throw a few Rally skills on them on top of that. Nino with a Eirika following her around is a very potent combination, for example. Nino also gets bonus points for having Draw Back by default.

Alternately, you could give Nino or Tharja's tome to a mounted mage and then give them cavalry boosting buffs for extra bullshit damage. But then that would require sacrificing a 5* character.

Odin has a similar tome but he's not as popular for some reason. Probably because of lower attack stats.

Firemind

Only the initial 3.
And to even out my luck, they all have garbage IVs...
-Attack on all of them...
If it makes you feel better, most of my 5* characters are -atk too.

-atk Ryoma
-atk Ephriam
-atk Hinoka

My good 5* characters are full neutral at best lol. I still use Ryoma and Ephriam in my teams.
Guess I've been lucky then: +Spd -Def YTiki, +Spd -Res Kagero, +Spd -HP Nino.

explodet

Honestly I haven't quite figured that out yet either. My Camilla's nature is extremely lousy for arena but she's been pretty clutch for me during the hero battles. She's essentially a lance killer and dragon tank right now, and adding Swap increased her usefulness a bunch.

I was thinking of putting Iote's Shield on her from a spare Michalis but that would mean losing Darting Blow 3, which means getting doubled on even more on attack.

there's no reason not to at least try it, you get 3 free swords a day to play it. You get a nice pile of feathers for even a modest 3000 score, which is doable even without doing advanced matches as long as you use one of the bonus units. They recently buffed the payout for score by quite a bit, so you don't need to get a high ranking to get feathers.

There's also daily arena quests, which give 100 feathers and a crest (restores 3 swords). If you use a crest and get 4 wins in a day, you get another 100 feathers.

Thanks, appreciate the help! I'll give it a go, I have a Kagero in dire need of Poison Dagger+ ;)

Scum

Nino and Tharja have tomes that give bonus damage depending on buffs (any stat buffs, not just atk), so if you pair either of them with a few characters that give lots of stat buffs, they become nukes. Even more so if you throw a few Rally skills on them on top of that. Nino with a Eirika following her around is a very potent combination, for example. Nino also gets bonus points for having Draw Back by default.

Alternately, you could give Nino or Tharja's tome to a mounted mage and then give them cavalry boosting buffs for extra bullshit damage. But then that would require sacrificing a 5* character.

Odin has a similar tome but he's not as popular for some reason. Probably because of lower attack stats.
Ohhh, nice! I have a 5* -HP +DEF Tharja and a 5* -HP +SPD Eirika. I think I will spend those twenty thousand feathers on Nino! What a time!

Akuun

Ohhh, nice! I have a 5* -HP +DEF Tharja and a 5* -HP +SPD Eirika. I think I will spend those twenty thousand feathers on Nino! What a time!
If you already have a Tharja, then give her and Eirika a spin to see if you like the playstyle first. Might as well try it out before spending those feathers on Nino.

PK Gaming

In the process of passing Fury on all of them. I did, I just need to get the SP for it. I would also prefer Dark Breath+ on Tiki but that's not possible without spending a lot for feathers. And I can't do that in the short term because getting Kamui +10 is more important.

Tiki +Defense/-Speed
Drag Back
Fury 3
Renewal 3/Swordbreaker 3
Breath of Life 3/Spur Attack/Something else later

Kamui +Speed/-Resistance
Reposition
Fury 3
Desperation 3
Hone Attack/Spur Attack

Nono Neutral; will want +Attack/-Speed in the future.
Reposition
Fury 3
Swordbreaker 3
Threaten Resistance/Spur Attack/Hone Dragons (when it releases)

Ninian -Resistance/-Defense will want to change in the future.
Fury 3
Renewal 3/Lancebreaker 3
Fortify Dragons

As of now, I don't really have anyone else that needs to turn into 5 stars. Only to pass down Life and Death 3 or Blade magic to Rinda if I ever get her.

I have 200 orbs saved up now, I should go save it for the next banner. But I really want to get a better nature Ninian and get more skill fodder to pass down...

Oh, excellent

I've been running Lancebreaker on Corrin for Effie, but I might swap it out for Desperation.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So, if I am going to promote someone to 5* from 4*, does it make sense to take them to level 40 first as a 4* just for the SP? I can't think why I wouldn't.

lt519

So, if I am going to promote someone to 5* from 4*, does it make sense to take them to level 40 first as a 4* just for the SP? I can't think why I wouldn't.

Time? But yeah, that'd be the optimal way to do it.

Hector is OP to the point where nothing I try seems to work against him.

Tank with a red character by baiting him to attack first, survive the attack, get a little damage in and then finish off with a ranged character and get the bait back to safety because he's likely severely hurt. I do it with Roy and then follow up with a blast from Nino and it works every time. The only reason I'm keeping Roy around.

Puruzi

Banned
I used to use Lucina to counter hector but triangle adept oliva ruins him. I feel like any red with triangle adept bodies hector.

My hector also beats other hectors provided I let them hit him first and then attack next turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom