• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL 15 - Now Available for Pre-Purchase on Xbox One

Hawk269

I played one full game so far and like some others have said, this years game is leagues better than last years. It looks extremely crisp and clean. It seems like it is running at a better resolution or something because it looks really good. I have not been into Madden for a while, but I think I might jump in after playing it for a bit.

zychi

Banned
It is impossible to play someone online. Everyone either backs out, or the game session ends when we both hit Ready.

Thanks for the confirm I had saw that 6 hour thing as well and wondered if was legit. That sucks it used to be straight up 2 days early..

BTW anyone else still watching MaddenTips Twitch stream? They keep hyping a $90 tip guide and hyping how they have 1000 hours into 15 already and wrote the Prima guide etc etc. Yet they playing a game online and LOSING......

EDIT: prolly about to be banned from chat..... every time i mention this it gets deleted.

Edit 2: "You are banned from talking in maddentips for 546 more seconds." lol I asked again if they $90 guide will allow to lose as well to a scrub day zero.

Lol I made a few snotty comments towards those guys and they didn't like it. They were so cocky though and we're not that good at all.

mbmonk

Props to the Madden team for having some top notch tutorials on coverages and passing route concepts. Finally they are teaching players the game of football. This is long overdue. I have learned a ton just going the the concepts tutorials.

I haven't actually played a game yet because I have been in the tutorials so much. :)

Bsigg12

Props to the Madden team for having some top notch tutorials on coverages and passing route concepts. Finally they are teaching players the game of football. This is long overdue. I have learned a ton just going the the concepts tutorials.

I haven't actually played a game yet because I have been in the tutorials so much. :)

Make sure you try out the Gauntlet. The boss rounds are interesting.

Shit this is rough. Playing on Xbox is already an adjustment, but this feels really different than other recent Maddens (not in a bad way). Gonna be a long adjustment period.

Smokey

Does anybody want to try and play? Cant connect with a Madden gaffer for a friend's game. Want to name sure my connection is ok. GT = Smokey Nice

gthobbes

Banned
I've seen enough on Twitch to know I'll be saving $60 this year. I'm a big football fan, but this game's still miles away from NBA 2K and The Show. I don't have time anymore to spend on another mediocre Madden game.

I've had mine downloaded and ready to go all day, but was occupied with nephews. Listening to people talk about how improved it is makes me want to give it a try soon. My 5 year old nephew is playing his Manchester united league game right now. :p Amateur difficulty, 5 minutes each half.

He's up 7-0 lol. I may have to move him up to Semi-Pro.

Bsigg12

Does anybody want to try and play? Cant connect with a Madden gaffer for a friend's game. Want to name sure my connection is ok. GT = Smokey Nice

I would but my internet is total ass right now. We're only getting 2Mbps when we're supposed to be in the 20mbps range. Thank god they will be offering 1Gbps here soon.

Kusagari

Going right from Madden 25, which I played for the first time through EA access, to this is mind-blowing.

The game just looks and feels so much better.

Long time madden player and I think I may end up skipping. Looks and feels better, but something feels a little off on D. When I go into the zoom view for defense and I'm playing on all-madden it really feels like the computer controlled d players are significantly worse. I played one half in the new zoom and one in standard. Defense played completely differently. My men actually followed in man and tackled in standard. In zoom they never took angles and all got run over by Gio. Literally I was in a 2 man under and my cbs didn't move off the line on two separate plays.

Anyone else notice that whether or not a catch is in bounds has no relation to what you see on screen? It's never been perfect but I had two tds where my guy caught it completely out of bounds and it was called in. I had another on the sidelines. I guess they want you to challenge but these were scoring plays. It looks like the detection got worse.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I genuinely feel like buying this game after playing about an hour or so. I'm not the biggest madden guy, but I've messed around a bit with the previous game and this one seems so much improved.

Felt like I actually knew what I was doing, and I can legitimately see myself having a great deal of fun with it. Presentation is also so much better.

how do I call plays like the old games? Pissing me off with this recommended shit

I just hit b, and I get a choice of plays I want to call.

Omega

Banned
I've seen enough on Twitch to know I'll be saving $60 this year. I'm a big football fan, but this game's still miles away from NBA 2K and The Show. I don't have time anymore to spend on another mediocre Madden game.

I'm assuming you're talking about graphics, because those are the only departments those games are good at.

anyone getting this and potentially interested in an online league should check out this thread

Samus4145

Is it more or does the Create a Player suck? The face options are quite limited and I can't find any option to use EA Game Face.

Spades

Is it more or does the Create a Player suck? The face options are quite limited and I can't find any option to use EA Game Face.

No Game Face support again? That's odd. I remember Madden 25 allowing it on 360 but not on One - it's strange if this new game doesn't support it either.

The new camera options are very welcome for me... Absolutely love them. Using the dpad pre-play you can switch camera angles. It's great if you're doing a run you may want to have a more zoomed in camera, but if you're passing you may want to pull out and do the NFL's "All 22" cam. They've had the different cameras for years, but this is the first time you can switch on the fly.. like a racing game. It's a real welcome change and very easy.

This game is leaps and bounds better than Madden 25, like, it's not even funny how much of an improvement this version is.

People can claim that Madden is just roster updates every year, and usually I'm inclined to agree a bit, but this year's puts 25 to shame.

Spades

Can someone tell me how you can switch lock to a WR pre-snap and control the WR instead of the QB, pressing A to call for the ball whilst running your own route? I know it's possible as I saw someone do it on a stream but couldn't figure out how myself in the brief time I played the game for last night.

Top Bottom