• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dropbox - Dropquest 2011 (50gb up for grabs to the fastest, 1gb for everyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Brettison said:
Step 13 is confusing the fuck out of me...

I went to THIS page but that was no help....

Then I went to..

THIS

and clicked on japanese place which gave me step 16? WTF I thought I was on step 13 with the fuck'n haiku?

PS: No need to be cryptic just tell me wtf I am doing wrong... this cryptic shit sucks, and I'm trying to watch the playoffs damn it!!
You did three steps while doing that. So you went from Step 13 to Step 16, but each individual step does not have its own webpage

RoadHazard

Gold Member
FrancisH said:
I am in the UK and mine ends in ac.uk, it worked for me :) Give it a go!

Cool, it worked with my Swedish university mail! Now I've got 8.8 GB, nice! Not sure I'll even bother with this quest, probably never gonna use all that space anyway...

SuperBonk

Is the paper one of those things where you put like a pencil through the middle and spin it to see which numbers stay visible?

ant_

BeeDog said:
I don't fucking get this printout puzzle. I also got the same numbers as r4z4, but have no idea what to do.
Did you guys try putting a pencil inside the plus sign and spinning the numbers around, seeing what numbers show up? Seems fucking random, but you never know. I would be helping but I don't have a printer :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
K2Valor said:
You did three steps while doing that. So you went from Step 13 to Step 16, but each individual step does not have its own webpage

Well thanks... I would have been stuck for what seemed likes FOREVER.

SuperBonk said:
Is the paper one of those things where you put like a pencil through the middle and spin it to see which numbers stay visible?

I don't have a clue how to do that. Wait, just spin in? No need to fold?

BeeDog

K2Valor said:
Did you guys try putting a pencil inside the plus sign and spinning the numbers around, seeing what numbers show up? Seems fucking random, but you never know. I would be helping but I don't have a printer :(

I tried it but can't get anything from it, heh.

r4z4

K2Valor said:

lol yeh i actually did this, just made me dizzy

K2Valor said:

Couldn't that in theory also be done via a .gif?

AlexMogil

K2Valor said:

Didn't do anything but it did cause my wife to look at me funny.

r4z4

Zombie James said:
GO GO GO.

YES!

"Your journey is at its end. You already know the answer, because you've been following a trail this entire time. Retrace your steps, and claim total victory!"

Its got to be the letters at the ends of the URLs we've been following?

dream

What if it's multiplication? Would that narrow anything down?

edit: oh, it was solved. how in the fuck was it solved?

Phoenix

Step 28 == 1133471056

Your journey is at its end. You already know the answer, because you've been following a trail this entire time. Retrace your steps, and claim total victory!

Probably has something to do with all these .pngs they've been giving us.

dude

dude
Phantast2k said:
---> 1133471056
HOW. I must know. (I assume you have to make it into a paper crane because of the "craned your neck" line?)

And for 29 - I guess you add up the letters from all the pages? What does it come out to?

ant_

FINAL ANSWER has to be the word that is spelled out with the letters of the URLs we've been using. I checked my history but I dunno if I have them all

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Drkirby said:
So, is there a reason I can't just skip to the end?

I don't think some of the pages will load if you don't go in order. You also accumulate extra dropbox space as you go along, it doesn't just come at the end

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
FepzO.png

thanks gaf

ant_

InsertCredit said:
Awesome stuff guys. This was a lot of fun.

<3 neogaf.
Yep, was pretty damn fun. Still perplexed @ how to get the answer to that number puzzle, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom