• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Watch: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment coming to PS3/PSP PSN via PSone classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see the game coming out sooner than expected. I hope it's at least $9.99. I'm very curious to read the PS Blog post about this game, especially the details on why P2: EP PSP wasn't a possibility in the west though I'm sure it won't be the full story.

My PSX copy of P2: EP shall remain unopened.

Tizoc

Great to see the game coming out sooner than expected. I hope it's at least $9.99. I'm very curious to read the PS Blog post about this game, especially the details on why P2: EP PSP wasn't a possibility in the west though I'm sure it won't be the full story.

My PSX copy of P2: EP shall remain unopened.

Son, why you so cray cray? $6 or bust.

Heh I would be surprised but glad if it does go for $5.99. Either of those two prices mentioned, I'll still purchase it because a part of me doesn't want to open my factory sealed PSX copy.

cjkeats

This coming so soon makes me extra salty I never got that $10 credit everyone else did. *rabblerabble*

What kind of difficulty options does this have?

Alfredo

I know people are saying it's not ideal to play the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment in conjunction with PSP Innocent Sin, but, hey, it's the only option open to me.

So, which one do I play first: Innocent Sin or Eternal Punishment? Or does it really matter?

Well like I said, I'll definitely purchase it for $9.99 because I was halfway expecting it would be the price. Maybe not this week because I'm waiting to see the discounts for tomorrow's PS Store update and still have to purchase the 12 months + 3 months free of PS Plus before this week ends. But I'll definitely get this soon so I can get the whole series on my Vita.

jorgeton

Nice! Just saw this. It ain't the psp version but it'll do. I played the ps1 version recently and it holds up. Translation is pretty good. Thanks Atlus!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man, even vaguer than expected. Not even a mention of the problems being technical, or otherwise.

Probably is technical, someone mentioned something that maybe the Atlus programmers moved on from the PSP and were unavailable to do the localization. I dunno how true that actually is, but it probably makes the most sense.

cj_iwakura

Probably is technical, someone mentioned something that maybe the Atlus programmers moved on from the PSP and were unavailable to do the localization. I dunno how true that actually is, but it probably makes the most sense.

Yeah, that doesn't explain anything. Well, it'll get fan translated one day, so it's no big deal.

I wonder if I need to do a new banner... (Probably.)

A new OT'll go up tonight most likely. Mostly same as the import PSP one, with a few updates.

cjkeats

Yeah, that doesn't explain anything. Well, it'll get fan translated one day, so it's no big deal.

I wonder if I need to do a new banner... (Probably.)

A new OT'll go up tonight most likely. Mostly same as the import PSP one, with a few updates.

You mean "downdates" right? ;)

Eusis

It might also be they had to make some serious cuts, maybe cutting out the Tatsuya side story stuff... which might raise the question of whether it'd even be worth the trouble to localize versus just putting the PS1 version on PSN, especially if somehow losing that ran afoul of SCEA policies on new content (I'd hope those are long gone.) But who knows, either way either things could've been blocked or they'd need to compromise in such a ridiculous way it wasn't really worth it.

cj_iwakura

It might also be they had to make some serious cuts, maybe cutting out the Tatsuya side story stuff... which might raise the question of whether it'd even be worth the trouble to localize versus just putting the PS1 version on PSN, especially if somehow losing that ran afoul of SCEA policies on new content (I'd hope those are long gone.) But who knows, either way either things would've been blocked or they'd need to compromise in such a ridiculous way it wasn't really worth it.

That actually makes sense, in that it's just sad enough to be true.

cj_iwakura

Another member of Atlus staff said this at their MB:

Yeah, that is kind of weird. I'm guessing a third party got involved and redacted potentially embarrassing stuff from his draft before it got to the PSBlog. Those of us wasting our time on the forums aren't in marketing

So maybe we shouldn't be blaming Nich. Sounds like SCEA. Which puts a few pieces into place, doesn't it?

Aeana

Another member of Atlus staff said this at their MB:

So maybe we shouldn't be blaming Nich. Sounds like SCEA. Which puts a few pieces into place, doesn't it?

Why did you ever think you should be blaming Nich? Like, did that thought seriously ever cross your mind?

randomkid

I guess I sort of forgot that Nich mentioned he would touch on how the PSP version couldn't make it over in that blog entry, I didn't really miss it and knowing that fear of low sales wasn't the issue is satisfying enough for me to be honest. The idea of Nich maliciously overpromising information in order to mess with CJ is pretty amusing though.

cj_iwakura

I guess I sort of forgot that Nich mentioned he would touch on how the PSP version couldn't make it over in that blog entry, I didn't really miss it and knowing that fear of low sales wasn't the issue is satisfying enough for me to be honest. The idea of Nich maliciously overpromising information in order to mess with CJ is pretty amusing though.

I'd like to think he'd be more mature than that, but who knows.

Eusis

Well, he said he couldn't say more. Though I guess if SCEA edited before putting it up that could say everything. Of course if it was Atlus then it's just the same as before anyway.

Clov

If low sales weren't the issue, what possible issue could it have been that was so confidential SCEA had to edit it out? I can't imagine it was anything with their approval process, given that companies are still putting out digital (and even physical) PSP games.

randomkid

Well, he said he couldn't say more. Though I guess if SCEA edited before putting it up that could say everything. Of course if it was Atlus then it's just the same as before anyway.

Yeah I wasn't expecting any new or additional information and didn't really get that impression from the initial post anyways.

The name change overview seems like it'll be pretty helpful for most people but honestly those characters were always Mary, Alana and Mark to me so I'm personally good either way.

Eusis

Yeah I wasn't expecting any new or additional information and didn't really get that impression from the initial post anyways.

The name change overview seems like it'll be pretty helpful for most people but honestly those characters were always Mary, Alana and Mark to me so I'm personally good either way.
And he's still Mark, hilariously enough. Just Japanese rather than Black. Come to think of it Alana's not on that list either, though maybe she just wasn't in Persona 2 Eternal Punishment.
Maybe this has something to do with why he asked to be banned.
That'd make sense, if he thought there'd be issues (or he went a bit further than Atlus would've liked) he could've asked for the ban or whatever, at least until this has cooled. I just figured he felt he might've started to develop too much of a temper and decided to take a small break.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's not playable on Vita as of 2/26/13. Hopefully they remedy that.

Judging by what Nich said on twitter, it was SUPPOSED to be playable on Vita and they are working on it.

Meanwhile...

1HqhzP9.jpg

:3

Yes, it is dusty, that's what happens after a year of non-use. ;p

Judging by what Nich said on twitter, it was SUPPOSED to be playable on Vita and they are working on it.

Meanwhile...

1HqhzP9.jpg

:3

Yes, it is dusty, that's what happens after a year of non-use. ;p
looks like you was snorting coke. that's some thick dust going on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom