• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 1.92 is up.

Core407

Banned
Souther said:
i guess your going to have to find some on the net and then maybe there is an option in the browser to save them

I've got some on my USB but they don't show up in the pictures section.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Flash backgrounds are a bunch of malarky. How could that even work?

I'd love to be wrong, but I doubt I am.

Icarus

If it's flash backgrounds, call me "happy".

I like the RE5 and the Heavenly Sword backgrounds, but I don't want to replace the rippling goodness of the default one (it's so cool).

We need more subtle but cool animating backgrounds. :)

I'll also be happy if this fixes the network/crashing on wowhawk.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Deadly Monk said:
Tried a few flash vids, nothing worked. Maybe they have to be applied a specific way?

It's probably fake. Then again it's weird that we jumped from 1.90 to 1.92...so SOMETHING has to be here that we're not seeing.

I'm off to bed, good night treasure hunters. :D

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
chubigans said:
It's probably fake. Then again it's weird that we jumped from 1.90 to 1.92...so SOMETHING has to be here that we're not seeing.

I'm off to bed, good night treasure hunters. :D
Secret Uncharted demo confirmed.

Jonnyram

chubigans said:
Flash backgrounds are a bunch of malarky. How could that even work?
YEAH, I'M SURE IT'S SO DIFFICULT TO TAKE A FLASH MOVIE AND DISPLAY IT IN FULL SCREEN INSTEAD OF WINDOWED.

Souther

Banned
i remember someone posting the animated backgrounds from Singstar PS3...

Now being able to download those or having game company's providing these when they ship there games or via free dl on the PStore would be cool

Secret update to security because someone on the team found a HUGE GAPING HOLE in 1.90 and they want to close it up before we can play "backups".

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Jonnyram said:
YEAH, I'M SURE IT'S SO DIFFICULT TO TAKE A FLASH MOVIE AND DISPLAY IT IN FULL SCREEN INSTEAD OF WINDOWED.
Broken, your capslock key is.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Jonnyram said:

They don't even have a decent flash app in the main internet browser though. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough...

jonabbey

They appear to have substantially improved the web browser. I know that Ars Technica was getting scrambled pretty badly with the 1.90 firmware, but it renders quickly and correctly under 1.92.

Edit

Yeah, they've definitely improved the browser. It's now possible to scroll through a long page while the browser is still loading images. Live Journal is now tons better.

ari

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
-Adds VF5 online support
-Makes Lair fun
-Adds 10 hours to Heavenly Sword
wait, this dude got banned for this shit? the mod obviously never moderated wii threads before.

oh yea, what was the update about, doesnt seem different to me at all.

FightyF

Banned
If there is no feature list, then it's probably an update to make the console more secure, efficient, etc.

I mean, 1.92 in and of itself is a clue that it's probably an update with no new spectacular features, but one that just makes the current feature-set more efficient.

Souther

Banned
i think a good addition to the system would be the ability to have a power off timer.

Being able to set the system to shut off automatically at a set time would be great. Espically when you decide to leave the system on when you go to bed because your trying to download everything at once on thursdays..Or have the ability to set the system to power off when all DL's in the list are completed

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
After downloading 1.92, I cannot log into PSN, it constantly times out.

hmmm - Kaching - is your issue with Warhawk still on going too?

I was planning on getting my ass shot down all night tonight too.

jonabbey

There's also a new menu item when you hit triangle on your logged in profile under the friends list. You can now select 'Auto Sign-In Off'. I'm not sure quite what it does yet.

Edit: Oh well, ask a silly question. If you select that, it doesn't automatically log you into PSN when you turn on the system and log into your local account.

Maybe it wasn't a new feature? I thought there was some way to do that before.

I've noticed just now that browsing through large folders on a Media Server in the XMB is significantly faster. Though of course I'm not 100% sure this has to do with the patch or just something to do with my LAN.

Rugasuki

slicknick1986 said:
I've noticed just now that browsing through large folders on a Media Server in the XMB is significantly faster. Though of course I'm not 100% sure this has to do with the patch or just something to do with my LAN.

I think you are right. Mine seems faster too.

sado

Y'know, things break...
kaching said:
yeah, still a problem
yep damnit warhawk now ceases to login, it gets past the EULA but when you get to the processing login part it times out everytime.

jonabbey

On ps3forums, they're suggesting that games stored on the hard drive are loading faster now, to go along with the decrease in load time for animated icons on the XMB.

"Apparently HDD access times have been cut nearly in half from reports around the internet."

Nice bit of work, if true.

Killthee said:
Maybe they fixed the wifi issues?

Hmm possibly, because yeah my PS3 is on WiFi. I can now browse through all of my music without any network load times. Large photos (2MB+) still take the same amount of time to load up though it seems.

Rugasuki

slicknick1986 said:
Hmm possibly, because yeah my PS3 is on WiFi. I can now browse through all of my music without any network load times. Large photos (2MB+) still take the same amount of time to load up though it seems.

Mine is using Wi-Fi right now too. I'm trying to download a trailer to see if it feels faster.

Edit: Download speeds still seem pretty shitty.

Ploid 3.0

I can't brows the web on my main account. All my bookmarks. Here I am using "JapanUser" ; ;. Add me to fwend list [/japan emoticons]

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yeah, still a problem

is this just specific to warhawk?

can you still get into PSN for instance?

I assume they didn`t screw up the ability to upgrade to the next firmware! hahaha.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
sado | AggravatedGamers said:
yep damnit warhawk now ceases to login, it gets past the EULA but when you get to the processing login part it times out everytime.
I was getting that error an hour and a half before the update. I finally managed to log on half an hour ago.

Narcosis

I am all for faster PS Store downloads if this is the case from the update. I'd also like it if downloads worked properly every time I try to DL from the store while playing an offline PS2 game. Sometimes I finish a game and all my DLs are complete, other times while playing PS2 games for an hour I come back to check the DL status and see 1%.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:
Mines done :)

I'm downloading the new Echochrome trailer seems faster then usual.....

I downloaded that as well, looking forward to that.
Indifferent2.gif

Agent X

DCharlie said:
hmmm - Kaching - is your issue with Warhawk still on going too?

I was planning on getting my ass shot down all night tonight too.

I'm not kaching, but I had a similar problem to what he mentioned. I was able to log in about five minutes after I posted my post above.

FightyF

Banned
Yeah...sounds like things were being made efficient.

Damnit, I'm always right. I gotta be wrong one of these days... :p

I'm an egotistical dickwad. :p

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DCharlie said:
is this just specific to warhawk?

can you still get into PSN for instance?

I assume they didn`t screw up the ability to upgrade to the next firmware! hahaha.
Seems to be confined to Warhawk. I can login to PSN, check friends list, send messages, go into PSN store. Tried Stardust, can access high score tables.

And I see others on my friends list that are playing Warhawk, to add insult to injury.

Edit: I've tried rebooting a few times at this point and everything seems to work except Warhawk each time.

ari said:
wait, this dude got banned for this shit? the mod obviously never moderated wii threads before.

oh yea, what was the update about, doesnt seem different to me at all.

I got a good chuckle out of his post myself.. although the subsequent banning made me laugh a little more... oh well..

neogaf_dude.gif

KongRudi

Banned
Anyone noticed if there are anything new on the browser?

ari said:

This is to become a thread where many PS3-owners will enter in a very short time, to check what's been updated on their PS3, no need to let the thread become hijacked allready, good riddance to him if that's all he had to contribute. :)

KongRudi

Banned
DJ Crimson said:
I don't know if this is exactly new but when you press triangle over the Folding@home program, I think they added the "Auto-Start" selection. Four options on it include "Off", "After 10 Minutes", "After 20 Minutes" & "After 30 Minutes". I doubt this is new and they probably added it just with the update to the program a while ago but whatever. Just noticed it and thought it was pretty cool.

I think that has been from the start of F@h. :)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
DJ Crimson said:
I don't know if this is exactly new but when you press triangle over the Folding@home program, I think they added the "Auto-Start" selection. Four options on it include "Off", "After 10 Minutes", "After 20 Minutes" & "After 30 Minutes". I doubt this is new and they probably added it just with the update to the program a while ago but whatever. Just noticed it and thought it was pretty cool.

its been like that for a long time

Top Bottom