• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

neoism

lol
i was still on the other thread wondering wtf has happened to ghal and you guys are 400 posts in lol

you guys know you trust 343 :p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You know what the only thing I love about jetpacks is? The fact that when someone is almost dead they will jetpack straight up in the air, as if that will somehow save them. When it really just makes them an even easier target.

neoism

*Walks in* Yep, this is HaloGAF.

Ohh yeah, GIFS!

igmmFfEhYdY0V.gif

not sure if frankie can or would answer this... but is it me or does sprint look move floaty than in REACH.... I lllloooove the sprinit animation too, not sure Guess I need to see a better video of it.

FyreWulff

You know what the only thing I love about jetpacks is? The fact that when someone is almost dead they will jetpack straight up in the air, as if that will somehow save them. When it really just makes them an even easier target.

It's also hilarious when the jetpacks stay activated after someone dies. Horror ragdoll.

Random marketing idea for 343: Show video of a gorgeous new multiplayer map, focusing on new weapons and gameplay elements. At the end of the video, announce "Oh yeah, this map was built in Forge 3.0 by a fan visiting the studio last week."

Just thought that would be a neat twist, assuming Forge gets enough of an upgrade that it wouldn't be obvious.

I think the length has been fine so far, the issue is that some people aren't going to be interested in all of the things you talked about in each episode. Maybe when Duncan posts to youtube he could list the times on the different topics you discuss (Halo 4@ 1:35:05, Trials @ 57:03, Tashi's inconsistent accent @00:00:01, etc). Whoever posts here to let people know that it's on could also include those times.

I like the show so far, but I mostly listen to it while I'm stuck doing something else, so I don't mind when you talk expansively about topics. Others might be listening just to hear a specific thing though, so a mini show notes is probably a good idea.

Very good suggestion. I already jot down timestamps for the breaks (to help with editing) so I'll just do the same for the major discussion topics.

Random marketing idea for 343: Show video of a gorgeous new multiplayer map, focusing on new weapons and gameplay elements. At the end of the video, announce "Oh yeah, this map was built in Forge 3.0 by a fan visiting the studio last week."

Just thought that would be a neat twist, assuming Forge gets enough of an upgrade that it wouldn't be obvious.
I remember the first glimpses of Forge 2.0 with Hemorrhage in the RvB video. Thing was, people were speculating that it was Forge because of the weird way the grass meshed with the floor of the base, and the shading of the base. Though I think the excitement went on seeing the rock blockage at the end of the map and one of the character's implying there's a lot more to it than we saw there.

What strange times.

TheOddOne

I remember the first glimpses of Forge 2.0 with Hemorrhage in the RvB video. Thing was, people were speculating that it was Forge because of the weird way the grass meshed with the floor of the base, and the shading of the base. Though I think the excitement went on seeing the rock blockage at the end of the map and one of the character's implying there's a lot more to it than we saw there.

What strange times.
However people feel about Forge 2.0, that was a great reveal.

Failing that, it would be pretty cool for them to invite someone from the Forge Community to the studio to build a Forge 3.0 map to be available on day 1.

I'm not against community maps making it into matchmaking, but they should be included only in a playlist they were specifically built for AND they should not outnumber the developer maps in that playlist. Lastly, they should be rotated out on a regular basis if voting data indicates that they are losing popularity and/or if there are more deserving community maps waiting to get into that playlist.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Watched 15 seconds, which will be the last footage I see until I'm in the theater opening night.

So damn excited.

You could have watched the entire clip. There's no spoilers. Last thing I would do is post a spoiler from that movie, it's one of the things I've most been looking forward to this year. It's simply the ship landing on the planet.

Reach forge was annouced pretty late (july SDCC) i have a feeling if it is something like a FC terrain editor/Creator it will be reserved for after E3 again.

However, we know this E3 is supposed to have the biggest halo presence yet which could indicate a full- semi full blow out detailing everything.

November release date give them alot of reveals date later in the year.

Im expecting

• Spartan Ops BTS
  • Big Chunk of Multiplayer on a new map with new weapons/vehicles and customization options
  • Campaign footage previously shown to the "VIP's"

Did ya watch that spoilerish trailer? i havent but some say it is not hat spoilerish. Not sure which group I should trust.

The third one? As far as I've been told the spoiler-ish trailer was attached to The Avengers in my area and I didn't recognize what was so revealing about it. Maybe I'm subconsciously avoiding connecting the dots (which is good for me), so I can't say for certain.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Did ya watch that spoilerish trailer? i havent but some say it is not hat spoilerish. Not sure which group I should trust.

Which trailer? The movie one? It seemed pretty spoilerish to me when I saw it at "The Avengers."

MP Vidoc can't come soon enough.

Agreed, I'm hoping a lot of fears are put to rest. I'm sure though, that a lot of questions will come and a lot of saltiness will come with it.

I don't really give a fuck what changes as long as the game is balanced and fun. I try not to shoehorn games into their names, god knows if that was true I would hate Ghost Recon. But I understand the expectation that comes with Halo.

TheOddOne

Reach forge was annouced pretty late (july SDCC) i have a feeling if it is something like a FC terrain editor/Creator it will be reserved for after E3 again.

However, we know this E3 is supposed to have the biggest halo presence yet which could indicate a full- semi full blow out detailing everything.

November release date give them alot of reveals date later in the year.

Im expecting

• Spartan Ops BTS
  • Big Chunk of Multiplayer on a new map with new weapons/vehicles and customization options
  • Campaign footage previously shown to the "VIP's"
But let's put on our pessimistic hat on for a moment: this will not happen.

If it does, screw my goddamn hat.

Should there be any expectation for Halo 4's Forge to be anything more than block placing like it always was? I feel like this is another case of "a thing that they think would be nice to have, that they knew they weren't going to have a long time ago".

FyreWulff

Should there be any expectation for Halo 4's Forge to be anything more than block placing like it always was? I feel like this is another case of "a thing that they think would be nice to have, that they knew they weren't going to have a long time ago".

It's gonna look real awkward if they come out with block placing again with Far Cry 3 sitting right there with what can be assumed the next generation of the FC map editor.

Overdoziz

Banned
If they don't have a full-on map creator they might as well not bother at all.

Next logical evolution, matches the compertition to stay relevant ect

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It's gonna look real awkward if they come out with block placing again with Far Cry 3 sitting right there with what can be assumed the next generation of the FC map editor.

With 343's first attempt with Halo I really doubt we are going to get a "new" forge. I imagine they will focus mostly on the MP/SP of the game and work on forge/theater additions later down the line (subsequent games). That said, I really hope I'm wrong.

I also know jack shit about game design, so this may not even matter at all.

Tawpgun

I'm hoping for some basic terrain editing, more options, and proper lighting.

Being in the Infinity Holo Room, you'd expect the possibilities to be endless.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. I'd like to see an actual map creation tool whose product can realistically sit beside the developer-made maps for the long haul of matchmaking. What we have now just doesn't cut it.
If they don't have a full-on map creator they might as well not bother at all.
Truly. Sorry if it offends the kids who like to build giant statues or that one person who probably used as much of FW as he/she could for a racetrack, but it's time to shit or get off the pot here.

FyreWulff

With 343's first attempt with Halo I really doubt we are going to get a "new" forge. I imagine they will focus mostly on the MP/SP of the game and work on forge/theater additions later down the line (subsequent games). That said, I really hope I'm wrong.

I also know jack shit about game design, so this may not even matter at all.

If they really have to make it blocky placey again, at least give people a gigantic flat space (like, BTB size) so people can make BTB sized maps without having to lower performance by making gigantic floors.

Also, don't release a disc a year after the game comes out that doesn't have your prime Forge map on it, splitting the community and forcing them to forge remakes out of remakes.

TheOddOne

I really hope they have made major improvements to Theater and Forge. Just like they are putting their stamp on SP en MP, I hope they put their own stap on the other modes.

Part of me thinks that way, the other part tells me I'm an idiot for expecting more.

Top Bottom