• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
AJ can you test out the Huawei Nova 2 for the culture? The culture of people waiting for the perfect android device that is.
Sure. Link me to a store in Chengdu, China, that has it and I'll check it out for you.

Jeffrey

Wonder what cheap stuff to pick up when in China this year.

Maybe I should pick up a mi band. Not sure if the Chinese version is different from international.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Game Over - Ultimate Bomba has hit

Best Buy

20170526_141634iwq5d.png

Jeffrey

Wireless stuff is fine. I have a charging stand at work. Just drop phone on it when not in use.

Phone is like at 90% when I leave for home.

reKon

Banned
If I were a tech reviewer today, any phone that doesn't have a headphone jack loses a point from their score automatically.

teiresias

DAMMIT!!! I just dropped my Moto Z Play on the sidewalk and completely shattered the screen. Buying a replacement isn't really an issue for me, but because everything has stupid capacitive buttons, and the bottom of the screen is what's shattered, so I can't use the phone anymore since the capacitive buttons don't work, so I can't even open the app drawer so I can't open Google Authenticator to use 2-factor for anything . . . including getting in to Google.

I have recovery codes back in my apartment, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm not going to be home for another week.

This is such BS.

kaiyo

DAMMIT!!! I just dropped my Moto Z Play on the sidewalk and completely shattered the screen. Buying a replacement isn't really an issue for me, but because everything has stupid capacitive buttons, and the bottom of the screen is what's shattered, so I can't use the phone anymore since the capacitive buttons don't work, so I can't even open the app drawer so I can't open Google Authenticator to use 2-factor for anything . . . including getting in to Google.

I have recovery codes back in my apartment, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm not going to be home for another week.

This is such BS.

Can't​ you just search for the app? And open the app from there? Or open it from the play store.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That's EXACTLY what I said before I got a wireless charger.

My Nexus 7 USB port died. I was about to trash it until I remembered: this thing has wireless charging!! I bought a cheap charger from Amazon and the tablet is charging like a champ. I had never used the functionality on the tablet so if you'd asked me a month ago I would have said it was overrated, but not anymore.

Get a case people.

Don't worry, this advice will always fall on deaf ears. If everyone bought cases for their phones, the smartphone market would tank 50% in a day because there would be nobody buying replacements for their shattered phones all the time. As someone who holds AAPL I encourage everyone to not put cases on their phones and also drop them frequently. Thank you.

Jeffrey

i like it. Out tall the s8.

The long cat wars of cellphone design has begun.

Seriously wtf is up with the phone app on the s8? Takes a noticeable amount of time to open, and answering a call often kills some apps in memory. Why isn't it running in the bg at all times like pretty much any other phone lol.

i like it. Out tall the s8.

The long cat wars of cellphone design has begun.

Seriously wtf is up with the phone app on the s8? Takes a noticeable amount of time to open, and answering a call often kills some apps in memory. Why isn't it running in the bg at all times like pretty much any other phone lol.

I've grown to dislike everything on the s8 other than the camera. That's the only good thing about it. Can't wait to get rid of these once samsung gives me my rebate. On top of that I just found out my S8 has ufs 2.0 and not 2.1.

My Nexus 7 USB port died. I was about to trash it until I remembered: this thing has wireless charging!! I bought a cheap charger from Amazon and the tablet is charging like a champ. I had never used the functionality on the tablet so if you'd asked me a month ago I would have said it was overrated, but not anymore.

The very same happened to me exactly with my Nexus 7 2013. In the heat of the moment when I realized the port was dead, I remember the son of a bitch has wireless charging and that I could solve all of this by buying a second hand wireless charger within the hour for 10 euros.

Needless to say it was a gift from the heavens. It's not a must for me in a phone, but I fully appreciate phones having it, even if for a weirder reason.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

I've grown to dislike everything on the s8 other than the camera. That's the only good thing about it. Can't wait to get rid of these once samsung gives me my rebate. On top of that I just found out my S8 has ufs 2.0 and not 2.1.
Here we go. The Galaxy S# backlash is coming, like clockwork. Fuck these phones. Stop buying them.

teiresias

Get a case people.

It was in a case, but didn't have a screen protector on it and it happened to land directly on the screen. With a tempered glass protector it probably would have survived.

Oh well. I've replaced it and gained access to everything now so all is well (aside from the unexpected layout of cash obviously). I've also bought a tempered glass screen protector to put on this one.

It's literally the first phone I've ever completely shattered the screen on so my record isn't terrible, lol.

Jeffrey

Here we go. The Galaxy S# backlash is coming, like clockwork. Fuck these phones. Stop buying them.

running out of options for at&t for android (for supporting wifi calling). Still rather have this over an LG lol.

Definitely switching to iphone 8 at the very least... well depends on if they fix the notifications.

maybe ill just go to t-mobile which at least does wifi calling with oneplus and zte i think.

It was in a case, but didn't have a screen protector on it and it happened to land directly on the screen. With a tempered glass protector it probably would have survived.

Oh well. I've replaced it and gained access to everything now so all is well (aside from the unexpected layout of cash obviously). I've also bought a tempered glass screen protector to put on this one.

It's literally the first phone I've ever completely shattered the screen on so my record isn't terrible, lol.

Shitty case then. Probably no lip or small lip. I've drop my phones face first a few times and the lip usually protects it.

Top Bottom