• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

yeah what's with that, no namakian in U6? fraud I say.

There are still two unknown fighters from U6 who are bald with pointy ears, based on their silhouettes. I'll be surprised if at least one isn't a Namekian, possibly both for a fusion in the middle of the tournament.

I hope we see Vegeta and/or Frieza react to Kale's form, they're the only ones who could shed some light on what it is, just a mutation or something more special. Though after how Trunks' Super Sinner form got completely no sold I expect no one will give a shit.

I wonder if Yamcha will actually get a big moment?
DDNBp_Z-_Ws_AAo5_Be.jpg
DDNBuu_FXYAARBy-.jpg
DDNC2_Y3_Xs_AYj9_N.jpg

Watch him save the universes via the power of baseball or something.

Not in the manga.

And it trivialized SS because of how quickly a second SS appeared after we were told what happened in Namek was nothing short of a miracle

Slight tangent, one thing (only thing) I liked about the Cooler movie was the fact they still made it a point to show that Goku going SSJ even after unlocking it wasn't as simple as charging up.

RedFox85

Can't wait for Vegeta to kick butts on the tourney.
His training in the Rosat must have been badass like always.

About Caulifla, she's like the ultimate prodigy.
She'll learn SSB just by watching Vegeta... She'll probably unlock SSB2 or some crazy thing too.

Badass=Mary Sue?

>_>

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Can a Saiyan become a rageaholic?

Is there Saiyan road rage?
*Gets stuck in traffic for 3 hours*

THAT'S IT

*Unlocks Super Saiyan*

Zubz

Banned

Maybe a big threat will come along like Babidi, Cell, or Piccolo Sr. pop out of Hell because Baba left a door open or something, & the fighters who stayed behind (Except the kids, who will fight poachers & maybe do a 3-Person fusion? Not counting the Namekian fusions, have we seen that yet?) will fight them. And Yamcha will get to be their leader.

Would definitely be another good set-up for a hypothetical "22 Tales About the DBZ Multiverse" spin-off people discussed last night, if it drags old characters out of the woodwork.

Skeeter49

So what are ethnics like in the DB world? What's stopping Bulma from operating on Yamcha in his sleep and turning him into an android?

Or Krillin/ Tien/ even Vegeta?

You're reading my post wrong lol. I'm saying unless you're 18, you'll get nerfed.

My bad, people do use 18 as an example of someone being nerfed because of marriage, so I guess I just defaulted that to being what you're saying. Yeah, 18 is really the only example of a female character keeping her dominance after marriage. I guess the doors open for Videl after Pan grows up.

I'd argue it's harder for human characters to have much relevance as a fighter, so there might be a brighter look for female saiyans after falling into a relationship.

NeonZ

Slight tangent, one thing (only thing) I liked about the Cooler movie was the fact they still made it a point to show that Goku going SSJ even after unlocking it wasn't as simple as charging up.

That was more about them recreating the SSJ moment in order to mimic the Freeza Saga though. Goku outright tells Trunks that he can transform at will and doesn't need anger anymore.

So what are ethnics like in the DB world? What's stopping Bulma from operating on Yamcha in his sleep and turning him into an android?

Bulma and her father didn't seem to understand Gero's technology well when they got the androids' plans.

Frost isn't even dead though.

So late because of I went to sleep but: I meant wish them back with Super Dragon Balls after their universe gets destroyed. Since they might not be able to switch teams so they'd still get erased with their universes after helping, but the Super Dragon Balls could be used to bring them back.

The receiving universe benefits by staying alive thanks to their help, so Freezas are earned it.

L Thammy

Well, in space, we know that there are minorities such as the Nameks and the Saiyans. Those are the results of planetary disasters. But it seems like the more urbanized parts of space, like Freeza's territory are pretty diverse. Earth has humans, who seem to have different ethnicities like in the real world. It also has animal people, who seem to be treated about the same as humans.

As for science ethics, hard to say. Bulma and Dr. Briefs don't do anything unreasonable on that front. Well, Bulma slipped Oolong some kind of voice controlled super laxative, but that obviously wasn't done in a professional capacity. Dr. Gero does more heinous stuff, but he's with a paramilitary organization, so he's probably outside the law and legitimate scientific circles anyway.

Yamcha just doesn't have anything supernatural about him , he's definitely a very strong human, but none of his moves besides maybe the spirit ball do much damage to any of the strongest fighters in Universe 7.

I think Friezas gonna straight up kill Frost since he doesn't work well with anyone and it'd be inline with his character.

Also, this saga has just fucked around with the energy levels of everyone. People are fighting on par with SSB.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
good point =o but I remember the manga said Yamcha cheated on Bulma so I was under the impression he's probably well off anyway, we know nothing about the dude now I think of it lol

Wasn't he a baseball player at some point? He's probably set for life given what a good player can make and considering his power set in comparison to the normal dude he's probably got Jeter money. Hell, if he ever retired it would simply be because he got bored.

There's some interesting stuff they could do with an episode focused on Yamcha's daily life.

ElFly

Wasn't he a baseball player at some point? He's probably set for life given what a good player can make and considering his power set in comparison to the normal dude he's probably got Jeter money.

only in filler/one of the ovas

well, until dragon ball super, tho super only says that he knows how to play baseball, not that he is a pro

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

well, until dragon ball super, tho super only says that he knows how to play baseball, not that he is a pro

Oh, that's lame. He should go join a team and be the greatest player to ever live. He'd have money for years at his level, dude wouldn't even need to show up to practice. I mean, look how Gohan did without even knowing the rules.

Skeeter49

I dont get it, why?

Them being wolf like people could be motivation for him. Maybe they could teach him something new. Wolf Fang Bomb/ Ball/ Beam.

In general I think there could have been some good with Yamcha being there and seeing people like Roshi and Krillin fight. The damage is done though.

L Thammy

Up until he met Bulma, Yamcha's career consisted of hiding out in the desert, then attacking people and robbing them blind. He's had, what, twenty years to climb the ladder? So he might be a CEO at a financial firm at this point.

Skeeter49

Maybe Yamcha lives a double life as the leader of the poachers attacking 17's island.

He was sad he wasn't chosen until he saw 17 was going. Now that 17 is finally gone, he has his chance to take over the island. Until he's defeated by Marron.

We need a "Hitler reacts to Yamcha being left off the TOP U7 team" video

I really hope this sets him out on a quest to really get back into training and makes considerable improvement in his fighting ability. Instead, I'm thinking he'll just have a fun/light-hearted subplot where he defends earth from a threat he can handle. Which would be fine

Edit: we need Yamcha to go through what Gohan recently went through with Piccolo's training. I'm not saying make Yamcha SSJ Blue level like Gohan going from unable to use Mystic form to getting it back quickly and being on a SSJ Blue level with it. I'm just saying, have him go from sort of washed up to being in the best form he has ever been in, like Gohan

ElFly

Oh, that's lame. He should go join a team and be the greatest player to ever live. He'd have money for years at his level, dude wouldn't even need to show up to practice. I mean, look how Gohan did without even knowing the rules.

toriyama said he does odd jobs as a bodyguard to help his income and that he lived with Tenshinhan (which may still be true, as Tenshinhan left Yamcha behind when going to fight Freeza, and Yamcha left Ten behind for the baseball match) so who knows what's going on

doubt Yamcha had to retire from wtfpwning at Baseball, due to age or anything. dunno why he'd have to make do as a bodyguard.

but life as a baseball player may mean a TRILLION games every year, and maybe, after raking in the money one year, he retired, bought an apartment, and just works here and there when he needs money. he doesn't sound like the kind of guy who'd be up for *checks* 162 games every year

144 if the taitans follow the japanese schedule

L Thammy

toriyama said he does odd jobs as a bodyguard to help his income and that he lived with yamcha (which may be true, as Tenshinhan left Yamcha behind when going to fight Freeza, and Yamcha left Ten behind for the baseball match) so who knows what's going on

doubt Yamcha had to retire from wtfpwning at Baseball

Maybe Yamcha got married to Tien after the Cell Games and got the marriage nerf?

smurfx

get some go again
so what's going to happen to frieza to punish him at the end? will he become xeno's baby sitter? freiza will be constantly trying to kill him or steal his power but only to be slapped down by xeno who thinks of it as a game.

ElFly

so what's going to happen to frieza to punish him at the end? will he become xeno's baby sitter? freiza will be constantly trying to kill him or steal his power but only to be slapped down by xeno who thinks of it as a game.

punish?

we know what's going to happen. Goku is gonna revive him

*later on*

Shenron: sorry, Goku, but I already revived Freeza and cannot bring him back again

everyone but Goku: *sigh of relief*

Goku: oh dang, gonna have to teleport to Namek for the other dragon balls

ERotIC

Banned
Weird that I don't have a character I'm rooting for in this entire tournament.

Guess I better pick my boy. Uhhh...

Hit's pretty cool, I guess. Yeah, I'll go with him.

LordOfChaos

Hit's pretty cool, I guess. Yeah, I'll go with him.

I *really* hope they're not just setting him up to job to Jiren or someone to set them up as a strong fighter before Goku gets to them.

Shit, I'd rather the opposite, Goku loses, U7 loses, another universe fixes shit for them and teaches them a lesson.

HeroR

I *really* hope they're not just setting him up to job to Jiren or someone to set them up as a strong fighter before Goku gets to them.

Shit, I'd rather the opposite, Goku loses, U7 loses, another universe fixes shit for them and teaches them a lesson.

Goku or U7 losing isn't a novelty in Super since Goku and others got the short end of the stick several times.

And someone learning lesson, you're funny.

NeonZ

So would you guys rather have Hit lose to Jiren or some other random guy.

If he's beaten by some random opponent, that opponent has to get some good battle against one of the higher tier U7 members afterwards. As far as the U7 members themselves go, I think Gohan beating him could show how far he has come.

Hydrus

Man.....I'm rewatching Dragon Ball and well... I WANNA GO AN ADVENTURE!!! I would give all the money I have for a Legacy of Goku/ Buu's furry type, large world, console dragon ball game. Anyone know if there are any rom hacks of dbz legacy of goku out there?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

He was stated by toriyama to be a professional baseball player which is why they gave him that filler in Z and why we see it in canon in super

Durden77

Frieza and Frost team up

Golden Frieza and Frost is enough to overpower many fighters. Or maybe just Frieza alone who I could see double crossing Frost.

Goku helps in taking down Frieza and people realize he's not so bad. (Even though he kinda is)

That happens at some point I think.

NeonZ

He was stated by toriyama to be a professional baseball player which is why they gave him that filler in Z and why we see it in canon in super

Toriyama gave Toei that idea for a filler episode, but afterwards he never used it himself. Before Super, his epilogue for Yamcha mentioned him working as a bodyguard and a failed host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom