• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
damon is in submission for literally two seconds

the only song (afaik not listened to this in full yet) Damon isn't in at all is Carnival.

I'm getting it confused for something else then.

But heads up someone tried to remaster the leak, apparently it sounds better. I'm downloading it right now and I'll tell you guys what I think.

EDIT: The remaster is overly bassey, but it sounds a lot better.

I'm getting it confused for something else then.

But heads up someone tried to remaster the leak, apparently it sounds better. I'm downloading it right now and I'll tell you guys what I think.

EDIT: The remaster is overly bassey, but it sounds a lot better.

They probably just ran it through Audacity to up the bass (what I did with Submission), it's fine if you HAVE to listen to it, but still not great.

They probably just ran it through Audacity to up the bass (what I did with Submission), it's fine if you HAVE to listen to it, but still not great.

Yeah its not super great or anything, but i think this is a pretty decent leak with the edited version. Not too much worse than other leaks I've heard in the past.
Edit: She's my Collar is top Gorillaz material. I think its going to make lots of people happy. Lots of Damon, great production, feature works really nicely, unobtrusive.

But I really like this album.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i gave both a listen. garbage quality at best. just wait the week and not spoil yourself. It's like being really hyped for a harry potter book, but the only way you can read it early is through a window covered in vaseline over someones shoulder.

It's a shame that a lot of fans aren't going to give this album a real chance simply because Damon isn't front and center all the time. Because it's got such strong material.
i gave both a listen. garbage quality at best. just wait the week and not spoil yourself. It's like being really hyped for a harry potter book, but the only way you can read it early is through a window covered in vaseline over someones shoulder.

Eh, I think the edited version is fine if you're not an audiophile.

Man, She's My Collar is catchy as hell.

Gonna have to let the album sit for a bit. I didn't care for Saturnz Barz much at first, now I love it. Still, initial impressions are positive.

hughesta

Banned
I mentioned that the only song Damon isn't on is Carnival, but the live version of that song features a full two minutes that aren't present on the leak and the song ends very abruptly so maybe the ripper fucked it up and he is on there.

lol Damon isn't on five songs on PB and is on all of them here I don't see how anyone can complain t b h

I mentioned that the only song Damon isn't on is Carnival, but the live version of that song features a full two minutes that aren't present on the leak and the song ends very abruptly so maybe the ripper fucked it up and he is on there.

lol Damon isn't on five songs on PB and is on all of them here I don't see how anyone can complain t b h

Because all the songs on PB aren't rap :)

Do you think that will stop people lol
A review that came out today said something along those lines, then made up some revisionist history about how Demon Days barely had features.
Because all the songs on PB aren't rap :)
Neither are they on Humans.
Ffs Demon Days has more rap than Humanz

Do you think that will stop people lol
A review that came out today said something along those lines, then made up some revisionist history about how Demon Days barely had features.

Neither are they on Humans.
Ffs Demon Days has more rap than Humanz

Almost every song on DD is 100% Damon... what?

-Dirty Harry
-Feel Good Inc
-November has come
-Dare
-All alone
-Fire comming out of a monkey's head
-dont get lost in heaven
-Kids with guns
-Every Planet we reach is dead

I'm sorry you what?

Skeptical about classifying those as non-Damon showcases, but yeah, alright. With those two, Last Living Souls, O Green World, El Manana, and Demon Days, I'd say we have a pretty Damon heavy, rap-light album. Also helps that on most of the other songs he is heavily featured, as opposed to sounding like the guest (like in a lot of PB and this album).

hughesta

Banned
Skeptical about classifying those as non-Damon showcases, but yeah, alright. With those two, Last Living Souls, O Green World, El Manana, and Demon Days, I'd say we have a pretty Damon heavy, rap-light album. Also helps that on most of the other songs he is heavily featured, as opposed to sounding like the guest (like in a lot of PB and this album).
Demon Days has 4/15 songs with rap
Plastic Beach has 4/16
Humanz has 5/14

you're exaggerating.

You said Demon Days was 100% Damon. All of those songs have features on them, meaning they're not 100% Damon. And that's the majority of the album.

And 4/15 songs is like what, a quarter of the album. How is that rap light?

In addition to that. There's far more rap on songs like All alone and November has come then there is on any single song on Humanz

I haven't heard the new Gorillaz album but I'm assuming it leaked. I listened to a shitty leak version of the new Animal Collective album and I totally regretted not waiting until the album actually came out to hear it in it's proper quality

Charger...I don't know...the end of it's good but I'm not the biggest fan of it.

Busted and Blue...HAYYYL. Want some quality Damon? Well. Here it is.

Strobelite could be the summer hit. This beat is god tiered.

Momentz is incredible.

2nd listen done. This whole album is great. Not a song I dislike. Charger has grown on me A LOT. Carnival is still a bit eh, not bad but not great. It's good at the least.

daffy

Banned
Sounds good. The real question however is how does it compare to every other popular and anticipated album that released this year

Is this the finished version of carnival?
I feel like it's not but I love the feel of it anyway.
Can't wait to hear the actual album

EDIT: yeah, she's my collar is the joint

rulerk1

It's been a while since i bought a physical album but the artwork for this is so good I can't resist. I need to see what editions they have

Vectorman

Banned
Highly recommend checking out your venue of choice's social media accounts. I know yesterday the Forum has a different presale code now: FABULOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom