• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Sethos

Banned
Crysis 1 + Escape Paradise mod + Mods.

Enjoying the scenery, escaping from the Koreans.

Wish I knew what the damn graphical anomaly is at the bottom, like a pixel or two thick line that I have when playing.

ibf6HxnzRu14My.png

i1vZwmiv3ZZOV.png

Raptomex

Do you get your Crysis mods from a certain site or just Google like I do? I've been looking for some really good Crysis levels/mods.

Run-M-Run

ib0yIq6N4lLgV3.png

iJ0oYacHosrS.png

No noise^

Hoo-boy does that look awesome.

Even after upgrading to 670, I'm still not able to run the game with soft shadows. The fps goes so damn low.

If you're going to keep posting emulated PS2 shots at least use the proper aspect ratio. The game is 4:3 and looks awful when stretched to 16:9.

This looks better, don't you think?

b7d071d26f1efa918dd3c2f5d1c7f83cf852ad0a.jpg

Stretched look doesn't bother me, the pics still look good. And no, since that picture is small as shit, I can't say it looks better.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What kind of FPS are you getting with those mods?
On a 580 I played all the way through the game and was able to hit 60 fps without exception. Soft shadows were really the one thing that still killed performance. I tweaked everything else and managed to see amazing results. Very impressive mod.

Did the same with Quake 4.

Stretched look doesn't bother me, the pics still look good. And no, since that picture is small as shit, I can't say it looks better.
Uhh, it's only small to show a different aspect ratio.

If you like stretched 4:3, more power to you, but it's hideous to my eyes.

If you're going to keep posting emulated PS2 shots at least use the proper aspect ratio. The game is 4:3 and looks awful when stretched to 16:9.

This looks better, don't you think?

b7d071d26f1efa918dd3c2f5d1c7f83cf852ad0a.jpg

His pics actually *should* be in 16:9 but they are stretched horizontally. The picture you linked isn't 4:3, but 16:10 which definitely looks better than the pictures he's linking, but still a little off. I'd link a 16:9 version but I'm at work at the moment. You can see for yourself by resizing any of his pictures to 1280x960 for 4:3 or 1280x720 for 16:9.

My guess is that in-game everything for him shows up at the proper aspect ratio, but his screenshots are what PCSX2 is actually rendering at internally (I think it does this if you use the program's built in screenshot function rather than FRAPS or something).

Still, it's odd that he wouldn't notice the difference in the screenshots he's posted.

Run-M-Run

What kind of FPS are you getting with those mods?

At the very most intensive levels (Hell and more open outside ares) it seems to go down to 26ish at the biggest scenes. Otherwise it's above 30. Maybe 30-50fps. Running GTX670 and 965BE 3.6ghz. Of course this is with the 2xSupersampling and 16CSAA, so bear that in mind.

Perfect for the 30fps cinematic experience :p

His pics actually *should* be in 16:9 but they are stretched horizontally. The picture you linked isn't 4:3, but 16:10 which definitely looks better than the pictures he's linking, but still a little off. I'd link a 16:9 version but I'm at work at the moment. You can see for yourself by resizing any of his pictures to 1280x960 for 4:3 or 1280x720 for 16:9.

My guess is that in-game everything for him shows up at the proper aspect ratio, but his screenshots are what PCSX2 is actually rendering at internally (I think it does this if you use the program's built in screenshot function rather than FRAPS or something).

Still, it's odd that he wouldn't notice the difference in the screenshots he's posted.

It's okay. I'm using the widescreen mod now. "Correct" pictures will be posted at some point. :)

hlhbk

On a 580 I played all the way through the game and was able to hit 60 fps without exception. Soft shadows were really the one thing that still killed performance. I tweaked everything else and managed to see amazing results. Very impressive mod.

Did the same with Quake 4.

Uhh, it's only small to show a different aspect ratio.

If you like stretched 4:3, more power to you, but it's hideous to my eyes.

I have a GTX 570, can you post your settings please?

Miker

Does anybody here use RadeonPro to force vsync/triple buffering? I've been trying to use it instead of D3Doverrider because I want to use RadeonPro for AA and stuff as well, but RadeonPro just refuses to vsync some games. Hell, some games like Payday won't even launch with RadeonPro running, although it's fine with D3Doverrider.

Gvaz

Banned
Need to force some AA on those hitman shots, damn

edit: no the reason that runs so good is the building is a series of sprites. Damn that's cheap.

Top Bottom