• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Respect |OT| Press DJ For MAX Respect

EDIT: never mind, I'm a dummy.

Related I'm having a bit of trouble finding the right sync settings. Not sure how + or - actually affect things.

Dantero

Any idea how long the game data install takes? I've got the game downloaded and installed (at least I thought I did). Playing the game, but some background MVs don't play and MVs I've unlocked won't play, too, because I guess they're still being installed? Wha?

The game starts before all data has been downloaded. I think it starts to be playable at 13 out of 27gb.

I'm in love! This is my first DJMax game and I'm really diggin the aesthetics of the menus and awesome tracks. I played an hour with the 4 button layout and tried out the 6 button option before stopping and it feels like a different game lol! Also, went ahead and bought the digital version from HK psn and actually double dipped on the physical to give to my bro.

wapplew

I'm in love! This is my first DJMax game and I'm really diggin the aesthetics of the menus and awesome tracks. I played an hour with the 4 button layout and tried out the 6 button option before stopping and it feels like a different game lol! Also, went ahead and bought the digital version from HK psn and actually double dipped on the physical to give to my bro.

Everybody want Djmax time, the funky groovy time...

xzeldax3

I'm so glad that DJMAX will be getting new fans! Respect definitely lived up to my blown out of proportion hype train.

If I purchase this game digitally with a Hong Kong account, set my console as it's primary and use my US account to play the game, will I be able to use the same save file if I buy the NA version of the game digitally (assuming it gets released)?
This varies on a case by case basis but usually the answer is no.

When it comes to Mission Mode, I like doing all missions before moving on to the next set...but man, in the 3rd club there's one mission called Virtual Reality that's kicking my ass. Reminds me so much of Trick Oni from DDR Extreme.

4 songs using 6B, adding the Chaos W mod. This mod makes the notes expand then contract. The songs they chose aren't straightforward either. Not only that but they also throw the Break 15 mod at you. 15 misses and game over.

I'm not even mad about it. I'm more excited for the challenge.

Just a little warning for people who are either new to the series or new to mods. Have fun ;)

Edit: There seems to be a bug where (at least in this mission) if you pause the game then unpause, it'll make the notes faster depending on what your speed was beforehand.

So let's say you always use 2.5x to spread the notes farther apart to make things easier to read. It'll always stay this speed unless you change.

For this particular mission, the speed is 1x and you can't change it. If you were to pause the game, it would show your custom speed (2.5x) and when you unpause it, it'll rewind the notes but now that 2.5x speed is applied.

So you have 2.5x speed AND the Chaos W mod which makes things much harder.

Umbooki

Did a quick run through in Arcade mode (SIN, Fear, Blythe) and I remembered that Clazziquai has the best version of Blythe. Blythe is an amazing song regardless of the notechart, but that version of the song would've been the cherry on top.

I'm waiting patiently for the Clazziquai and Black Square DLC. Melody >>>

Valkyria

Banned
I don't know what to do. Wait until is released in Europe and play Dj Max technica Tune and Superbeat Xonic on Vita, or jump the shark.

It seems like is sold out, so maybe digital is the best option. Any good place to buy HKD PSN cardas besides Playasia? The charge more than 3 extra euros per 200 HKD card.

I don't know what to do. Wait until is released in Europe and play Dj Max technica Tune and Superbeat Xonic on Vita, or jump the shark.

It seems like is sold out, so maybe digital is the best option. Any good place to buy HKD PSN cardas besides Playasia? The charge more than 3 extra euros per 200 HKD card.
You could try seagm.com. Haven't tried personally but friends vouch for them.

They also sell Singaporean PSN credit, which is great for me since I'm weird and made a Singaporean account instead of an HK account way back.

They also sell Singaporean PSN credit, which is great for me since I'm weird and made a Singaporean account instead of an HK account way back.

I can vouch for seagm.com. Bought a 500HK card from them Thursday night and received my code in seconds. At first, I had an issue where I had to verify my phone number first before they would charge me. So I hit up their chat to ask questions but after that, no problem.

I checked their site again and they seem to be sold out of 500HK digital codes. The game is 398HK, right? If it's still available, you could buy 2x 200HK, if it's in stock.

Play Asia cancelled my order but that's probably due to "fraud activity" precautions. Many people have been successful so you have some choices on where to go.

megalowho

5B mode is my least favorite. The shared middle button messes with my head, haha.
I always liked it for that, having to read the best thumb placement on the fly based on the chart. Maybe it's just ingrained after years of piano exercises, lol.

Was almost 4am until I finally pulled away last night. Game is everything I wanted for the series. The unlock system is so much better than it's been in the past and the stat tracking is above and beyond. Was hoping to peck away at the backlog this weekend but all I really want to do is play DJMAX until my thumbs fall off.

kiri

I cancelled my order a few weeks back as I couldn't justify the amount (inc. shipping from play-asia) but good god, I'm dying to play it now.

Any other places shipping to the UK cheaper than PA?

Jiraiza

The worst part about playing with more buttons is it really hits you hard because it makes you realize your hand coordination is absolute balls. For me, anyway.

Glas

The waiting game begins
YurTWAV.jpg

3 hours left

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Getting some serious Jamiroquai vibes from the song 2Nite. Super good!

Slowly grinding my way up...Only level 9. I need to tackle more mission mode, but it's SO slow at first, ha.

wapplew

Getting some serious Jamiroquai vibes from the song 2Nite. Super good!

Slowly grinding my way up...Only level 9. I need to tackle more mission mode, but it's SO slow at first, ha.

I really like 2nite, groovy good vibe, fun to play too.
Love all respect song so far, lots of cute kpop anime song, U.A.D mv is super good, best in series.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I really like 2nite, groovy good vibe, fun to play too.
Love all respect song so far.

Yeah, the Respect stuff is really great. I mean, there are VERY few DJ Max songs I don't like, so there's that...

E: Also, trying to increase your read speed is insanely frustrating. I take my comfort level and bump it up by 0.50 and it's annoying...But necessary!

E2: Holy shit Open Fire is hooooooot.

tba

Great game. Never thought that there'll be another DJMAX and yet here it is.
Received shipping notification from from Play-asia but just could not wait until the game gets to Russia and double-dipped for the digital version.
No regrets. Everything I wanted
except for portability, but that is a minor concern
in one package. Probably better than Trilogy.
Ready to buy all Clazziquai, Technika and Black Square DLCs.

MattAces

Played for 3 hours straight, only 6t.
Unlocked Don't Die!
Too bad it's not on my profile but my play stat is like 50% A and 10% S.

Glas

I can confirm physical copies of ASIA version of DJMAX Respect include nothing in box, no manual, no code, no reversible cover
coEKpCa.jpg

So who's going to scan his LE cover?

MattAces

I can confirm physical copies of ASIA version of DJMAX Respect include nothing in box, no manual, no code, no reversible cover

So who's going to scan his LE cover?

And no disc too apparently.
Is that your copy? How did you manage to get the theme and physical copy.

megalowho

U.A.D is still the highlight of the new tracks for me but Bullet Wanted! is gaining ground, such a fun one to play.

Finding a lot to like the more time I spend with the originals. Open Fire and Killer Bee are hype, 2Nite and The Feelings are jams and Lift You Up has a loose gospel feel that works really well. Beautiful Day also made its way into my top 3, too damn catchy.

Valkyria

Banned

I can vouch for seagm.com. Bought a 500HK card from them Thursday night and received my code in seconds. At first, I had an issue where I had to verify my phone number first before they would charge me. So I hit up their chat to ask questions but after that, no problem.

I checked their site again and they seem to be sold out of 500HK digital codes. The game is 398HK, right? If it's still available, you could buy 2x 200HK, if it's in stock.

Play Asia cancelled my order but that's probably due to "fraud activity" precautions. Many people have been successful so you have some choices on where to go.

Thanks. I saw seagm cheaper than play Asia. Maybe I'll just go digital. My only caveat is the future DLC. I would rather have all the dlc in my main account.

So I'm genuinely considering getting a PS4 so I can play this game. The PSP games are among my favourite ever and the allure of playing new stuff from NieN and Bexter et al is quite strong so...a couple of questions first.

- For the old songs (Portable 1 through Portable 3) are the charts mapped exactly the same as before, with the same NM, HD and MX charts I've played in the past?

- What button modes does this game have? All past modes, everything from 2B to 8B/6BFX depending on song choice presumably?

- Are there any Trilogy exclusive songs in this game?

Bring on Out Law MX and Sin The Last Scene HD again! 11 years later, I wonder if I still got the 96%+ rate skills.

Dantero

So I'm genuinely considering getting a PS4 so I can play this game. The PSP games are among my favourite ever and the allure of playing new stuff from NieN and Beer et Al is quite strong so...a couple of questions first.

- For the old songs (Portable 1 through Portable 3) are the charts mapped exactly the same as before, with the same NM, HD and MX charts I've played in the past?

- What button modes does this game have? All past modes, everything from 2B to 8B/6BFX depending on song choice presumably?

Bring on Out Law MX and Sin The Last Scene HD again! 11 years later, I wonder if I still got the 96%+ rate skills.

As far as I can tell there's only songs from portable 1 and 2 plus an additional 40 completely new songs. Charts are the old ones, except for now using both analog sticks in the very few songs that had stick notes.
Portable 3, technika, clazziquai and black square will come in dlc packs.
modes are 4b,5b,6b,8b

Deft Beck

U.A.D is still the highlight of the new tracks for me but Bullet Wanted! is gaining ground, such a fun one to play.

Finding a lot to like the more time I spend with the originals. Open Fire and Killer Bee are hype, 2Nite and The Feelings are jams and Lift You Up has a loose gospel feel that works really well. Beautiful Day also made its way into my top 3, too damn catchy.

What does U.A.D. stand for?

this game is awesome! this is my first exposure to button based DJMax (got into the series at the arcade via Technika, and played the crap out of Technika Tune)... the feeling you get when you're on a roll is amazing.

Will buy the Technika DLC when it releases, so many good songs on there.

Roubjon

So I'm genuinely considering getting a PS4 so I can play this game. The PSP games are among my favourite ever and the allure of playing new stuff from NieN and Bexter et al is quite strong so...a couple of questions first.

Most of the charts are incredibly similar or exactly the same, but some of the hardest charts from Portable 1 and 2 have been nerfed a bit and are easier. They are still fun and difficult, but not the same. But the silver lining here is that there are also a bunch of songs that have gotten new MX charts which are really fun, so overall it's an amazing package. Having more new stuff to me is better than having old stuff. I can always play my PSP version if I really wanted to play a specific chart again.

neshcom

Banned
Most of the charts are incredibly similar or exactly the same, but some of the hardest charts from Portable 1 and 2 have been nerfed a bit and are easier. They are still fun and difficult, but not the same. But the silver lining here is that there are also a bunch of songs that have gotten new MX charts which are really fun, so overall it's an amazing package. Having more new stuff to me is better than having old stuff. I can always play my PSP version if I really wanted to play a specific chart again.
Okay, I wasn't just imagining the charts were a little different. I didn't remember A Lie having MX on 6B and knew HD was way tougher.

cj_iwakura

Okay, I wasn't just imagining the charts were a little different. I didn't remember A Lie having MX on 6B and knew HD was way tougher.
Sounds good to me, especially in regards to Portable 1. A lot of the tough charts are just ridiculous walls of notes.

The jump between levels was a lot like IIDX.

Leaderboards are iffy at the moment. At least for individual songs. One of you guys had that issue earlier, right?

I unlocked Hamsin a few moments ago and you can't see any leaderboards for it.

Looking through the rankings, it seems level 99 isn't the max level....

For the combo trophy, you can press the PS button and quit the game if you mess up. Come back and your combo is still there. With no items to help us out, this will be a lifesaver.

Roubjon

Leaderboards are iffy at the moment. At least for individual songs. One of you guys had that issue earlier, right?

I unlocked Hamsin a few moments ago and you can't see any leaderboards for it.

Looking through the rankings, it seems level 99 isn't the max level....

For the combo trophy, you can press the PS button and quit the game if you mess up. Come back and your combo is still there. With no items to help us out, this will be a lifesaver.

Yeah, my highscores for individual songs are never getting saved, but my Total Arcade Scores are. Also, good to know about the combo thing.

Top Bottom