• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Respect |OT| Press DJ For MAX Respect

cj_iwakura

Just noticed NB RANGER - Virgin Force (which is a great song) has 2 different movies playing in the background...depending on difficulty? One is the live action video and the other is the comic strip one.

I thought it was based on difficulty but after I checked a few more times, the comic strip video doesn't show up lol. That's the one I saw on the above stream a few moments ago, on Hard. I don't know what triggers it but yea, 2 movies can play during that song. Not sure if others have that.

On the 5th set of missions now..and unlocked 3 for the 6th. The 5th set has 3 missions with 8B. Not only that, but one of the 8B missions has the mod "Blink" which makes the notes appear then disappear then reappear throughout the song. Yeaaaaaa, that's going to take a while.

The stream I was just watching had the comic version.

Oblivion -Rockin Night Style- also got a new video, and it's beautiful. (More of a visual remix, but I'm not complaining.)

I’d be all over this but I’m worried about dlc, don’t wanna go through the hassle of getting foreign psn cards. If the localized version isn’t announced eventually I’ll import.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The trophies mentioned something of "hidden" BGMs, maybe that was it? Maybe there's BGMs specifically for missions?

Also, remind me, was it confirmed that the US/EU version would be digital only? I don't know how I'd feel about spending $60 for a digital-only game, even if it's a part of a franchise I enjoy.

megalowho

The hidden BGM trophy popped for me when I got the comic NB RANGER, pretty sure it's random and there's others in there as well.

The trophies mentioned something of "hidden" BGMs, maybe that was it? Maybe there's BGMs specifically for missions?

Also, remind me, was it confirmed that the US/EU version would be digital only? I don't know how I'd feel about spending $60 for a digital-only game, even if it's a part of a franchise I enjoy.

Nothing about a NA/EU release is confirmed. Just musing that digital only would be the only way it could possibly happen.

So I thought maybe it would be fun to play this with my Hatsune Miku controller, since the button layout is perfect. Yeeeeeeah no! I am waaaaay better with the dualshock.

AngryJealousCanvasback-size_restricted.gif

Lol love this part.

Edit: If you're playing a song, and you miss a note then choose to go back to the song selection, it will reset your combo. Just happened to me. Going to build another combo then try again.

Try restarting after the combo break, then going to song select before the first note?

So if you want easy trophy completion for this game you have to do the 999999 combo achievement without the patch? How time consuming is it?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why would you even consider doing 200 songs in a row without actually playing the game the way it's supposed to work? Your accuracy would be absolute ass after that...

Because petite just want easy trophies. Obviously they'll get back to the game proper afterwards.

Dantero

Because petite just want easy trophies. Obviously they'll get back to the game proper afterwards.

You'd still have to play a few hundred songs, though. Not really all that easy without completely destroying your ability to play the game normally.

I'm currently chipping away at the combo achievement. At 10k right now.

The best song, so far, I've found for combo is Only For You 4B MX. It's one of the easier MX songs. You get about 4k if you full combo it, while activating Fever throughout the song.

So I'll play a few rounds of that then just continue playing random songs on 4B/5B.

spadge

The stream I was just watching had the comic version.

Oblivion -Rockin Night Style- also got a new video, and it's beautiful. (More of a visual remix, but I'm not complaining.)

While watching a stream a few days ago I noticed that End Of The Moonlight's video seemed re-worked, I'm guessing it got the same treatment.

Roubjon

I'm guessing the updated videos are from Technika, right? Never Say has an awesome new one as well.

Also, maybe I''ll start working on the combo trophy as well. I"ll just play Arcade mode if I want to play MX charts and risk breaking.

I’d be all over this but I’m worried about dlc, don’t wanna go through the hassle of getting foreign psn cards. If the localized version isn’t announced eventually I’ll import.

i think the only thing blocking them right now are 2 things:

1.- demand of the game in America
2.- the process of licensing every song

It's not impossible, but think they might be aware of the demand, just consider this risky at the moment

MattAces

i think the only thing blocking them right now are 2 things:

1.- demand of the game in America
2.- the process of licensing every song

It's not impossible, but think they might be aware of the demand, just consider this risky at the moment

It's a stupid situation. They worried about the demand in US/EU is justifiable, but then it's one of those, they never test the market, they just assumed people didn't want it. Then eventually they changed their mind and release it maybe a year later, when everybody already imported or bought digital copy from Asia store, and nobody will buy the US/EU version.

neshcom

Banned
Even if they port the game over to the US, the best chances of the DLC being released on-time/fully is with these launch market versions.

Alternative cover? Is the original Korean one! And yes, I always missed Portable 2 in my collection :_D (played it a lot though, fortunately Hot Tunes has a lot of its songs)

You just need DJMAX Portable International Edition and your collection is complete :D

Just had some great games against someone online. We played about 22 games. He came out winning in the end 13 - 9 but before that, we were tied 9 - 9. Kept trading blows.

There was no Fever so it was straight skill. We played 4B, various difficulties. At first we were just testing the waters then eventually we started picking our strong songs, lol.

It felt like I was playing against myself. The skill was very equal.

Here's a video I recorded of our closest match. I'm Player 2. Never Say 4B Hard.

https://youtu.be/T8i8O-x7iWY

Had such a great time. I do wish there were more comments you can say with R3. Like "good game" or "I have to leave now."

Roubjon

Just had some great games against someone online. We played about 22 games. He came out winning in the end 13 - 9 but before that, we were tied 9 - 9. Kept trading blows.

There was no Fever so it was straight skill. We played 4B, various difficulties. At first we were just testing the waters then eventually we started picking our strong songs, lol.

It felt like I was playing against myself. The skill was very equal.

Here's a video I recorded of our closest match. I'm Player 2. Never Say 4B Hard.

https://youtu.be/T8i8O-x7iWY

Had such a great time. I do wish there were more comments you can say with R3. Like "good game" or "I have to leave now."

That's awesome. I've yet to run into anyone who was at my exact skill level, which makes sense considering how high skill ceilings are in rhythm games.

SHarris78

Man this game is destroying me - on normal difficulty in four button mode! After years of playing Miku games (badly) I can't get my fingers to do what my brain is trying to tell them!

Question about accounts / regions - are you guys playing on your main accounts? I started playing using my HK account to earn trophies, but can you earn them using your main (in my case EU) account?

Dantero

Man this game is destroying me - on normal difficulty in four button mode! After years of playing Miku games (badly) I can't get my fingers to do what my brain is trying to tell them!

Question about accounts / regions - are you guys playing on your main accounts? I started playing using my HK account to earn trophies, but can you earn them using your main (in my case EU) account?

As long as you set the ps4 you're on as primary for your hk account you can use your main account to play the game. Also the dlc you've bought in the hk store.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm having flashbacks to playing Trilogy online - getting absolutely destroyed by Korean players with the best gear, note and character choices.

What was worse was getting absolutely destroyed by someone with the default set.

Wow, this game is super tough. I'm familiar with portable 3, Technika tune an supersonic and none of them were as hard as this.

TBH it's a bit intimidating. You always hit a brick wall at first and stick to the baby songs but respect is not fucking around even at 4 stars, 4 track

Dantero

Wow, this game is super tough. I'm familiar with portable 3, Technika tune an supersonic and none of them were as hard as this.

TBH it's a bit intimidating. You always hit a brick wall at first and stick to the baby songs but respect is not fucking around even at 4 stars, 4 track

What I did in past games to get better was to play songs I barely couldn't finish and played them over and over until I could without mashing. Does mean your fingers start hurting but it's pretty satisfying.

Linkr2

Neo Member
Personally I feel it easier than other past DJMax games! There are some charts that were very dificult to me and now they feel better. Or maybe I'm adapting very fast haha :)

The dualshock 4 is so much better in grip terms but worst in button distance than PSP. But as I said I'm surprised because I'm adapting faster than I thought it will be. At the beginning the worst part was the d-pad :_D Very tough/stiff. I'm still learning how to deal with it haha.

Doing majority of songs in 6Button Hard mode (not brave enough to try Maximum difficulty at the moment haha).

I'm enjoying this game so much. How many feels and memorys! It is flawless.

Damn, I'm still waiting for my shipment to arrive.

Are there items in the game that allow auto correction as in previous titles? And if yes, how does it coexist with leaderboards? I really hope that's not a thing in this game.

Dantero

Damn, I'm still waiting for my shipment to arrive.

Are there items in the game that allow auto correction as in previous titles? And if yes, how does it coexist with leaderboards? I really hope that's not a thing in this game.

Nothing. It's pretty pure, gameplay only, no characters and such.

Roubjon

Nothing. It's pretty pure, gameplay only, no characters and such.

Yeah this game is the first time since Portable 1 where it doesn't do anything for you. The only help you can choose to get is Auto Fever, but even then I feel like it activates Fever slower than I manually can.

This makes getting a 999,999 combo really difficult though since there are no free Break Modifiers.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
It's all purely cosmetic then? No fever/judgement boosts or anything associated with gear, notes or characters?

Cool.

Roubjon

It's all purely cosmetic then? No fever/judgement boosts or anything associated with gear, notes or characters?

Cool.

Nope, none of that. It's pretty awesome. Also, you can't change difficulty modes in Options to make accuracy easier or anything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait did they seriously replace the best MV (NB Rangers Virgin force) with some bullshit drawn replacement?

Whhhhaaaaaa.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That's like Playing DDR with a PS2 controller. Granted, the person still needs to be really skilled at reading difficult charts.

It's using your fingers with a dualshock vs a laid out controller. Not really the same thing in this case....

Top Bottom