• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.05 finally fixes the clock. Still no rumble.

edit- Buy Unit 13 or Hot Shots Golf.

What was wrong with the clock? I thought all it did was break Uno. Not sure if I want to stop playing Tekken Dark Resurrection yet.

Why can't they just put it on the PSN store?! It's miles better than Tekken 6 which is on the store.

Sonic Racing is pretty damn fun but man I must suck at it really bad. I have the hardest time with most of these events on medium difficulty.

You should check out this guy's vids coasting through expert difficulty. It all comes down to tricking wherever possible and getting out in front early. Some courses though, i've found the AI is just much better at for whatever reason. The Afterburner course in particular is a total bastard, i think because it's shorter and with much fewer opportunities to drift boost than other courses.

anddo0

Almost top of page: Buy Sly 4 in less than two weeks!!!

The demo was quite impressive. I have the PS3 version pre-ordered from Amazon. I plan to give my nephew (who I've turned into Jak and Daxter, Ratchet & Clank and Sly fan) the PS3 version. Keeping the Vita version for myself. It's a really good game. I hope it holds up well on Vita.

Kyon

Banned
The first 3D Sonic adventure game apparently going to revealed soon for Vita :eek: also yes it's on every other platform lol

Chesskid1

Banned
was gonna update my vita to latest version but it was going hella slow (like 30 min remaining) so i just cancelled it for i could go back to playing p4g

and the update appeared on my notifications downloading in the background.

had no idea!! nice <3

Kyon

Banned
So SEGA likes the Vita?

Of course! They made Miku, Sonic Racing, JSR, Super Monkey Ball and Phantasy Star Online 2 right? :D

Wow now that I think about it.. They DO love the vita lol. I forsee all multiplatform releases to finally include a Vita version along with the 3DS ones. That's how all 3rd parties should be smh. Most of the time it's all platforms except the Vita

Takao

Banned
The first 3D Sonic adventure game apparently going to revealed soon for Vita :eek: also yes it's on every other platform lol

I wonder what sold worse, Monkey Ball Vita or Street Fighter X Tekken.

Trick question, it was obviously Monkey Ball Vita, but SEGA carries on while Capcom tells lies.

Capcom have treated Vita like shit. ResiRev, was fantastic and would have fit well on Vita. If fricking Tecmo and Sega can establish a presence on Vita, then why not, Capcom? So much for their Lost Planet 2 Vita/MT engine Demo....

I hate them right now, and ive always been a big Capcom fan.

everyone - support Tecmo and Sega Vita games, please.

Capcom have treated Vita like shit. ResiRev, was fantastic and would have fit well on Vita. If fricking Tecmo and Sega can establish a presence on Vita, then why not, Capcom? So much for their Lost Planet 2 Vita/MT engine Demo....

I hate them right now, and ive always been a big Capcom fan.

everyone - support Tecmo and Sega Vita games, please.

They won't put games on the Vita because they won't make that much money off of it

Capcom and EA earned a lot of respect from me right around the same time a few years ago (Dead Space / Mirror's Edge and RE5 / SFIV time) and both lost it very, very fast.

jwk94

was gonna update my vita to latest version but it was going hella slow (like 30 min remaining) so i just cancelled it for i could go back to playing p4g

and the update appeared on my notifications downloading in the background.

had no idea!! nice <3

Hmm, is there a way to downgrade your firmware? I want to try this out.

jwk94

Good news: US has been added to the regions list for the SEN Web Store!

Bad News: It says "The Sony Entertainment Network Store is not available" when you try to proceed.

crinale

TBH Capcom won't announce anything to Vita until they release MH4, even if they have something ready to be revealed.
Of course it's not like they actually have something to reveal, though.

VanWinkle

VanWinkle, any further thoughts on escapeVektor? Lest I bore and annoy the pants off the rest of Vitabro HQ, thought it best to get it from the man in the know.

It's really good. Sort of an interesting take on a pac-man game. Very fun. I'd recommend it!

I thought you meant the first 3D Sonic Adventure game was coming to Vita (the Dreamcast game). Glad to hear on the main gaming forum that it's actually a new sonic title.

Of course! They made Miku, Sonic Racing, JSR, Super Monkey Ball and Phantasy Star Online 2 right? :D

Don't forget Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour!
I actually have my wife diligently translating an article 4gamer posted almost a year ago, where the developers talk about creating the game (60fps, shadows etc). It's quite long so she's not done yet, but they mention they had a relatively long development period for a launch title so Sega must have been on board pretty early. What's funny is they say they ported the PS3 game in 5 months (take that Black Ops Declassified developers!)... only to have it run in single digit frame rate and crash from memory issues the second you tried to move!
They say it took a few more months to optimize to 60. It's a very interesting read so i hope to post it up soon!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Wow now that I think about it.. They DO love the vita lol. I forsee all multiplatform releases to finally include a Vita version along with the 3DS ones. That's how all 3rd parties should be smh. Most of the time it's all platforms except the Vita
Wow, you're right, they're on a bit of a roll!

Wonder if they'll ever make any iteration of Shenmue available for it. I'd love to re-live those memories on Vita, even if they're not in HD.

where is my Valkyria Chronicles Vita
This would also be insta-buy.

Speaking of Valkyria, I was happily playing on PSP and would love to continue on Vita. I know there's a catalogue of games you can get digital discounts for if you have the original UMD in Japan, but is there a similar service for UMDs from other regions?
Worst case scenario I could re-buy from PSN, but either way, how do you go about transfering saves?

VanWinkle

Another nice thing about SEGA thus far, unlike the LEGO games, is that the multiplatforms titles are based on the console games, not the 3DS version. (Shown by VT4 being the same as the console games, Sonic Racing being based on the console version while 3DS is it's own thing, and now the new Sonic game, which is based on the console version, while the 3DS version is smaller and different).

Nabbed escapeVektor and Uncharted: Fight for Fortune. Looking forward to Sly next week...

For all the woe proffered, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better library at your fingertips than what can be wielded with a Vita. Sure, a touch glacial and it needs a bit of developer accelerant, but it's my console experience to balance out the PC.

Cha

Rumour:
Stranger's Wrath HD will be getting a PS+ 25% discount soon.

Cool. I thought Stranger&#8217;s Wrath was already well priced (so I'm a bit sceptical about this rumour). But if it does get a discount, I might bite, even though I don&#8217;t have much interest in the game.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Already? They can afford to discount it? But Capcom said you cant make money on the Vita.

They actually wanted it to be discounted at launch, but Sony already had their PS+ schedule locked in.

I snagged a code from their Twitter after they mentioned in the OT that they'd be giving away some. Totally worth staying up until 4:00 in the morning for. Game is excellent.

SiDCrAzY

You should check out this guy's vids coasting through expert difficulty. It all comes down to tricking wherever possible and getting out in front early. Some courses though, i've found the AI is just much better at for whatever reason. The Afterburner course in particular is a total bastard, i think because it's shorter and with much fewer opportunities to drift boost than other courses.

Damn that guys good.

I never do tricks, I have to start practicing my tricks I guess. I've beat all the tracks on medium difficulty, but on hard it just seems impossible.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Dat feel when Book of Shadows is in the EU store right now but I don't have the means to buy it right now ;-;.

Downloaded the Pinball Arcade thingy. It is pretty addicting, it reminds me when I was nuts over the space pinball game that came with Windows 95(?). Fun game to have on the go. I would prefer a full retail Vita game some day like Wipeout, Unit, Disagea or whatever but at least this isn't nearly as offensive as Chronovolt. The pinball tables are actually all modeled after classic real ones.

Time to give my Vita a lil rest for a while tho. I have gamed on it almost exclusively for a month now. I did complete my Killzone 2 elite single player trophies run and now its time to start DmC! After I am done with that I suspect I'll get BoS and finally start Uncharted GA for realz.

I'd like Tate mode support, surprised that isn't there. Also it isn't clear which are tables you can play, and which you need to buy.

I'd like Tate mode support, surprised that isn't there. Also it isn't clear which are tables you can play, and which you need to buy.

The 4 in the vase game you can play. The others you buy.

So you get free;
Arabian nights
Black hole
Theatre of magic
And ripleys

Cool. I thought Stranger’s Wrath was already well priced (so I'm a bit sceptical about this rumour). But if it does get a discount, I might bite, even though I don’t have much interest in the game.

You don't have to be sceptical - CEO of company who has account on GAF promised it will happen.

I finally got around to trying Samurai Beatdown. It's fun, but I feel like the kills don't synch up to the rhythm as well as they should for a rhythm game. Anyone else feel this way?

Good news for a change:

One source has shared what they allege to be details about the new game. The game’s title doesn’t appear to be finalized yet, but its platforms are. It will be released on Wii U, PS3, 360, 3DS, PS Vita, PC, and “Next gen” consoles. This source says anything involving these new consoles is strictly confidential to people at the top of the company, so they unfortunately don’t have any information to share about those versions. As for the other versions, the source states the console, PC and PS Vita versions will be identical aside from the graphical differences, while the 3DS version will be another Sonic Rush styled game

Sonic game on oled should look really amazing.

Sid

Such great tech going to waste with such poor support,Sony should treat it's portables like it's home consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom