• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 confirmed; Mikami still directing

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

So how awesome is the first game? I played like the opening ten minutes at my friend's house and figured it was the same thing as Outlast.

2916096425f7ca75f6c7b197407822f7.gif

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Cool beans.

Mikami is probably just overseeing it though and not directing, yeah?
I mean, there was that interview from a while back vaguely mentioning grooming staff members to become directors for future stuff. Or something like that.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Hope is not too far off and is more polished than the first one. With all its faults, I liked the first one and improving upon it has potential for greatness.

Cool beans.

I mean, there was that interview from a while back vaguely mentioning grooming staff members to become directors for future stuff. Or something like that.

That was the plan.

But maybe it's changed. You know, Kojima's done it like 3 times already with MGS.

Grooming successors is tough work.

takoyaki

Great news! The first one is flawed but I loved it.

Good to know that it will definitely be shown off at the Bethesda event, some were expecting it last year and left disappointed.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Its so weird, mikami wanted to get away from doing horror games, but now he got stuck doing another horror video game in the same vein as resident evil for who knows how long

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Beyond excited. I hope they keep and refine the overall gameplay systems and give us more of that amazing art direction. Can't wait to see what it looks like in action tomorrow.
Cool beans.

He later went on to say that the higher ups at Bethesda weren't really happy about him saying it would be his last role as a director, and also that he doesn't have to do as much work running Tango anymore since Bethesda became their publisher, so directing another game wasn't off the table.

Top Bottom