• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 S models hacked and jtag'd

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Dexa said:
small update:
"hacked kernel" / dashboard has arrived.

if you want to try this - now is the time to start working on it ;)
Those programmers seem to be a bitch to find. I gave up on searching for it

Dorfdad

Gold Member
radjago said:
And yet another example that no one really understands software licensing.

I see on-disc DLC on the same level as a stocked hotel mini bar. It sucks that it cost $5 for that bottled water, but you're not entitled to it for free just because it's in the room you paid for.

BIG difference bud as in your example you didn't buy and own the hotel room you merely rent the room you can't sell or modify the room. You BUY full ownership of a game you can sell it eat it lend it to a friend etc it's yours so the content provided on the disc should be 100 the owners and not require additional money.

After 30 years of gaming it's amazing that the publishers still don't get it. to end piracy or at least reduce it to such a small percentage of the population that they are screaming about is to reduce the cost of the games. 200,000 units at 60.00 vs 800,000 at $20.00 is a 4 million dollar increase in sales.

Now some of you will say where are getting that 800k people would buy it over the current 200k and I would be willing to bet I'm low ok that 800k in just used sales.

If you could walk into GameStop or eBay and buy a brand new copy for 20.00 there is no remorse for games that you might be he's aren't to buy at 60.00. also your supporting the developer instead of GameStop.

Who would buy used missing manuals and scratched up when 20.00 is the price tag???

I know I would be buying shit loads more games at 20.00 and willing to support new different ip's.

Curufinwe

Dorfdad said:
Who would buy used missing manuals and scratched up when 20.00 is the price tag???

Lots of people would buy the used version which costs $17.99 or $16.19 with the 10% discount PUR members get at Gamestop. The idea that used games would go away if new games cost less doesn't make sense. The used games will always be cheaper and most people like to save money wherever they can. If you buy a used game at Gamestop and it turns out to have a scratched disc or be missing the manual you have seven days to return it, so missing manuals and scratched discs are no disincentive for people who want to get used games for cheap.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

Used (pre-owned) merchandise and opened new accessories may be returned for a refund within 7 days of purchase or exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase.

Marco1

Dorfdad said:
BIG difference bud as in your example you didn't buy and own the hotel room you merely rent the room you can't sell or modify the room. You BUY full ownership of a game you can sell it eat it lend it to a friend etc it's yours so the content provided on the disc should be 100 the owners and not require additional money.

After 30 years of gaming it's amazing that the publishers still don't get it. to end piracy or at least reduce it to such a small percentage of the population that they are screaming about is to reduce the cost of the games. 200,000 units at 60.00 vs 800,000 at $20.00 is a 4 million dollar increase in sales.

Now some of you will say where are getting that 800k people would buy it over the current 200k and I would be willing to bet I'm low ok that 800k in just used sales.

If you could walk into GameStop or eBay and buy a brand new copy for 20.00 there is no remorse for games that you might be he's aren't to buy at 60.00. also your supporting the developer instead of GameStop.

I know I would be buying shit loads more games at 20.00 and willing to support new different ip's.

The problem is that games second hand would cost 10 then and how long before people complain that 20 is to much.
I don't complain because I can remember paying 40 for N64 cartdridges and PS1 discs.
I honestly believe pirates would copy a game even if it was released for £5.

Top Bottom