• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:

ModBot said:
Instructions for laserlaser:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

JumpJet Rex -- MB-45F4AC0F4B87BE6C - Taken by ThingontheFloor. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-6B7450C743381FAE - Taken by Village. 2 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-5F396155D27E3D0C - Taken by BlakeofT. 1 entrants total.

t1490061808z1.png

Some keys I found on Humble:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ctw0e, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ Premium Edition -- MB-BC6BC38B779B8136 - Taken by lucebuce12. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-919F8EA6D75D79E2 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 4 entrants total.

t1490072233z1.png

Lomax

Did some digging and found the list of games in previous S-E bundles:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/...nix_holiday_surprise_box_2016_999649/db3hoi9/

2013 Christmas Box (£4.99)

Just Cause 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Tomb Raider
Dungeon Siege III
discount voucher

2014 Christmas Box (£4.99)

Thief - The Master Thief Edition
The Last Remnant
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
Deus Ex – The Fall
Nosgoth Founders - Warlord Pack
discount vouchers

2015 Easter Box (£4.99)

Life is Strange Episode 1
Just Cause collection
Hitman Absolution Elite Edition
Deus Ex GOTY edition

2015 Christmas Box (£4.99)

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Thief
Final Fantasy XIII
Life is Strange Episode 1
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
discount vouchers

Easter 2016 per /u/zayth

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Quantum Conundrum
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
20% coupon for Just Cause 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider

Christmas 2016

LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII
GOETIA
LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER
LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2
HITMAN INTRO PACK
HITMAN GO: DEFINITIVE EDITION
TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD

So based on the pattern of Final Fantasy games, I'd guess this box will have either Final Fantasy VI or FF IX. Can't really think of much else other than Just Cause 3 but it does seem odd it would be in the US bundle if the EU bundle costs more and has fewer games.

FLD

Just finished a 3 and a half hours session of Nier like 15mins ago and I'm already feeling like firing it up again. This fucking game, man. It's so damn good! And I'm still early-ish in Route B, so
other than the intro nothing drastically different from Route A has happened yet.

Zanzura

At least there are people fighting the good fight.

Didn't Durante write a good article on this a few years back?

It's not surprising that people are frustrated with Nier since it doesn't really pass the eye test (though I think it looks really good in certain places) so to them it's a "bad port". It's a pretty barebones port IMO, but it's a game with Nier in its title. There's no way Square Enix gave them the budget to make it run super smoothly on both platforms. Now if the sales are as good as they seem to be, then hopefully there's post-launch support to improve the performance on a greater range of hardware, but it's Sqeenix so.... *shrug*

Just to be clear, I don't have issues with the port, but I can see why some people are upset.

Oneshot has 98% positive reviews out of 1k? What is this game?

The Square box will probably have Life is Strange complete and Lara Croft Go as they've been out a while and not included previously.
Could it have Mankind Divided? Sales for that have been pretty deep already.

Corpekata

Banned

The Square box will probably have Life is Strange complete and Lara Croft Go as they've been out a while and not included previously.

Oneshot's pretty great. It's mostly an adventure game, but it's very meta focused sort of like Pony Island and Undertale.

Teggy

I'm finding so many hidden places in my Nier B run. It's like I wasn't even paying attention during the first play through :/

Granjinha

OneShot is a puzzle-adventure with a really cool meta aspect. Honestly, don't look to much into it so you won't spoil the experience, but the game's pretty awesome.

Anteater

finished route A in Nier Automata, yeah Nier 1 was definitely a stronger game, but I still enjoy Automata, also 9s is adorable, let's see where they go with this in the other routes

Subscribed to Humble Monthly to play The Witness but my 2011 laptop with a GT525m overheats and freezes/crashes in less than 2 minutes.

I guess I'll try playing at less than native resolution? That might help, right? I guess?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
finished route A in Nier Automata, yeah Nier 1 was definitely a stronger game, but I still enjoy Automata, also 9s is adorable, let's see where they go with this in the other routes

bro i haven't even played the game but i know you can't review it after only one ending.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Subscribed to Humble Monthly to play The Witness but my 2011 laptop with a GT525m overheats and freezes/crashes in less than 2 minutes.

I guess I'll try playing at less than native resolution? That might help, right? I guess?

There's an option for dynamic resolution. Also try keeping vsync on to keep a frame limiter so as to not overwork the GPU.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i screwed up in nier

moved forward in the story (
9s got beat up and now i'm alone
) and all the in-progress sidequests are gone

i was kinda wishing there wouldn't be big missables like this but i guess it's understandable

Monooboe

Man, all the NieR hype really has gotten to me! Eventhough a gaming PC wasn't in my plans until I managed to set some things in place, I can't do this anymore, I need to figure something out and start building a PC.:D

Also Hollow Knight, damn I want to play that so much too.

This year seems to be one hell of a year for games.

Anteater

i was kinda wishing there wouldn't be big missables like this but i guess it's understandable

completed sidequests carry over to the next game I think? so I guess you just have to carry on, the transport at the resistance camp is broken for some reason so you have to fast travel to the nearest one

Lanrutcon

"Having to turn things off is indicative or poor optimization though."

fucking gaming side

Eh....having to turn things off to get the game to run as well as another game while looking worse is indicative of potential optimization problems. It's a bit more complex than than the people you're referencing are making it out to be, but if a game's twice as taxing on my hardware than another I expect it to look better. Much better.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-245E12F1797AEEBA - Taken by Purkake4

Pixieking

Banned
Eh....having to turn things off to get the game to run as well as another game while looking worse is indicative of potential optimization problems. It's a bit more complex than than the people you're referencing are making it out to be, but if a game's twice as taxing on my hardware than another I expect it to look better. Much better.

I think that's confusing optimization and engine. Poor optimization would mean it's a specific PC issue, which, considering the PS4 version isn't 1080/60, isn't quite accurate. It's not like the console version is fantastic and the PC version sucks - they both suck, in a way you wouldn't expect either of them to. Generally speaking, the engine can't cope with what's being demanded of it, and PG's experience with PC dev leaves a little to be desired (like, why tie AA and AO together? And why not have hi-res cut-scenes? And what's the deal with the full--screen weirdness?).

Pixieking

Banned
Anyone know when the next GOG sale will likely be? I've got my eye on Icewind Dale 2, but 10 bucks is a bit steep for me right now.

Hektor

Theres nothing permanently missable on the game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any vouchers for GMG going around? because they have Toukiden 2 23% off

edit: hmm checked my email and theres 5% codes but for specific games. Bummer.

It is, and it's not over yet. That's really good and I hope SE is taking fuckin notes.

They might be taking notes now but when Dragon Quest Heroes 2 comes out day and date with PS4 and ends up bombing they'll rip up those notes and set them on fire.

Like I said yesterday, I'm pretty sure the Platinum name and 2B are selling Nier Automata right now. DQH2 has the Dragon Quest name but that's not worth much on PC.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derFeef, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derFeef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
NieR: Automata -- MB-B8ADEEA220989481 - Taken by purseowner. 112 entrants total.

t1490086488z1.png

xist

Edit: wouldn't the EU bundle have VAT added? Would that account for the price difference?

It's probably more in line with the fact that we can refund the purchase if we don't like the surprise whereas you're stuck with the US bundle.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-A5EE5208047615B6 - Taken by Rockin' Ranger. 8 entrants total.

t1490084334z1.png

Durante

So is Nier accurate on Steamspy yet? Cus it's looking good
There's not really such a concept as "accurate yet" with SteamSpy. At any point, the current number is the result of averaging the sampling over the past 3 days -- once you understand that and interpret it correctly it's always "accurate".

This does mean that it takes at least 3 days to just catch up to pre-orders, which it has now, so its trajectory will likely flatten out considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom