• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Weezer album - Pacific Daydream out 10/27

FrsDvl

0TpGMY0.jpg

1. Weezer - Mexican Fender
2. Weezer - Beach Boys
3. Weezer - Feels Like Summer
4. Weezer - Happy Hour
5. Weezer - Weekend Woman
6. Weezer - QB Blitz
7. Weezer - Sweet Mary
8. Weezer - Get Right
9. Weezer - La Mancha Screwjob
10. Weezer - A Friend of Diane's

Pre Orders:
iTunes
Weezer Web Store
Amazon

Updating the rest as info comes in.

Zeshile

I swear, if they release feels like summer again I'm going to throw something.

Always down for a new Weezer album though! Hopefully it's as good as the last few.

DopeToast

Banned
If Weezer is able to put out a third good album in a row I will be super happy.

I don't like "Feels Like Summer" all that much, but I didn't like the lead singles off of the last two albums all that much and they turned out to be good.

Hesh

Really enjoyed Everything Will Be Alright In The End, could not get into The White Album. Here's hoping this one clicks for me, although after just listening to the single for the first time I really did not enjoy that song. Whatever makes them happy, I suppose, but it sounds like they're going for the low-hanging pop fruit so this song gets played in as many commercials as possible like how it seems like every channel plays Fallout Boy music for promotional material now. Hmm, this doesn't sound like the "darker" source material Rivers said the "Black Album" would have.

FrsDvl

Really enjoyed Everything Will Be Alright In The End, could not get into The White Album. Here's hoping this one clicks for me, although after just listening to the single for the first time I really did not enjoy that song. Whatever makes them happy, I suppose, but it sounds like they're going for the low-hanging pop fruit so this song gets played in as many commercials as possible like how it seems like every channel plays Fallout Boy music for promotional material now. Hmm, this doesn't sound like the "darker" source material Rivers said the "Black Album" would have.

The black album was only a dream. It was never going to happen. New single tomorrow should hopefully be better. This album is produced by the same guy that did Ratitude.. although he wanted to do a more blue album style album, the band didn't. Here's hoping he gets to do his Blue album that Ratitude never got to be.

Jakoo

White Album was my personal favorite Weezer album since Pinkerton, but those post-album release singles/EP were dreadful. It's always a wildcard with this band.

SeanC

Last two albums have been really good, The White Album the best thing they've done in years especially. I hope they continue the trend. If they go three for three they've officially redeemed themselves in my eyes.

Zeshile

The black album was only a dream. It was never going to happen. New single tomorrow should hopefully be better. This album is produced by the same guy that did Ratitude.. although he wanted to do a more blue album style album, the band didn't. Here's hoping he gets to do his Blue album that Ratitude never got to be.

Who's producing it? I've looked around but haven't been able to find any details. If it's Dr. Luke, God help us all.

Raw64life

I was pleasantly surprised by the last Weezer album, but my expectations were rock bottom low. I will employ the same strategy with this album.

Hesh

Raditude was a flawed album, but I didn't dislike it as much as Make Believe and Hurley. "I Want You To" is one of my all-time favorite Weezer songs at this point so I can't hate the album as bad as the rest of it is. "Can't Stop Partying" sounds great as an acoustic on one of Rivers' solo albums, it's shame the Weezer version got overproduced. The bonus disc for the Deluxe version is essential listening, too. Hearing a fully fleshed-out version of "The Prettiest Girl in the Whole Wide World" after a decade of listening to a crappy quality bootleg version was revelatory.

Anyways, Weezer will never make anything like The Blue Album or Pinkerton again, I've accepted that long ago. I can still enjoy New Weezer when they're on form, though. Maladroit, The Red Album and EWBAITE are still really good. I just hope this new album and whatever Weezer's corporate attitude is now sync up to make something I can still enjoy.

Been waiting for them to announce this shit since last year. Day 1. Loved the last two and recently picked up an amazingly beautiful Pinkerton vinyl. I'm all aboard this train.

Mad that it's not Black Album though

They've put out two good albums in a row so I'm cautiously optimistic, outside of the single being a bummer. Maybe it'll be like Thank God for Girls, which I ended up kinda liking in the end.

ohkay

To be honest, even the new Weezer that people hail as a return to good Weezer has largely sounded like bad Weezer to me, though that may have more to do with my tastes changing over time than with Weezer itself.
It's not just you. It's better than the other stuff they've put out, but it's nowhere near as good as Blue or Pinkerton as some people suggest

Ristifer

Forget Feels Like Summer (the regular version, at least) and listen to the acoustic version. So much better. Still not a fantastic song, but it's miles ahead of the first released version.

FrsDvl

Song's out (on Apple Music and Spotify).

Sounds like a song that would be on an album with Feels Like Summer.

I like it a lot better than FLS. I'm not going to have an opinion on this album yet, given the first single of EWBAITE was horrible, and Thank God for Girls ended up being part of one of the best albums they've released in years.

NimbusD

Ah damn forgot my headphones today gonna have to wait to hear it. Still very cautious. I thought the poppy nonrock shit was behind us.

Ah damn forgot my headphones today gonna have to wait to hear it. Still very cautious. I thought the poppy nonrock shit was behind us.

Well Mexican Fender is a rock song in that the primary instrumentation is electric guitar/bass/drums but it's definitely overproduced.

FrsDvl

They only recently moved onto this album after working on the black album. The black album is as good as finished, but they decided to go with this first for whatever reason. The album is nowhere near finished yet.

janoDX

They only recently moved onto this album after working on the black album. The black album is as good as finished, but they decided to go with this first for whatever reason. The album is nowhere near finished yet.

Because this new album came out quicker, but they said that The Black Album is coming.

Album artwork is dope, the songs so far not sure.

But I believe in Weezer.

Feels Like Summer isn't too bad, and I could chill to Mexican Fender but they don't stand out to me like Jacked Up or Do You Wanna Get High did off the White Album.

Personally I loved EWBAITE and felt White Album was really good. So far, "Feels Like Summer" has just been meh to me since it came out and that has not changed. Mexican Fender is a bit better and I could listen to it, especially the bridge, but it doesn't stand out that much. It's similar to how I felt about White Album with the roll out of "Thank God for Girls," which grew on me slightly with its really, weird lyrics, but I still can't stand parts of it, but the later released songs like "California Kids" and "LA Girlz" (which I initially felt bad about from title alone, but hearing the track solved my problems with it fast) lead me to think the album would be good and it was for me (Not quite EWBAITE though).

I'm still concerned with them doing an album on a yearly basis because that was a problem with going from 2008-2010 with Red-Raditude-Hurley and I actually like most of Hurley. Now, we've had EWBAITE in 2014 and, then, White Album and Pacific Daydream in 2016 and 2017. Going off their official twitter, the Black Album is still on at some point and this album is releasing because it came together more quickly. I'll still check it out to see how the album turns out like I do with Weezer. Still need to hear through it to get a good opinion on the whole thing. I have reasonable hope this won't be as bad as Raditude was. I'll still hold my expectations in check though.

TissueBox

Personally I loved EWBAITE and felt White Album was really good. So far, "Feels Like Summer" has just been meh to me since it came out and that has not changed. Mexican Fender is a bit better and I could listen to it, especially the bridge, but it doesn't stand out that much. It's similar to how I felt about White Album with the roll out of "Thank God for Girls," which grew on me slightly with its really, weird lyrics, but I still can't stand parts of it, but the later released songs like "California Kids" and "LA Girlz" (which I initially felt bad about from title alone, but hearing the track solved my problems with it fast) lead me to think the album would be good and it was for me (Not quite EWBAITE though).

Yeah, I kinda hope that they'd at least flow together very nicely as a whole come album release... at this point with the singles, you can never really tell.

Though I confess, I kinda like Mexican Fender... they still seem to be focused on belting out decently melodic angst, but it could still really go either way in terms of where it falls on the band's quality thermostat. It has a kind of mid-Weezer bent to it that I hope they don't venture too comfortably into for the whole record.

Yeah, I kinda hope that they'd at least flow together very nicely as a whole come album release... at this point with the singles, you can never really tell.

Though I confess, I kinda like Mexican Fender... they still seem to be focused on belting out decently melodic angst, but it could still really go either way in terms of where it falls on the band's quality thermostat. It has a kind of mid-Weezer bent to it that I hope they don't venture too comfortably into for the whole record.

White Album had a good flow in it going for a summer vibe and having a Beach Boys feel to most of it (that was what Rivers was going for). Thank God for Girls might be the only song that doesn't flow as well with the rest of the album when I hear it. I'm starting to like Mexican Fender a bit more, but I can see the chorus getting a bit more annoying if I listen to it a lot.

It definitely feels more mid-Weezer, but still pretty good-to-okay at worst to me.

Tamanon

Banned
Digging the new track. I actually like Feels Like Summer. Odd timing for this album as it sounds like another summer/beach album. Would've thought it would come out earlier in the year. Looking forward to it though, White Album was amazing, as were the tracks released afterwards. Fake Smiles and Nervous Laughter was my jam.

Top Bottom