• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Halo 5 - I gave you so many chances

After giving Halo 5 nothing but frequent and lengthy chances (and several uninstalls), I think I have to part ways. This game is honestly unhealthy for my mental health lol. The stressful disdain I feel for so many aspects far outweigh the positives (such as gunfeel satisfaction).

The game requires tremendous coordination, dedication, and learned skills. You'd think that's a good thing, but there are just as many (if not more) problems that negate that and frustrate me like no other Halo game has before it.

I have been playing a ton lately and no game I own even comes close to the level of server/network shitnanigans that Halo 5 does. People eating shots, teleporting, ghost melees, crashes, disconnects, power weapons/power ups spawning late, clamber being occasionally flaky, terrible spawn locations, etc.

343's solution to weapon balancing is making everything seemingly useful to the point of being obnoxiously so. The Hydra launcher's homing effectiveness is a particular sore point for me, as it's splash damage has even killed me through cover and it's aggressive chasing is laughably broken (I'll post a video). The autos are ridiculous. The grenade hitmarkers are so broken at high level play it's infuriating. The terrible map design/flow is tiring. Map clutter making navigation and strafing an occasional yet horrible burden. The power up placement sometimes favors certain teams (blue team always gets camo on Eden). The ease of running away from bad positioning and combat choices because of SA's. The OP tactic of hiding and crouching with radar and current weapon balance.

The game has a really high skill ceiling, but I'm frequently rewarded with bullshit design and bad network performance. All Halo's have had a handful of these problems, but the extreme try-hard nature of this game mixed with the plethora of these problems makes it personally insufferable. Some of the issues mentioned are remedied a bit in the HCS playlist, but I shouldn't have to play other playlists with a clearly inferior experience. I don't always want to play HCS.

Gonna have to pull the plug on the game. Halo 5, I tried to love you, but you made it too difficult to commit. It sucks, cuz I've gotten quite good at it and pretty knowledgeable of how to play it. I even started to not mind some of the SA's on occasion. I feel like I've been incredibly fair and patient with it.

I'll come back for the classic Halo 3 playlist, but I already know it's going to be plagued with some of the same core issues (grenade hitmarkers on The Pit anyone?). Hope the playlist lands before Destiny 2 and COD WW2, otherwise I won't give it space on my hard drive. Here's to desperately hoping Halo 6 is a much better game. I used to love this series...

EDIT:
Hydra being completely broken (My friend and I are the red highlighted spartans):
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fahzzy/video/31340506

A good, humorous, example of the frequent network woes of Halo 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXwiNsDUhls

Oustanding post with videos demonstrating various issues:
Halo 5 is just a bad experience throughout. The games bad population is all the proof that is needed. When a game plays like shit, people stop playing the game.

Heres the current trend in Halo 5. Modded controllers and limetless fire rates.

Want a good spawn? Nah play something else. Hit by a grenade before the spawn animation even finishes...

Or how about spawning infront of 2 enemies because reasons

Want a good connection? Look elsewhere. And how do you think it feels to get killed by a dead players corpse punching you?

But atleast there is gunskill. Oh, wait...

Don't expect your headshots to actually do anything BTWs

And when you're finally sick of the bullshit and you can't do it anymore, wait, nope, you can't even back out of matchmaking...

Not one of those clips is a rare occurrence and if I had any motivation what so ever I would have so much more and even worse shit recorded.

At the end of the day, Halo 5 isn't even a good game let alone a good Halo game.

This is from a player who has little to no trouble getting onyx ffa/solo TS... And no, I'm never going to bother trying to get champ because it's not skill, it's a time based grind.

Biscotti

Neo Member
I couldn't enjoy it with the bullet magnetism and the aim acceleration even if they are "gone" now. I also disliked the story, forerunners are super boring.

I couldn't enjoy it with the bullet magnetism and the aim acceleration even if they are "gone" now and I didn't enjoy the story.

Yeah there are a lot of things I didn't mention here.

To speak on your comment, I had to make a profile with an elite controller just to play this game properly. Rebinding button functions to not be a burden. Used all 4 paddles. Changed the right stick acceleration curves. Changed in game controller settings a ton to get it to feel okay.

The amount of tinkering to get this game to feel remotely acceptable is laughable.

Not to mention the "heavy aim" bug that still plagues the experience.

Biscotti

Neo Member
Yeah there are a lot of things I didn't mention here.

To speak on your comment, I had to make a profile with an elite controller just to play this game properly. Rebinding button functions to not be a burden. Used all 4 paddles. Changed the right stick acceleration curves.

The amount of tinkering to get this game to feel remotely acceptable is laughable.

Not to mention the "heavy aim" bug that still plagues the experience.

Some of the spawns were such a joke too, i'm not sure if it got better or not. Even when the game came to PC I still couldn't stand the aiming.

Some of the spawns were such a joke too, i'm not sure if it got better or not. Even when the game came to PC I still couldn't stand the aiming.

Oh yeah they still suck a butt.

Example:
Team Doubles I eliminate both opponents and feel a thrill of victorious satisfaction only to be greeted by an enemy spawning alarmingly close so they can kill me in 1 easy shot because my shields are still recharging from the battle. Seriously? You can't spawn them in a better location when there is just 4 players? This happens frequently too.

They definitely swung too hard for the core. I appreciate the dedication to fundamentals, but as someone who was pretty good at previous Halos, it was consistently disheartening to be completely wrecked almost every game I played in 5. Yeah yeah, git gud and all that, but the remainder of the 5 community is much more committed than I am. Other issues that serve as barriers like the art and visual direction just kind of compound this unpleasant atmosphere when the fun off-the-cuff nature of older Halos actually made me want to compete. It's hard to articulate what I don't like about 5 since the minute to minute gameplay is good as it's ever been...but I don't have fun.

Jinroh

I haven't played the multiplayer but I finished the campaign not long ago and was extremely disappointed. It's also the first Halo game that made me feel like I couldn't aim correctly. Coming from Titanfall 2 it was jarring.

Fahz pliss.. Did this really need to be a thread? You even said at the end of this rant that you'll be back for the Halo 3 playlist, so why let your emotions get the best of you when you know you're going to post in the OT later anyway? lmao

You see what you've done to us Bungie/343?! We're all emotional wrecks!
Halo Kart WHEN?!

Fahz pliss.. Did this really need to be a thread? You even said at the end of this rant that you'll be back for the Halo 3 playlist, so why let your emotions get the best of you when you know you're going to post in the OT later anyway? lmao

You see what you've done to us Bungie/343?! We're all emotional wrecks!
Halo Kart WHEN?!

Thread complaining = ban

;)

LOL I will return to the H3 playlist because the forgers involved deserve the population to play their maps. Also, I would really like the play some good maps on this game...

Aren't you the one that tells people to stop playing and move on, which you've done yourself? ;)

And you are right...I am an emotional wreck. My wife asked me yesterday, "Why do you keep playing Halo 5 despite it frequently pissing you off?" That's when I knew I had a problem lol.

Aren't you the one that tells people to stop playing and move on, which you've done yourself? ;)

This has nothing to do with that. I'm simply pointing out your need to complain on Gaming side, a place you yourself have complained about as dishing unnecessary hate towards Halo. So right now you're only perpetuating that hate when you're not really going anywhere anyway. Hope that explains what can be perceived as "thread complaining" in my previous post.

More to the context of your OP, you opened up with "I gave you so many chances, but I'm removing you from my life," but at the end say, "See you later, Halo." Just some thoughts from one Halo brev to another. Enjoy your break though, they can really help!

This has nothing to do with that. I'm simply pointing out your need to complain on Gaming side, a place you yourself have complained about as dishing unnecessary hate towards Halo. So right now you're only perpetuating that hate when you're not really going anywhere anyway. Hope that explains what can be perceived as "thread complaining" in my previous post.

More to the context of your OP, you opened up with "I gave you so many chances, but I'm removing you from my life," but at the end say, "See you later, Halo." Just some thoughts from one Halo brev to another. Enjoy your break though, they can really help!

Gaming side has had a lot of unnecessary hateful or ignorant shit posts directed toward the series and/or 343. I never complain about legitimate complaints or criticisms--this thread isn't perpetuating hate. I made this thread wondering if anyone else relates or has had as many issues as I have experienced. Gaming forums with gaming discussions, just wanted to vent with my criticisms...*Shrug* I don't think a lot of people even mention the consistent network problems. There's a lot of "but the gameplay is decent" posts around here, without much of a peep about a lot of network issues and other things mentioned in the OP...at least from my limited observations.

I also said, I probably won't return if the classic playlist can't even return in a timely fashion before major releases. Also, the classic playlist, if done right, could mitigate a lot of the issues I have in the first place, cuz classic Halo is entirely different.

Quit being a poop. ;)

edit: I also pointed out you leaving Halo 5 out of friendly jest.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I wouldn't say its a hard game by any means though.

Accessible =/= Easy and vice versa.

Halo 5 is just a bad experience throughout. The games bad population is all the proof that is needed. When a game plays like shit, people stop playing the game.

Want a good spawn? Nah play something else. Hit by a grenade before the spawn animation even finishes...

Want a good connection? Look elsewhere. And how do you think it feels to get killed by a dead players corpse punching you?

And when you're finally sick of the bullshit and you can't do it anymore, wait, nope, you can't even back out of matchmaking...

Not one of those clips is a rare occurrence and if I had any motivation what so ever I would have so much more and even worse shit recorded.

At the end of the day, Halo 5 isn't even a good game let alone a good Halo game.

This is from a player who has little to no trouble getting onyx ffa/solo TS... And no, I'm never going to bother trying to get champ because it's not skill, it's a time based grind.

Dude... YES exactly. Great post, thanks for putting the effort into sharing these problems. This demonstrates clearly some of the issues mentioned in my OP. Thank you!

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Dude... YES exactly. Great post, thanks for putting the effort into sharing these problems. This demonstrates clearly some of the issues mentioned in my OP. Thank you!

And that is only the tip of the iceberg...

I have been considering making a proper Halo 5 bullshit montage but it would be an hour long after just 1 weeks worth of gameplay.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg...

I have been considering making a proper Halo 5 bullshit montage but it would be an hour long after just 1 weeks worth of gameplay.

LOL Yeah my friend and I have been grinding for the last 2 weeks in the game...for a while we kept thinking, "Well maybe we just need to get good and learn more." That rapidly eroded after testing things in customs and realized how full of crap the general online experience is. What's hilariously stupid is you can even lag out of your own custom on a fairly regular basis...and my ISP and connection ain't no slouch. The only thing I can consistently enjoy in the game now is trolling HLG (Hidden League Gaming) style.

I was thinking about compiling a ton of problems in video form, but I don't know what good that would do. I appreciate your list though...The modded controller bit explains how it seems like some players 2 shot us with a BR across the map. Infuriating.

I get spawn naded with regularity...that plus grenade hitmarkers are just incredibly stupid.

Yesterday I spawned outside of Empire on the OS and got shot immediately as someone hopped into turbine on my screen.

Halo 5 is so consistently bad in this regard.

Van Bur3n

With all due respect, I think for that headshot complaint, you simply missed the shot. A more thorough look could have been done in theater mode probably.

Besides that, I can attest to the shitty spawns. No thanks to the game's terrible maps.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
With all due respect, I think for that headshot complaint, you simply missed the shot. A more thorough look could have been done in theater mode probably.

Besides that, I can attest to the shitty spawns. No thanks to the game's terrible maps.

043c963b7f10e696f5595170deb75c80.png

This is the exact frame the bullet was fired... Aim couldn't get much more perfect.

And I've had countless shots that shouldn't have even touched players get kills too...

It might not be the best example, but there are a plethora of occasions where this actually happens--even with a hitmarker.

My friend and I were getting fed up late last night and were counting outloud how many pistol shots it took to kill someone. We usually had to hit them 7-8 times with hitmarkers in the face before it registering the kill.

Other times the game decides to practically hand you 5 shot kills with the pistol.
edit: haha yup:
And I've had countless shots that shouldn't have even touched players get kills too...

The consistent inconsistency is a major problem in this game. I'm almost convinced that Halo 5 is peer to peer right now.

Trup1aya

I haven't played the multiplayer but I finished the campaign not long ago and was extremely disappointed. It's also the first Halo game that made me feel like I couldn't aim correctly. Coming from Titanfall 2 it was jarring.

I think many of the issues with the aiming are due to a bug that should be fixed "soon".

Still it's crazy that an FPS could ship with an inconsistent aiming system, and the remain that way for almost 2 years.

Monocle

A great game that gets unfairly dumped on. Best mechanics of the series. Highly replayable campaign. Better than Halo 4 in nearly every way, and better than Reach in key ways like equal starts and no armor abilities.

I think many of the issues with the aiming are due to a bug that should be fixed "soon".

Still it's crazy that an FPS could ship with an inconsistent aiming system, and the remain that way for almost 2 years.

Halo's flag ship title of 2017 has worse aiming than the original that came out 2 console generations ago. Truly they are evolving Halo.

And it took a post on the Beyond forums with a robotic input mechanism to seemingly convince 343 that it's actually a problem.

There are so many more problems that exist/existed, which causes me to legitimately think that 343 really is incompetent.

A great game that gets unfairly dumped on. Best mechanics of the series. Highly replayable campaign. Better than Halo 4 in nearly every way, and better than Reach in key ways like equal starts and no armor abilities.

I don't think my OP nor other posters here are unfairly dumping on this game.

Trup1aya

Can't have the best mechanics when , aim, the most important mechanic, is broken.

We also have crap like grenade hit markers and Spartan charge, and ghost melees, and delayed melee registration when airborn due to how Ground Pound was implemented.

And that's before touching on devisive issues like sprint and clamber.

I'd also like to add that this and H4 are the only campaigns I've had no urge to replay. Outside of Blue Team and Sanghelios, the Campain is a chore- with juvenile narrative and presentation, an prometheans enemies who aren't fun to fight.

Monocle

Halo's flag ship title of 2017 has worse aiming than the original that came out 2 console generations ago.

And it took a post on the Beyond forums with a robotic input mechanism to seemingly convince 343 that it's actually a problem.

There are so many more problems that exist/existed, which causes me to legitimately think that 343 really is incompetent.
Incompetent enough to directly address Halo 4's campaign and balance issues, and fix multiplayer, which was rife with CoD-ish bullshit such as ordnance drops.

Can't have the best mechanics when , aim, the most important mechanic, is broken.

We also have crap like grenade hit markers and Spartan charge, and ghost melees

And that's before touching on devisive issues like sprint and clamber.
Aim isn't broken in my experience and I played the game for a solid half a year after launch. I have friends who are far better players than I'll ever be, friends that have loads of experience going back to Halo 1, and they've never complained about the aiming. So I guess it's not a universal issue?

Sprint and clamber are "divisive" among the vocal minority and just about no one else. It would be insane for 343 to go back to the comparatively slow gameplay of past titles—if if they do hold up rather well.

Incompetent enough to directly address Halo 4's campaign and balance issues, and fix multiplayer, which was rife with CoD-ish bullshit such as ordnance drops.

Sure, they "fixed" some of these issues. Whether it was fixed in a satisfactory way for a lot of Halo players is yet to be convincing. However you view the new mechanics or changes from 4 to 5, my complaints in the OP aren't unfounded and are troubling how frequent they occur.

I'm not into just dumping on 343 or modern Halo just because I prefer the old series--nostalgia goggles and all, if you want to use that all too common criticism.

The unfortunate thing is, the more advanced and skilled you become as a player, the more apparent these problems are. I can respect your love for a game that I don't personally enjoy, but I'm not simply expressing a general gameplay opinion here. These issues are legitimately game breaking in some cases.

Akai__

Yeah, I uninstalled the game, too. Ended up playing the game like 3 times a month and with it's ridiculous file size, it's just a waste of my HDD space.

A more thorough look could have been done in theater mode probably.

No it couldn't, because the theater is garbage and always shows the perspective of the server and not your individual perspective.

That was a huge problem in Online Tournaments, because for viewers it looked like the Pros were missing shots while they were still getting hitmarkers. It was a huge mess, until they added the new Observer Mode. Not to be confused with the old Spectator Mode that they previously used.

Yeah, I uninstalled the game, too. Ended up playing the game like 3 times a month and with it's ridiculous file size, it's just a waste of my HDD space.

90+ gigs bloated by great forge assets never used properly in Matchmaking. So many great community made maps that aren't implemented. Reach might have relied on too many forge maps, but at least Bungie was actively adding and rotating awesome community made maps.

So much for that.

This just seems like a general whining thread.

I play Gears pretty heavy and you get endless complaints about the mechanics, connection, inconsistencies etc etc.

If that stuff really bothers you, move on and play something else. No online shooter is exempt from some form of the above.

"I'll come back for the Halo 3 playlist" maaaaan move the fuck on. Play something else and never look back.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Incompetent enough to directly address Halo 4's campaign and balance issues

By making them worse? Okay...

and fix multiplayer,
You say that like improving over Halo 4s multiplayer was some sort of difficult task

which was rife with CoD-ish bullshit such as ordnance drops.

So replace one set of rubbish cod mechanics with another set of rubbish cod mechanics? Okay...

Protip: Enhanced mobility is a failed experiment.

Here is some more patented H5 BS.

I'll just casually shoot a wall and get a kill

Or just miss altogether and still get rewarded...

If I took clips of the tracking proximity fused frags I would have thousands of clips by now...

Trup1aya

Aim isn't broken in my experience and I played the game for a solid half a year after launch. I have friends who are far better players than I'll ever be, friends that have loads of experience going back to Halo 1, and they've never complained about the aiming. So I guess it's not a universal issue?

Sprint and clamber are "divisive" among the vocal minority and just about no one else. It would be insane for 343 to go back to the comparatively slow gameplay of past titles—if if they do hold up rather well.

The developers has admitted that the aim is broken. I'd say you and your friends are the 'minority' on this one.

As far as sprint and clamber, maybe it's a 'vocal minority' of people who still care about halo. But when you count the people who left because of that crap, that term doesn't fit so well.

Also who do you know it's a vocal minority? How do you know that people who are silent also don't like the mechanics?

Sec0nd

I thought that the competitive gameplay in H5 was surprisingly good. Best it's been since Halo 2 (Halo 3 was incredible for competitive but there was always something a bit clunky to it). So it's kind of surprising I stopped playing it after like a month or is. There is something inherently boring about the game. Not quite sure what makes it boring. Think the art plays a huge part of it. Everything just looks so bland and boring.

This just seems like a general whining thread.

I play Gears pretty heavy and you get endless complaints about the mechanics, connection, inconsistencies etc etc.

If that stuff really bothers you, move on and play something else. No online shooter is exempt from some form of the above.

"I'll come back for the Halo 3 playlist" maaaaan move the fuck on. Play something else and never look back.

I can see why you might take that perspective, but unless you experience it in such a consistently frustrating manner, I don't think you'll understand.

I play Gears 4 as well and have gotten quite good at it. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination (annoying wall bounce canceling anyone?), but it's far and away more consistent and enjoyable. Heck, I don't even recall getting booted out of a server in Gears 4 multiplayer, aside from server maintenance which is fine. In Halo 5 it happens at least twice a night or more within a 3 hour span. I promise you this isn't exaggeration or just whining for the sake of whining. This is a result of hours of playing with a friend over the last few weeks.

I am moving on from Halo 5, but I just want to come back to support the amazing forge creators and a playlist that shouldn't play like Halo 5's core.

Protip: Enhanced mobility is a failed experiment.

This is besides my main points in the OP, but I have to agree. It fundamentally changes so much about the core gameplay and map design/flow, that it creates a whole set of problems that never existed before. We'll see if Halo 6 can "fix" what they broke.

Also, people claiming that a vocal minority doesn't like SA's is getting a bit tiring. For one, I don't think there has been a properly exposed survey/poll that collects such data. Also, I have friends and family that play COD and Destiny religiously that have vocalized giving up on Halo 4/5 because of how SA's have changed how Halo feels and plays. These people would be snidely called "casuals" on forums, but apparently casuals don't care about such things? I think that's rubbish.

I thought that the competitive gameplay in H5 was surprisingly good. Best it's been since Halo 2 (Halo 3 was incredible for competitive but there was always something a bit clunky to it). So it's kind of surprising I stopped playing it after like a month or is. There is something inherently boring about the game. Not quite sure what makes it boring. Think the art plays a huge part of it. Everything just looks so bland and boring.

I can relate to the comment on visuals. Everything has a flat plastic/pavement look to it. It's really quite unappealing. Go back and play Halo 3 and Reach and those games have so much more texture--art aesthetic preferences aside.

Jumeira

Banned
Love the Multiplayer, it's the best I've played, the movement and dynamism with Halo hip fire combat is extremely rare these days so for that alone it'll always be on my HDD, I cannot enjoy other shooters as it doesn't feel like Halo 5. I've not experienced connection issues op. Single player definitely needs work but the base is mechanic is strong, like MGS5.

Septic360

Banned
The fact that this game does not have a region filter is truly pathetic imo.

Its like devs have ZERO interest at all in the competitive balance in this game, which is odd considering their so-called focus on it when designing the MP component.

In this day and age, not having a region filter ala Titanfall 2 etc is just ridiculous.

Sort it out 343. Its as if you are completely oblivious to the problems this creates.

UK Gaf- you know the pain of being matched up by Americans and the complete difference in the way the game performs.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Also who do you know it's a vocal minority? How do you know that people who are silent also don't like the mechanics?

I'm going to go by the clear as day evidence of when Halo started adding the bullshit the populations started dropping like rocks.

Halo 3s population was huge

Halo Reachs population relatively was bad.

Halo 4 and Halo 5s populations were simply pathetic.

UK Gaf- you know the pain of being matched up by Americans and the complete difference in the way the game performs.

Try playing from Aus mate. you cannot find a game in ANYTHING unless you use the expanded search function.

At one point you couldn't play Halo 5 at all because it was always equivalent of "balanced".

How, at any point in time, someone thought it was a good idea to tie connection and skill search priorities into only 1 option is absolutely beyond me...

jelly

Possible you might not find a game if there was a region filter or it would take longer to find a find.

Trup1aya

Possible you might not find a game if there was a region filter or it would take longer to find a find.

If they added a region filter now, then yea it would make matches take longer. But if they had it at launch, it probably would have helped maintain the population.

A lot of people quit because consistently being forced to play overseas is maddening.

I'm going to go by the clear as day evidence of when Halo started adding the bullshit the populations started dropping like rocks.

That's my point. The "vocal minority" argument makes sense if you are only counting people who still play halo. Naturally, those who have stuck around are those who find the mechanics to be tolerable.

But what about the millions who have given up on the game/franchise, how do they feel about these mechanics?

What about those potential new players who see halo as a lesser version of the countless games with similar mechanics.

The vocal minority argument is the same echo chamber nonsense that fuels the bad decision making surrounding this franchise.

I think I and others would gladly wait 5-10 minutes for a good Halo experience--regardless of dislike for multiple Halo 5 mechanics.

343 has a "focused" option that seemingly does diddly squat. My friend and I played a game on "expanded", finished the game, and then re-queued with the "focused" option. What happens? We end up facing the exact same players with what felt like a Walmart parking lot Wi-Fi connection.

If they added a region filter now, then yea it would make matches take longer. But if they had it at launch, it probably would have helped maintain the population.

A lot of people quit because consistently being forced to play overseas is maddening.

Poor Holmbom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSRmOvA6gpQ

Seventy70

It really does feel like they cobbled together a very basic Halo-like multiplayer. 343 simply doesn't grasp the depth of a Halo multiplayer. They get all of the surface level things to match, but it lacks core of what Halo MP always was. After 3, I feel like the MP slowly got watered down. It became mindless running around corners and shooting what was in sight. I really miss the deliberate feel of the past games. Every match felt different. There was all sorts of craziness that would happen within the sandbox. This quality doesn't really exist anymore. The whole thing feels as if it's on rails.

Not every shooter needs to be fast paced, wallrun 'n gun.

SpacLock

Nah.

OP has a case of the hardcore blues.

Halo 5 and the rest of the iterations in the series have (at this point) a hardcore player-base. That's what's left. Sure, there's quite a few of them, but they all know how to play better than you, and it makes it extremely difficult.

Unless it's your connection, you're not experiencing lag with those missed shots, etc. You're just not accustomed to the game, and you never will be with that attitude.

Detective

Try playing from Aus mate. you cannot find a game in ANYTHING unless you use the expanded search function.

At one point you couldn't play Halo 5 at all because it was always equivalent of "balanced".

How, at any point in time, someone thought it was a good idea to tie connection and skill search priorities into only 1 option is absolutely beyond me...

Who told you that Reach population were bad? lol

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Give. Us. The. Option.

From. Day. One.

Halo 3 had search preferences from day one.

Halo Reach had search preferences from day one.

How long was it between 343 being created and there being a search preference added to Halo 5? (Halo 4 had nothing at all) And in the end it was done extremely badly.

Who told you that Reach population were bad? lol

"Relatively" was the key word buddy.

Oh wow, haven't seen this before... But it's an accurate representation of the Halo 5 matchmaking experience...

Halo 5 and the rest of the iterations in the series have (at this point) a hardcore player-base. That's what's left. Sure, there's quite a few of them, but they all know how to play better than you, and it makes it extremely difficult.

No problems getting onyx in Halo 5... Game plays like shit.

Nah.

OP has a case of the hardcore blues.

Unless it's your connection, you're not experiencing lag with those missed shots, etc. You're just not accustomed to the game, and you never will be with that attitude.

Seriously? What an absurd thing to say towards me. I have been playing Halo since CE religiously...even quite masochistically with how much a challenge I like from it.

This game has so many problems. Your comment seems like another variation of "git gud", when that's entirely uncalled for.

Top Bottom