• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say hello to the funnel cake bacon queso burger: Texas State Fair food finalists.

Ottaro

These foods made it to the final round of the Texas state fair food competition, which will conclude in a couple of weeks when they declare a pair of winners. I thought yall would get a kick out of seeing what is competing:
4ZnfMjf.png
l5cjhSb.png

(Popcorn topped with pinot noir wine powder)
RaFxRzL.jpg

(Mini cream puffs dipped in Cafe du Monde beignet batter and fried)
bTxxien.png

(Alcoholic blue punch with candy nerds)
7ROQjLr.png

(Pork tamale, fried, with creamy jalapeno salsa)

Pastry

Banned
The popcorn and the donut sound interesting.

Despite being Texan and having lived here essentially my whole life I have still never been to the State Fair.

Maybe it's because I'm on a strict fucking diet that has me eat very limited shit. But everything in there looks delicious and I would kill a motherfucker for one.

Nowise10

Kind of unrelated by every year when I go to the Minnesota State Fair, some of the food stands and kiosks are absolutely disgusting and gross looking on the inside. I remember some Asian food stand the workers have like zero ventalation and were like dripping sweat.

It kind of turned me off from the food but not enough

That funnel cake queso burger...

lawd jesus.

The popcorn and the donut sound interesting.

Despite being Texan and having lived here essentially my whole life I have still never been to the State Fair.

Lmao.

I've spent the last 13 years of my life in Dallas, got free tickets to the state fair back in middle and high school... yet I've only been there once lol.

Also, I've only been to Six Flags Over Texas once(despite it being 10 mins away from my house)... though like a lot of DFW kids, I did spend a summer working there... I manned the Dippin Dots booth by Superman lol.

Top Bottom