• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Week Tonight's Twitter appears to have been hacked

Here.

More hacking of HBO.

4ZqiXcZ.jpg

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
HBO's security team needs some top level computer engineers and scientists specialized in web security (for HBO at least). I mean, I get it, you have thousands of hackers eager to get content not even for blackmail, but this is like the 10th hack in the last year. Being able to google stackoverflow for simple algorithms doesn't cut it for this sort of job.

Dyle

At the rate this stuff happens to them, their passwords must just be something like G4M30FTHR0N35 or 745TW33KT0N1GHT

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
IF ONLY THEY COULD ASK TWITTER TO FIX IT

But no, $20 million dollars

True story, my gaf account got "hacked" and they posted "Hitler was great."

your HBO subscription does go towards better security lol

it'll be hilarious if whoever hacked it started posting ep6 spoilers

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Oh, so the 'fake' spoilers that people were spamming on Twitch earlier were real. Great lol

Not necessarily. If you looked up the plot leaks (from several months ago) and compared them to all officially released episodes you can draw your own conclusion. People can say whatever they want on the internet - don't believe everything you read.

"Testing security" means "HBO hasn't changed their passwords on Twitter and possibly Facebook in a while"? Unless they have a method HBO uses to generate passwords. Which can be changed pretty simply.

And here I thought Hollywood learned their lesson after Sony.

They probably just changed their passwords from "password" to "password123"

StoneFox

Gotta love the logic.

"Nah man, I just sprayed graffiti on your building to check if your security worked."

Sometimes people who find exploits are paid by companies by making them aware of security holes (so they can promptly fix it) so it isn't that outlandish. Google will give you quite a hefty sum if you find a way in.

Then again, other companies are not so amiable and see it as a crime so your mileage may vary.

Top Bottom