• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

TommyT
(04-26-2010, 10:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Totobeni

how I missed this thread ?

well if she is saying that Insomniac will go multiplat or even working exclusively for Micorosft I don't see it as a "surprise" at all , since Ted Price already hinted on going for bigger market and Insomniac was unhappy with PS3 fans attitude toward them.

Oh lordy... did you just read the OP and hit reply?

edit:

Totobeni
An blind dancing ho

... nvm
TheOddOne
(04-26-2010, 10:58 PM)

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

Slightly OT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236806

Here are some that came true (initially unconfirmed):

- The Gears of War trilogy will be finished on the Xbox 360.
- Forza Motorsport 3 is currently in development at Turn 10 and aiming for a spring/summer 2009 release.
- Super Punch-Out! is coming to Virtual Console [in 2008]. ~ came out 2009
- Team Ico is working on two titles (maybe three), one major and the other(s) smaller. The smaller one(s) is/are more like Echochrome and does/do not take place inside the Ico canon. ~ not sure about this, but TLG is the major one.
- Kane & Lynch 2 is still happening.

Although some are completely false like L.A. Noire not coming to the 360 and the Red Dead Revolver successor coming out as an exclusive.

Dunno the might have been true, but maby business changed and they went multiplat.
Son of Godzilla
Banned
(04-26-2010, 11:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Jocchan

It's Son of Godzilla. He likes to post the exact opposite of what anyone would, in any circumstance.

True!

For instance, four pages ago:

Originally Posted by Son of Godzilla

I actually believe none of this.

Originally Posted by Rez

I am and always have been a Surfer, Girl.

[IMG]http://i42.************/fteakx.jpg[/IMG]
Sohter.Nura
(04-26-2010, 11:07 PM)
If they launch a SLIM 360 of sorts with Natal bundle I would be buying a new 360 when the release it.

My 360 broke this month and I don't want to buy an existing model, so I'll wait.
Jocchan
Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
(04-26-2010, 11:08 PM)

True!

For instance, four pages ago:

[IMG]http://i42.************/fteakx.jpg[IMG]

So you're a fellow believer! :D
Shiggy
(04-26-2010, 11:11 PM)

Originally Posted by TommyT

There still hasn't been a posting of the MGS4 for 360 boxset.

I didn't bother to copy the link location (which I'd bet leads to this thread), but I imagine it is that a thread was posted at all about "SurferGirl" and that some people actually believed these speculations.

Many of the "false" rumors were true when posted.
TommyT
(04-26-2010, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by yencid

no no no the original surfer girl actually got stuff right... this its a pretty bad attempt specially if you noticed what "insider information" was posted in that blog before admitting that it was fake.

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Add lack of reading comprehension to the "standards" that *imposter* SurferGirl was talking about.
2 Minutes Turkish
Banned
(04-26-2010, 11:23 PM)
Yeah, had a feeling MS would go black with the Slim. Makes sense.

All their accessories are only being sold pretty much in Black now. You can hardly find the white stuff anywhere anymore.

Nice, will go well in my living room with the PS3 Slim I'll be buying around the same time.
Gospel
Parmesan et Romano
(04-26-2010, 11:25 PM)
Black's the best anyway.
TommyT
(04-26-2010, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Surgeon Rocket

Black's the best anyway.

must... resist... :lol
Shiggy
(04-26-2010, 11:28 PM)

Add lack of reading comprehension to the "standards" that *imposter* SurferGirl was talking about.

What exactly do you mean?

While going through those rumors though, I'd say that I could've done 70 % of those only by browsing through resumes and LinkedIn profiles though. Thus I still believe that this person was a recruiter.
TommyT
(04-26-2010, 11:42 PM)

What exactly do you mean?

While going through those rumors though, I'd say that I could've done 70 % of those only by browsing through resumes and LinkedIn profiles though. Thus I still believe that this person was a recruiter.

Two replies in defense of the original SurferGirl of whom I never once referenced in what I was talking about. I guess I'll have to explain every detail:

"Standards have fallen" alluding to how MaxConsole handled their information, and how GAF was quick to jump to thread creation, and no telling how many people actually drooling over the "rumors" coming from the site.
AzureNightmare
Banned
(04-27-2010, 07:24 AM)

Two replies in defense of the original SurferGirl of whom I never once referenced in what I was talking about. I guess I'll have to explain every detail:

"Standards have fallen" alluding to how MaxConsole handled their information, and how GAF was quick to jump to thread creation, and no telling how many people actually drooling over the "rumors" coming from the site.

Dead Prince
Banned
(04-27-2010, 07:26 AM)
no. i called the MG touch game (sure i don't remember the name but still) fuck him.
Sloane
Banned
(04-27-2010, 07:52 AM)

Yup, he/she was right on almost everything -- at least, at that time.

Still find it funny that most people on GAF hated the one person that actually had lots of real intel, but choose to get hyped up by every random rumor from any other given website.
Ninja Moomin
Banned
(04-27-2010, 09:27 AM)

Originally Posted by AzureNightmare

:lol :lol :lol
Flying_Phoenix
Banned
(04-27-2010, 09:49 AM)

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

Slightly OT:

Here are some that came true (initially unconfirmed):

- The Gears of War trilogy will be finished on the Xbox 360.
- Forza Motorsport 3 is currently in development at Turn 10 and aiming for a spring/summer 2009 release.
- Super Punch-Out! is coming to Virtual Console [in 2008]. ~ came out 2009
- Team Ico is working on two titles (maybe three), one major and the other(s) smaller. The smaller one(s) is/are more like Echochrome and does/do not take place inside the Ico canon. ~ not sure about this, but TLG is the major one.
- Kane & Lynch 2 is still happening.

Although some are completely false like L.A. Noire not coming to the 360 and the Red Dead Revolver successor coming out as an exclusive.

Jesus Christ! Talk about some unpredictable predictions!
Lunchbox
Banned
(04-27-2010, 09:51 AM)
350 posts no pics of surfer girl

detectives are losing their touch
Nuclear Muffin
Banned
(04-27-2010, 10:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Lunchbox

350 posts no pics of surfer girl

detectives are losing their touch

Surfer Girl = Yatagarasu.
plufim
(04-27-2010, 12:22 PM)
Pretty obvious to me the new surfer girl only admitted being a fake because they'd been caught out as such. Rather than look the fool, they quickly tried to turn it on those who'd payed attention to them.

They'd have kept this up for as long as they could have. They can say all they want about how easily fooled some of the gaming community are, but they themselves were trying to get internet fame by fooling people. Pretty sure that's far worse.

They say it was "like taking candy from a baby". In those cases, it's not the goddam baby that is the jerk.
Night_Trekker
(04-27-2010, 12:31 PM)

[IMG]http://i42.************/fteakx.jpg[/IMG]

+1 respect for JFC reference.
RurouniZel
Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
(04-27-2010, 01:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Nuclear Muffin

:lol :lol
MidnightScott
Banned
(04-28-2010, 10:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Nuclear Muffin

roflz :D

She wishes she could be the Yatagarasu. :P
Freeza Under The Shower
(04-28-2010, 10:45 PM)

This is as much as you can get to Surfergirl:
http://twitter.com/veracious_shit

That twitterpage is actually pretty awesome, considering it is twitter.
Truespeed
(04-28-2010, 11:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Totobeni

well if she is saying that Insomniac will go multiplat or even working exclusively for Micorosft I don't see it as a "surprise" at all , since Ted Price already hinted on going for bigger market and Insomniac was unhappy with PS3 fans attitude toward them.

I'm sure Ted is really concerned with the attitude of the lunatic fringe within the vocal minority.
Shao Kahn Brewing a Stew
Banned
(04-28-2010, 11:13 PM)
Thread locking Imminent?