• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Time's the Charm

MKIL65

During chapter 6 with the visit to the
Aster House
, I kind of wish I had brought Estelle and Joshua. I brought Olivier and Mueller, so I did get some funny dialogue out of it, but it wasn't exactly a scene for laughs...

(I made it a point to bring Olivier and Mueller with me whenever possible, for great results)

Hopefully people upload more of their playthroughs to Youtube so I can check the different dialogue during major parts of the game.

Yeah, I made the same mistake. I wanted to bring Kloe along.

But instead I brought Renne and Richard. Not very interesting dialogue, don't recommend it.

flowsnake

Yeah, I made the same mistake. I wanted to bring Kloe along.

But instead I brought Renne and Richard. Not very interesting dialogue, don't recommend it.

Kind of had the same reaction, but ended up deciding I didn't really care about anyone but Kevin and Ries for those scenes.

Having finished the game now, I don't really understand the complaints I have heard over the years that if this game is localized, the rest need be too. 3rd actually serves as a very good endcap to the Trails trilogy and the main thread left hanging
Renne
was already a loose plot thread after SC. This game does add to the lore, but is mostly Kevin's self-contained story plus extra story for the the characters of the first two Trails games. It ends pretty satisfactorily all things considered.

Having finished the game now, I don't really understand the complaints I have heard over the years that if this game is localized, the rest need be too. 3rd actually serves as a very good endcap to the Trails trilogy and the main thread left hanging
Renne
was already a loose plot thread after SC. This game does add to the lore, but is mostly Kevin's self-contained story plus extra story for the the characters of the first two Trails games. It ends pretty satisfactorily all things considered.

I just need the Crossbell games for any hint of
Kloechter

Vamphuntr

Renne

Well like you said ENDING SPOILERS
Renne's story is completed only in Zero.The Red constellation Richard is researching is important in Zero and Ao. The Phantasmal Blaze Project is Ourobouros' operation in Crossbell. It also prepares the ground for Cold Steel with Osborne and the attack on the Erebonian Guilds. Lechter is also important in both Crossbell and Erebonia.
It certainly hints at the other game. It's a good ending for the sky trilogy but the games definitely show you that more is coming.

Renne's story is completed only in Zero.The Red constellation Richard is researching is important in Zero and Ao. The Phantasmal Blaze Project is Ourobouros' operation in Crossbell. It also prepares the ground for Cold Steel with Osborne and the attack on the Erebonian Guilds. Lechter is also important in both Crossbell and Erebonia.
It certainly hints at the other game. It's a good ending for the sky trilogy but the games definitely show you that more is coming.

It certainly foreshadows future games, but the main thrust of the narrative is a self-contained conclusion to the previous Trails games. It doesn't end with some cliffhanger or horrible dangling thread that necessitates the future games being localized. If one were to abandon a series, 3rd isn't really any worse of a place to do it than SC.

I also sometimes hear the sentiment that if Sky the 3rd is localized, then the Crossbell games also have to be localized too for it to be satisfactory (this is after we already know that CS I and CS II is coming stateside, mind). I think what Basileus777 is getting at is that Sky the 3rd don't really add anything that makes the Crossbell games feel any more necessary than they already are. [All Sky, All CS]
Sure there's Renne, but we already want that resolved since Sky SC. There's the Phantasmal Blaze Plan, but we are already curious about what the heck that is from playing CS II. The Red Constellation is mentioned throughout CS, too. We already know about Lechter, etc.

Chapter 3:

Got to unlock Our Boy Josh, awaiting Our Girl Estelle. Seriously considering putting in Klaudia but the "3 Toughs up front and Kevin 'Onion' Graham in the back doing nuke and support" has worked well so far.

Ascheroth

During chapter 6 with the visit to the
Aster House
, I kind of wish I had brought Estelle and Joshua. I brought Olivier and Mueller, so I did get some funny dialogue out of it, but it wasn't exactly a scene for laughs...

(I made it a point to bring Olivier and Mueller with me whenever possible, for great results)

Hopefully people upload more of their playthroughs to Youtube so I can check the different dialogue during major parts of the game.
I brought Joshua and Renne. Joshua had some nice tidbits to say.
Renne was killing it during the majority of Chapter 6 though.
Special dialog with Philipp, Cassius, Gilbert, the Enforcers, in the Research facility,... and even with the other bosses at least some amusing tidbits.
I really feel like going godmode and repeating some sections with different characters after I'm done with the game.

FLD

Jesus, I was so happy when I realized I had basically won what I thought was the last round of nightmare arena. Then I saw the real last round lmao.

It's pretty much the last thing I have left to do before leaving for the final dungeon. Is it worth doing just for
upgrading the Jinu or whatever
? Like, will I have to make multiple parties or be forced to use more than 4 characters in the final dungeon? Because if not, I already have my roster of 4 and Anelace isn't a part of it.

Jesus, I was so happy when I realized I had basically won what I thought was the last round of nightmare arena. Then I saw the real last round lmao.

It's pretty much the last thing I have left to do before leaving for the final dungeon. Is it worth doing just for
? Like, will I have to make multiple parties or be forced to use more than 4 characters in the final dungeon? Because if not, I already have my roster of 4 and Anelace isn't a part of it.

You will have to use everyone.

Rhapsody

Banned

Only do it if you want. The final dungeon lets you get treasures that'll be the best equipment for everyone. In Anelace's case, powered up Jinu will still be slightly stronger.

I had to do the arena a second time, but it was much easier since I knew what to expect.

FLD

Nightmare arena done! Lucked out big time and ended up having just enough S-crafts ready to finish off you-know-who just as he buffed up. It felt pretty good to kick his ass here after having to abuse retry offset last time!

Arthea

can somebody riddle me this?

this is the map of Zemuria I suppose:
latest

and this is the map from Trails in the Sky FC/SC

as you can see, there is no Crossblell state in this one. What gives?

also if it's a spoiler of later games, spoiler tag it, please.

The reason why I started researching it, in 3rd they mentioned some state I haven't heard of before, and it's not on any of those maps. Sorry, can't remember a name atm.

Also are there other continents aside of Zemuria? I kinda think I remember it mentioned some time, but I don't remember any specifics.

Gu4n

can somebody riddle me this?

this is the map of Zemuria I suppose:

and this is the map from Trails in the Sky FC/SC

as you can see, there is no Crossblell state in this one. What gives?

also if it's a spoiler of later games, spoiler tag it, please.

The reason why I started researching it, in 3rd they mentioned some state I haven't heard of before, and it's not on any of those maps. Sorry, can't remember a name atm.

Also are there other continents aside of Zemuria? I kinda think I remember it mentioned some time, but I don't remember any specifics.
Crossbell is further northeast than the Trails in the Sky map can show.

I think you mean Ored State. It's a landlocked state toward central Zemuria, uninhabited for most part.

No continent other than Zemuria has ever been mentioned.

FLD

Uh, fuck. Just went through the whole sequence leading to the entrance of the final dungeon and just realized I forgot to make enough high quality quartz for everyone. Will I get an opportunity to do so once I enter or should I just reload a previous save now?

Uh, fuck. Just went through the whole sequence leading to the entrance of the final dungeon and just realized I forgot to make enough high quality quartz for everyone. Will I get an opportunity to do so once I enter or should I just reload a previous save now?

There's an opportunity to do so later, but not right at the start of the dungeon.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
There's save points in the dungeon- you can only make the high level quartz + a few others like Cast 2, but at that point why would you want to make anything worse?

Nyoro SF

You'll be able to buy high quality quartz in the final dungeon. No worries.

Falcom thought of everything; you can purchase both the highest level and next highest level of quartz there, just in case you don't have enough sepith.

FLD

There's an opportunity to do so later, but not right at the start of the dungeon.

You'll be able to buy high quality quartz in the final dungeon. No worries.

Falcom thought of everything; you can purchase both the highest level and next highest level of quartz there, just in case you don't have enough sepith.

Alright, cool. Kinda tempted to do it anyway, though. Noticed I had a lot of people lagging 20-25 levels behind. Could use the opportunity to grind a bit. I also spent all my mira on getting everyone better weapons and armor before I left, so I'm pretty much completely broke now lol.

edit: Oh great, Cold Steel 2 spoilers. That's the second thing I've had spoiled because people can't be bothered to use fucking spoiler tags. Goddamnit. Welp, I'm out of this thread permanently. -_-

Baliis

Was that Zero/Ao spoilers? I'm trying to play them in release order so I'm waiting for those before playing Sen.

I haven't played Zero/Ao but I believe
it's covered in both Ao and Cold Steel 2 since they're happening roughly at the same time.

Alright, cool. Kinda tempted to do it anyway, though. Noticed I had a lot of people lagging 20-25 levels behind. Could use the opportunity to grind a bit. I also spent all my mira on getting everyone better weapons and armor before I left, so I'm pretty much completely broke now lol.

edit: Oh great, Cold Steel 2 spoilers. That's the second thing I've had spoiled because people can't be bothered to use fucking spoiler tags. Goddamnit. Welp, I'm out of this thread permanently. -_-

Don't bother grinding unless you want to. The final dungeon is by far the best place for levelling.

Psxphile

I thought
Crossbell was independent?
That's... why it's a spoiler.

Was that Zero/Ao spoilers? I'm trying to play them in release order so I'm waiting for those before playing Sen.
It's more of a Sen II spoiler, since the game finally wraps up long after Ao ends chronologically.

But, there is a spoiler tag? Or are you reading this on mobile?
EDIT: ah, you must be talking about Jon's post. Yep, that'd do it.

FLD

Don't bother grinding unless you want to. The final dungeon is by far the best place for levelling.

Well, I was mostly worried about my underleveled characters not being able to damage enemies but I pushed on anyway and it doesn't look like it'll be a problem.

But, there is a spoiler tag? Or are you reading this on mobile?
EDIT: ah, you must be talking about Jon's post. Yep, that'd do it.

Yeah, just to be clear, I wasn't talking about the map. You'd think simply avoiding CS 2 and 3 threads would be enough to remain unspoiled but apparently not...

Right? How hard is it to just link it?

sorry if i'm ignorant, but what's the problem with spoiler-tagging an image? Posting a link is the same?

Yeah, just to be clear, I wasn't talking about you. You'd think simply avoiding CS 2 and 3 threads would be enough to remain unspoiled but apparently not...

sorry for spoiling you, but i did say it was the map at the end of cold steel 2, with the date

Ascheroth

sorry if i'm ignorant, but what's the problem with spoiler-tagging an image? Posting a link is the same?

sorry for spoiling you, but i did say it was the map at the end of cold steel 2, with the date
Image spoiler-tags don't work on mobile. As in: you're going to see a spoiler tagged image on mobile whether you want to or not.
Is probably the biggest reason.

FLD

Oh wait, for some reason I thought the previous post I replied to was the person that had posted the map. Like I said, I wasn't talking about you. Your spoiler was tagged and clearly labeled Cold Steel 2, so I didn't click on it.

Top Bottom