• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they did end up redesigning Brolina

I'm going to have an aneurysm if I see someone say this again.
People need to hold their horses and stop making definitive statements like this based off of ZERO information.
I have little doubt that both designs will show up.
We don't know yet if it's the same character but it feels like it.

Toei probably made her, sent the design to Toriyama, who corrected her, and this is the final result.

Or maybe they're two different people but I doubt it.

Or she just changes her outfit and puts her hair in a tie before going to the tournament.

Slaythe

I'm going to have an aneurysm if I see someone say this again.
People need to hold their horses and stop making definitive statements like this based off of ZERO information.
I have little doubt that both designs will show up.

Or she just changes her outfit and puts her hair in a tie before going to the tournament.

Well that's what I said originally but then you were like "beh she doesn't have the same eyelashes !" .

What happened :D ?

Also, detail, she doesn't wear earrings. I don't know anybody who would decide to put earrings on while preparing for battle...

It's one thing to keep your earrings if you already have them, but going out of your way to equip earrings ? Seems counter productive.

Well that's what I said originally but then you were like "beh she doesn't have the same eyelashes !" .

What happened :D ?

You already covered that they might be different characters in your post.
I doubt they would have put her in the opening, especially twice, if they didn't have a finalized design. After that her character design in Super Saiyan even showed up in V-Jump.

CryptiK

We don't know yet if it's the same character but it feels like it.

Toei probably made her, sent the design to Toriyama, who corrected her, and this is the final result.

Or maybe they're two different people but I doubt it.
Her name seems to give it away completely.

broccoli vs cauliflower

L Thammy

It's probably a clothes change, but it seems more drastic because the OP also makes her normal form look like she's pretty dainty. The episode made her seem more rugged, the type that would make a U7 Saiyan proud.

I'd imagine some of the story details are ambiguous when the OP is made. Like how the U6 team used moves in the opening of the Champa arc that they don't seem to have anywhere else: Hit using a finger beam and Cabba's kick beam.

Slaythe

Her name seems to give it away completely.

broccoli vs cauliflower

Roasted-Broccoli-Cauliflower-Soup-l-SimplyScratch.com-1.jpg

I also prefer the old school impacts but consider they have been doing a really sick job on this arc since we've had consistent quality !

c0192db101e934d3374664d1f9f1c4fa69801774_hq.gif

It's full of stuff like this. The Gohan episode near the end also had a lot of "trades" that looked reminiscent of the old battles :D .

That being said, that trunks vs black is pretty good, I think it's because the special effects were really close (those circles and flashes) and they have the close up reactions (that is now common this arc :D this arc also added the close up on flurries which was a big thing back then )

like those :

tumblr_olyv9636Rr1qgs3bao1_500.gif

tumblr_ooih7ogRQo1w3p557o2_500.gif

Which is always cool cause they can loop it, it saves them time since they don't have to animate more than a few frames and it looks pretty cool :D .

The fights have been less and less solid since the BuuHan exhibition matches. Those were great. Goku's matches were less so, and now everything else is falling back into giving me a meh impression. Though, Krillin vs Goku had surprisingly sick choreography. I feel kinda obnoxious being down on it like this in the face of your optimism, but I will say the general direction overall seems improved for this arc so far.

Krillin vs 18 was nice in this episode, did anyone bring that up yet?

Also, for the few people who thought Cabba might get SSB by the tournament, I guess this episode proves that ain't happening.

Champa: "Bring me more Saiyans that are stronger than you."
Almost brings back someone who can't walk.

That must be how lowly he thinks of himself.. poor guy.

I'm super excited for Caulifra. I always liked the idea that that legendary SSJ that appears every 1000 years is something different from our super saiyans, it's a nice retcon that I don't mind becoming canon. It's a shame that it was always attached to a character as shallow as Broly, but now they can finally fix that.

Slaythe

The fights have been less and less solid since the BuuHan exhibition matches. Those were great. Goku's matches were less so, and now everything else is falling back into giving me a meh impression. Though, Krillin vs Goku had surprisingly sick choreography. I feel kinda obnoxious being down on it like this in the face of your optimism, but I will say the general direction overall seems improved for this arc so far.

Krillin vs 18 was nice in this episode, did anyone bring that up yet?

Also, for the few people who thought Cabba might get SSB by the tournament, I guess this episode proves that ain't happening.

Hey you're not obnoxious at all. You have the right to be displeased, especially when it's said in a such an elaborated way.

That's my take on it :

Buu and Gohan = great

Goku fights = shit (I can't tell if it's because we've seen Goku fight the same way so much in Super that it became painfully boring or if that was a production issue, but I read they lacked time more than usual for those)

Trunks vs Goten = short but cute and well done

Krilin vs Gohan = bad

Krilin vs Goku = sick

Goku vs Buu = passable

Pride troopers shit = good

Goku vs 17 = I wouldn't call the 17 vs Goku fight "meh" even if you disliked the Tateisms, for it's ambitious storyboarding (it wasn't flat like a lot of fights) and its pacing that was easily one of the best in Super outside of maybe episode 13. We had an uninterrupted fight, it was just Goku and 17, nothing else in between, and I thought that was pretty satisfying ! And the use of the colors and detailed animations (water splash, lightnings, wind etc...) were only matched by 2 episodes I can think of. :p Personally I loved it thanks to the characters, art direction and special effects. If Tate can correct the bluray version great, if not I'm ok with how it looks. There's not much to correct to be honest :) .

Poacher stuff = unambitious as they were weaklings, but the movements were fluid enough and had some nice shots.

Piccolo vs Gohan = Heh. Wasn't really impressive visually, I wouldn't call it "bad" because what is "bad" in Super is the legitimately awful crap, and that wasn't one of them.

18 vs Krilin = Great but short

And next week's Goku vs Roshi looks great from the NEP !

So all in all, it's not a bad average, considering they can't always be on top of their game ;) .

HeroR

Champa: "Bring me more Saiyans that are stronger than you."
Almost brings back someone who can't walk.

Well, that is his master. It is not different that Goku bringing his 300 years old master who has been retired for decades to the tournament.

That must be how lowly he thinks of himself.. poor guy.

I don't think so. It is more of 'who's the strongest guy I know, oh my teacher!'. Also, having a bad limb never stopped someone from being a badass.

Could have used it here.

GIF-Dragon-Ball-Super-Episode-22-Piccolo-tagoma.gif

Oh nevermind, he hadn't trained for 7 minutes back then. My bad.

I love Togama's face here. It is especially funny since several posters on Kanzenshuu are claiming that Gohan's base form wasn't stronger than Piccolo in Resurrection 'F' and Piccolo was suppressed the entire time since he still have his weights on and stuff. Never mind that weighted Piccolo only gets like a 20% increase, you would think Piccolo would go all out on the person who tore his arm off like it was a stick. But nope, he was suppressed.

CryptiK

Brassica oleracea.

Caulifra isn't really a Fembroly because she's probably going to have a personality.

Im just saying Caulifra = Cauliflower and Broli = Broccoli

Both are very similar vegetables, her hair looks like it matches with the Brolina SS form, so its easy to assume that its her.

caliph95

I love Togama's face here. It is especially funny since several posters on Kanzenshuu are claiming that Gohan's base form wasn't stronger than Piccolo in Resurrection 'F' and Piccolo was suppressed the entire time since he still have his weights on and stuff. Never mind that weighted Piccolo only gets like a 20% increase, you would think Piccolo would go all out on the person who tore his arm off like it was a stick. But nope, he was suppressed.
He was obviously just holding back

HeroR

He was obviously just holding back

Yeah, who needs you full power against the guy who no sells your attack, tears your arm off, and tries to kill your surrogate son. Oh, he didn't need to be at full power either when Ginyu took Tagoma's body and wasted everyone.

That was only in the movie though. In super's version, Goku had powered down to base before getting shott.

Even in Super, Goku's base form is on par with Super Saiyan God. The same Super Saiyan God that punched Beerus' Death Ball to dust.

Slaythe

That was only in the movie though. In super's version, Goku had powered down to base before getting shott.

Base Goku is on God Goku level at this point though. The point was that he let his guard down.

Yeah, who needs you full power against the guy who no sells your attack, tears your arm off, and tries to kill your surrogate son. Oh, he didn't need to be at full power either when Ginyu took Tagoma's body and wasted everyone.

Maybe Piccolo was playing the long game and it was all an elaborate plan to motivate Gohan to train again.

What a dedicated father.

caliph95

Even in Super, Goku's base form is on par with Super Saiyan God. The same Super Saiyan God that punched Beerus' Death Ball to dust.
I was joking it's hard to tell and i want to make sure it's hard to tell
I wonder how does the manga handle that scene when Saiyan God is an actual form there

L Thammy

It's not the first time for the series though, like how Majin Vegeta ends a long and tough fight with Goku by hitting him once when he's distracted.

I wonder how does the manga handle that scene when Saiyan God is an actual form there

Simple enough. Just remember two things:

- the manga sux
- saiyan beyond god is confusing so it didn't happen

HeroR

I was joking too, but I didn't show it well. Sorry about that.

I am just kind of frustrated with the people on Kanzenshuu since they think the anime retcon the entire power scale, without telling anyone apparently, to better match the manga. Why? Reasons. The Piccolo being stronger than base form Gohan during the Resurrection 'F' Saga because they can't believe Piccolo jumped so much since then is probably the dumbest thing over there.

Which scene?

That was filler.

I think they mean if Goku's 'new form' is him talking godhood into his base, something like Ultimate Gohan. If that does happens, it will kill the two-base theory since that is basically what the super powerful base form is.

ezodagrom

Base Goku is on God Goku level at this point though. The point was that he let his guard down.
I don't think he's using god ki all the time in base though (or at the very least he's not always at full power/"god Goku level" in base).

When bringing up that super differs from the movie, I wasn't trying to say that surprise attacks aren't effective though, just that the Goku getting shot situation wasn't as extreme in the super version.

There's always this when it comes to surprise attacks examples. xd

tumblr_o8xttgbEdd1rey868o1_400.gif

LaNaranja

Father/Son Special Beam Cannon when?

Episode was fantastic. I appreciated Piccolo calling out Gohan on his shitty shitty bullshit attitude problem whenever he has the upper hand.

HeroR

]I don't think he's using god ki all the time in base though [/B](or at the very least he's not always at full power/"god Goku level" in base).

When bringing up that super differs from the movie, I wasn't trying to say that surprise attacks aren't effective though, just that the Goku getting shot situation wasn't as extreme in the super version.

There's always this when it comes to surprise attacks examples. xd

tumblr_o8xttgbEdd1rey868o1_400.gif

Goku's base form never had god ki. This was explicitly noted in the Battle of Gods Saga when Goku lost his Super Saiyan God form. Everyone felt his ki because he wasn't a god anymore, yet Goku kept the power of godhood. This is emphasized again in the Resurrection 'F' Saga where everyone felt Goku's ki fighting true form Frieza, yet couldn't feel Goku as a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

sakyot

Just watched it with subtitles, much better...
Piccolo saying this is not gohan's power limit even after his ultimate form.

Are we hinting something here?
Is gohan going up and above?

Jindrax

Lost my shit. Mystic Gohan is best.

I hope the "lose your arrogance" doesn't turn him into a goofy character.
I mean when he came down to fuck up Buu he was beyond bad ass.

Just watched it with subtitles, much better...
Piccolo saying this is not gohan's power limit even after his ultimate form.

Are we hinting something here?
Is gohan going up and above?

I'm still crossing my fingers for an Ultimate upgrade that does the same double aura that Ikari does, just with a white aura on top of the blue one instead of gold.

stryke

Eh, episode was alright. I appreciate the return of Ultimate/Mystic/whateverthefuckitscalled Gohan but it was disappointing that Piccolo pretty much talked him the way there.

"dude you got more power"
"oh right" *powers up*
done

Addressing his arrogance was good though and as hinted in the end I'm more excited about the strategies that Gohan and Piccolo might come up with together than Gohan somehow maybe reaching another power level with 9hrs left.

LNBL

Damn the episode was much better to watch with subs. Piccolo is a great master for Gohan and GOAT dad reconfirmed

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yep. It was cool that they went with Mystic Gohan. I kinda hope they keep Gohan with a unique transformation that rivals Blue instead of just going Blue.
They probably will. I don't see anyone else getting Blue, thankfully. Each character having something unique is more ideal.

Good ep, glad Gohan is getting back on track. Hopefully he destroys the turtle gi during training and Piccolo gives him the GOAT namek gear again.

Hyped for Roshi next ep. Hopefully he'll use his Lightning Surprise attack at some point, always loved that.

HeroR

They probably will. I don't see anyone else getting Blue, thankfully. Each character having something unique is more ideal.

They will probably just make Gohan's Ultimate form stronger than give him any new form. They kinda have to give Trunks something since Super Saiyan 2 wasn't going to cut it and giving him Super Saiyan 3 wasn't going to save him either. So I can understand why Toei gave him his own Super Saiyan form. If they didn't, he would be like Trunks in the Super manga who stands back and let daddy Vegeta and uncle Goku handle everything while he give commentary.

You know, manga Future Trunks is more useless than his Cell Games counterpart and Anime Vegeta would smacked Manga Trunks shit for sitting back and depending on others to fight.

PS: Sorry about the manga rant.

Yea, he's kind of a sad sack and honestly the jokes seem a little mean spirited.

Exactly!

Yamcha had his day when he beat SSB in the baseball episode.

I doubt Roshi,Tien,Krillin can score any big wins in this ToP arc.
He did have that moment and you're right, it was an important moment.

In a few arcs we're going to need a bad guy the group has an attachment to, and Yamcha can fulfill that category.

At least we're laughing with Yamcha, and not at him.

I agree with all of this.

I know we love joking about Piccolo being Gohan's father but their chemistry together really is so damn good, and I am not surprised at Gohan's potential to continue growing afterall its been stated multiple times that he has the most potential of all the Saiyans on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom