• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 won't download anything despite having space?

DedValve

Banned
So I have around 80gb of free space left and my PS4 refuses to download anything, games or updates. The notification says its because I don't have enough free space but stuff like the latest rocket league update or even small games I am no longer able to download.

So far I've tried:

* completely turning off the PS4 and turning it on
* restarting it
* Rebulding database
* deleting notifications

I also tried contacting playstation support but apparently they aren't open at this time =/

Anyone else experience this?

DedValve

Banned
I don't get any error code. I just get sent to system storage management.

But even if it has to be the size of the game Rocket Leage is only 8gb. Lets say it has another 8gb in patches (does it?) I should still have more than enough for it, even if we double that 16gb + the 25gb of reserved space I should still have 39gb of free space left assuming I'm understanding this whole, very complicated process.

fernoca

It has been a glitch of sorts for some time. You need around 100 to 120GB always free. Try erasing some stuff untill 100GB are free and try again.

DedValve

Banned
It has been a glitch of sorts for some time. You need around 100 to 120GB always free. Try erasing some stuff untill 100GB are free and try again.

Oh so no matter what I need 100-120gb free?

Well shit. Is there any way to delete patches off games?

EDIT: Thanks for the information btw and everyone else for trying to figure it out :)

fernoca

Oh so no matter what I need 100-120gb free?

Well shit. Is there any way to delete patches off games?

EDIT: Thanks for the information btw and everyone else for trying to figure it out :)
Not patches. If anything, try deleting a game you have a disc and don't play as much.

Had this problem some time ago. I had to delete all notifications in the "uploads" and "downloads" tabs.
In the latest firmware update you can't delete download/upload notifications. Unless it's a hidden option now.

That helped in some cases, though.

DedValve

Banned
Not patches. If anything, try deleting a game you have a disc and don't pay as much.

In the latest firmware update you can't delete download/upload notifications. Unless it's a hidden option now.

Welp, I'll finish batman some other time. Damn, time to invest in a hdd. Whats the biggest size a PS4 can take? 2tb?

It may help to consider some games just add patches while some others redownload the entire game patched. he safe bet is doubling the game/patch download. But I don't think that is what always happens.

I don't think that is true. I never have that much free and I'm always ok. The only time I deleted more games is with BF1; I had around 40GB and was told it wasn't enough.

jwk94

So I have around 80gb of free space left and my PS4 refuses to download anything, games or updates. The notification says its because I don't have enough free space but stuff like the latest rocket league update or even small games I am no longer able to download.

So far I've tried:

* completely turning off the PS4 and turning it on
* restarting it
* Rebulding database
* deleting notifications

I also tried contacting playstation support but apparently they aren't open at this time =/

Anyone else experience this?
This is a bug that's been there for over a year. Until sony finally fixes it you'll just need to delete stuff until you can download something.

DedValve

Banned
can confirm, just worked. Rocket league, Overwatch and SFV downloading their patches.

Also jesus at these patches.

Thanks fernoca and everyone else!

Velikost

You can, you just don't hold down options on them anymore. Instead, you hit X and choose hide/delete.

OP the PS4 is very finicky with the amount of free space you need, but you should have enough to download a patch at least. Make sure you have only one patch queued to download (delete all others from the download list), although from the OP it seems like you did that?

Kind of at a loss here

fernoca

can confirm, just worked. Rocket league, Overwatch and SFV downloading their patches.

Also jesus at these patches.

Thanks fernoca and everyone else!
Good to know. Kinda sucks but it helps in the meantime.
You can, you just don't hold down options on them anymore. Instead, you hit X and choose hide/delete.
Also good to know. Just pressed Options and assumed they got rid of the options and did the obvious of auto-deleting them. XD

Top Bottom