• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
when they said that was it back when seasons were 50 eps long or after they decided that seasons 2 and 3 need to be split up to make seasons 2-5 instead :p?

Oh yeah. I guess we're still a long ways off, then?

I'm standing by that Homeworld statement, though.

zulux21

Oh yeah. I guess we're still a long ways off, then?

I'm standing by that Homeworld statement, though.

well mine was a question not a statement, but yeah it really depends on when it was said given that for a while steven universe was confirmed for 3 seasons each of 50 or so episodes and then one day we got seasons 4 and 5 confirmed, but also had the episode count of 2/3 cut in half at the same time resulting in the same number of episodes @_@

that being said, they could easily kick things into high gear soon and go crazy for the 5th season and end the homeworld storyline (and possibly series)

given though that we are going to end season 4 soon and likely start season 5, and they haven't announced that season 5 will be the end like they did with the next season of adventure time, I still figure there are pretty good odds for more SU after season 5 given it pulls good ratings still.

plus it seems weird to have all the toy deals really start up as you get to the end of the series.

and despite how much CN loves teen titans they do have to pretend they air other shows from time to time.

Zap2It has four new episode titles that take place after the upcoming Bomb. They're listed as "Season 4", but it's possible that they're actually Season 5?

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/steven-universe/episode-guide/EP01616432?aid=zap2it

S04, E25
Stuck Together

S04, E26
The Trial

S04, E27
Off Colors

S04, E28
Lars' Head

If they're still doing 26 episode seasons, then Ep 26
The Trial
sounds pretty ominous and appropriate for a season finale. But then again, it would be weird if they had a Steven Bomb and then had the final two Season 4 episodes outside of the bomb.

Psxphile

episode 25 sounds like a
'fusion gone wrong' scenario
, but it could literally just be another Steven/Onion episode so I'll hold off on speculations

Need. New. Steven. Universe. Episodes.

tenor.gif

RedHill

Banned
CN had to have secretly renewed, right? They're still doing working on the show and I can't imagine the last half is still not scripted/storyboarded

Psxphile

And? Rebecca leaving AT didn't mark the end of that show. What does CN expect to have without SU? Isn't teen titans go ending soon?

And it may mean they're winding down production. Or maybe not. Though I'm sure if they were we'd already be hearing rumblings about it ala Adventure Time last year.

No news is good news, I suppose.

Jofamo

They've been ramping up the merchandising for Steven Universe. New Funko Pops, new toys, comics and much more. That stuff takes a long time to take off, and I don't think it's something they'd do for a series that's nearing an end anytime soon.

Im assuming its ending after season 5 until we get any word on a renewal.There's only ~40 confirmed episodes left, not sure why they wouldnt announce more by now if there was more. Also apparently rebecca said that she wrote season 5's ending into "one hell of a corner" a while back.

They've been ramping up the merchandising for Steven Universe. New Funko Pops, new toys, comics and much more. That stuff takes a long time to take off, and I don't think it's something they'd do for a series that's nearing an end anytime soon.
This is the key thing for me. CN is absolutely not acting like this is a show that's ending any time soon.

I think the biggest example is Save the Light, which is a full-fledged console game. I highly doubt Cartoon Network would have green-lit that game if Steven Universe was ending next season.

I mean, the Legend of Korra game came out after that show ended, so I guess anything's possible? But either way, the increased amount of merch coming out puts me at ease.

....Now where my season BluRays at. :mad:

EDIT: Plus, they're still recording VO at a steady pace! https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXDh9hh-Ky/

Adventure Time is ending next season, and I'm fairly certain they've wrapped in-house production on the last episode. VO might be a different story, but I remember seeing the AT voice actors mention it was their final recording a few months ago.

Ruflux

Neo Member
Zap2It has four new episode titles that take place after the upcoming Bomb. They're listed as "Season 4", but it's possible that they're actually Season 5?

If they're still doing 26 episode seasons, then Ep 26
The Trial
sounds pretty ominous and appropriate for a season finale. But then again, it would be weird if they had a Steven Bomb and then had the final two Season 4 episodes outside of the bomb.

I'm a little late on this, but this season's finale should be ep 24, because Gem Harvest was double length and thus took up two production codes and the new batch of shorts also took up one production code (similar to how Bismuth took up two episode slots and the S2 shorts took up one episode). Which would mean episode 25 is actually the S5 premiere.

TheOGB

Banned
All the show titles are italicized in the article, and the episode titles in quotes. They're just talking about the characters there.

2-minute previews have been leaked(?) purposely released(?)..honestly I don't know. But here's a screen of
Topaz and Aquamarine
: https://extraimage.net/images/2017/05/01/da25a375ee3f48ccb7a9c2e99c3cbcb3.jpg

Huge spoilers obviously, so click at your own risk.

Oh man, I'm really unsettled by
Topaz absorbing abductees into herself. That stuff really creeps me out, especially with characters that we've known for so long. I imagine that Connie being abducted is what really sets Steven off.

With the episodes so close and readily available all at once on the Cartoon Network app on Friday, I'll just look at the screenshots and avoid the 2-minute previews. Since it's a definite multi-episode storyline, the two-minute previews will probably spoil the endings of previous episodes.

Psxphile

Yeah actually I'm still not sure where people first got those names from. I first heard about them a week ago... what the hell? Can anyone confirm the leaked previews say their names? I really don't want to see them with the full bomb being released in a few days.

karby

Yeah actually I'm still not sure where people first got those names from. I first heard about them a week ago... what the hell? Can anyone confirm the leaked previews say their names? I really don't want to see them with the full bomb being released in a few days.

One of the two minute previews name them both.

About the designs....
I'm kinda disappointed. Yellow one is alright. But blue...looks like it is "incomplete". Like it is a character on a different show.

Oh man, I'm really unsettled by
Topaz absorbing abductees into herself. That stuff really creeps me out, especially with characters that we've known for so long. I imagine that Connie being abducted is what really sets Steven off.

Of all things, it's giving me flashbacks to
the Pokemon movie with Jirachi and that super messed up Groudon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom