• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

I spent 20k on a Veteran pack. I don't get the pack, instead I get a disconnect and an error message telling me to talk to customer support. :(

If the number of credits you have changed, then you still got everything in the pack (even if the "new" markers don't show up)

Well I think I got a knife, but what good is that to me? I miss the laser that was originally on it.

Does Infiltrator slow dow like usual? I'm think of changing class because I love me some rifle

Only if you're using the Widow. The recharge speed on my Widow II is -4%. The other rifles keep the percentage high, and that's before you equip other weapons.

Neki

My tag is tehneki on Origin, add me guys! need someone to play with. Also, how do I set new hot keys for abilities? my combat drone is stuck somewhere off my toolbar, but is accessible when I press shift.

Complistic

The smg's are absolutely terrible now. That heavy pistol with the scope is crazy good too, like better than most assault rifles.

lol balance.

ShaneB

I was playing on pc the past couple days, and today I finally loaded up the 360 version. It just feels clunkier. Running felt all sorts of wierd, and my weapon wheel just didn't want to work for some reason.

Is this normal for folks? I feel like I just want to play single player on 360, and multiplayer on pc, lol

jgminto

I just turned the smg into a bullet hose. Extended mags and heat sink. Got a solid 14 seconds constant fire. Too bad the damage is so piss poor.

RS4-

Man, silver gives a shit load of money if you can finish it. 40k just for a single objective lol.

Nearly 200k XP for finishing the whole mission.

rozay

Banned
Well I think I got a knife, but what good is that to me? I miss the laser that was originally on it.

Does Infiltrator slow dow like usual? I'm think of changing class because I love me some rifle

I think the changes are for the better because in ME2 there weren't really a lot of differences from the carnifex aside from the laser targeting. Would be cool if it still had it but scopes>>>>

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uh guys...has this happened to anybody else? (By the way this is me playing, and being completely mind-raped)

I Must Go, The Milky Way Needs Me

Yes. On the White Firebase or whatever on PS3. I was at the very buttom "level" of the map and meleed someone and suddenly clipped through the floor. Was stuck there for the rest of the wave. As soon as the wave completed I was put back on the map where someone would "respawn" if they died during the wave. Weird.

Is it just me or Tech Armor is useless?

It's useless because it's not what you think it is as the singleplayer/main storyline series drills into your head. AFAIK, it works on a "press-the-button" to detonate/start cooldown mode. Completely underwhelming and a suicide/fools errand to use.

Also like I said before: Warp is completely neutered even if you give it damage buffs and cooldowns over shield buffs. It's either bugs or the multiplayer is completely different from what is drilled into your head in the singleplayer.

And yes, the Carnifex + pistol scope and pistol damage buff = crazy good if you aren't getting pinged to death by enemies. And the SMG isn't terrible, but it isn't on full "spray and pray" mode. It has a semi-auto fire mode lock. It's a good back-up if you don't have a Carnifex/don't want to use pistols.

Wow, been trying to connect to a game on Live for the past hour and keeps telling me my connection to the EA servers is lost, all the damn time. Fuck this shit.

RS4-

Tech armor is terrible.

I haven't tried gold yet; did run through silver a few times though. I love the random factor. There are times where you'd fight 5 or more atlas's in the late waves, other times its just a bunch of phantoms.

I do like the infiltrator class though, spamming cryo and nades.

Have been lucking out with the vet packs. Got the Drell vanguard and Krogan soldier, forgot who else I unlocked. Got some platinum weapons and a gold shotgun.

deim0s

It's useless because it's not what you think it is as the singleplayer/main storyline series drills into your head. AFAIK, it works on a "press-the-button" to detonate/start cooldown mode. Completely underwhelming and a suicide/fools errand to use.

Also like I said before: Warp is completely neutered even if you give it damage buffs and cooldowns over shield buffs. It's either bugs or the multiplayer is completely different from what is drilled into your head in the singleplayer.

Damn man. Thanks for the explanation - Sentinel is useless. I'd be better rolling-up an Infiltrator class (just like everybody else).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I think I got the Widow in my first pack lol

Then I hate you too.

I got a second sniper rifle today. Worse than the original.

The Viper? On Bronze with just a few character upgrades, you can get one-shot headshots, and you have five shots standard.

I got the Widow in my first veteran pack, and while it's cool it's just way too heavy for me to really use.

If only you could give it away - to me.

Although it seems crazy powerful Atlus isn't too bad to deal with. Most of my annoyance is 1v1 with crazy barrier melee lady. As Engineer, turrets are easy to deal with. Just throw overloads and incinerates, but people go dumb with turrets and get killed easily.

Also people should really pay attention to the type of enemy that drops turret, and aim for him.

Remmy2112

Damn man. Thanks for the explanation - Sentinel is useless. I'd be better rolling-up an Infiltrator class (just like everybody else).

As the player of a level 19 Sentinel I can safely say that Tech Armor is not "useless." It just doesn't function well if you're trying to use its detonate feature. For my guy I went with additional protection, increased power damage/force, and reducing the recharge penalty by 30%. I survive far longer than most. For powers I opted to max Throw before Warp and do not regret it. Throw has half the CD and does great damage to health and takes off about 3-6 bars of shields on Centurions, Nemeses, and Engineers. It'll also one hit Nemeses who have their shields broken. All in all it's one of the best abilities I've found for giving yourself breathing room.

Edit: Only downside I've found to Throw is that you don't get credit for Biotic kills with it if the enemy is killed by collision damage. You only get credit if they die from the initial hit before they get flung.

Mindlog

The smg's are absolutely terrible now. That heavy pistol with the scope is crazy good too, like better than most assault rifles.

lol balance.
For some reason I like using the Hornet on an Adept.

My last veteran crate I unlocked a Krogan soldier. I don't play soldier, but Krogan. With most classes I know the 3 skills I want to invest in fully. I want all of the Krogan's abilities :\

The Blood Rage stuff is great.

For some reason I like using the Hornet on an Adept.

My last veteran crate I unlocked a Krogan soldier. I don't play soldier, but Krogan. With most classes I know the 3 skills I want to invest in fully. I want all of the Krogan's abilities :\

The Blood Rage stuff is great.

And absolutely brutal. I haven't tried gold yet, but on silver, I can one-shot Centurions and Nemesi with a power melee while the three-in-a-row buff is active.

Neki

me and rac played for like 5 hours. engineer is so fun. overload for aoe damage + cc, and incinerate for that single target dps. if I ever get a quarian engineer, I'll be spamming sentries too.

Arjen

Man i can't wait to see what other enemies and stages are in the full game.
I would love to play with gaffers to take on the higher difficulty waves.

Xboxlive: ArjenB NL

GSR

Was running Engineer with two other Engineers and a Sentinel. It was beautiful, we were just working perfectly as a group. Eventually one of the other Engineers and a Sentinel left, but me and the remaining Engineer took it to wave 10 on White. Granted, this was all on bronze, but it was a heck of a time.

Serious

It's not the optimal to play engineer, but I have to say, I am loving the shotgun on the (Human) Engineer. The scoped Phalanx is too good to pass up, but with the weight affecting talents, most of which you'd take anyways, I don't lose that much recharge time bringing the Scimitar along as well. Engineer can play surprisingly aggressively with the proper Overload talents (Neural and at least one chain), and the maps provide plenty of opportunities for flanking and close quarter combat in general.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Finally won a bronze game earlier all cause I finally had a team where we all stuck close together and beat the shit out of everything. It was awesome. Tons of firing, warp, singularity and cryo shots went down.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Played for about 5 hours with some friends earlier before getting into a few pub games after they quit. Mostly playing around with my 19 soldier. I wish I had picked up the area effect for concussive shot. So many times there are multiple enemies all bunched up and I can only hit one at a time. :/

Ended up carrying 3 games on bronze with lower level allies. Had one nice match with a 9 Vanguard who held her own really well. Had two others where I was the last one standing on one of the later rounds only to have half the team quit because apparently I couldn't kill everyone fast enough for their taste. The last round had some really good teamwork with a Turian Sentinel where we each dropped about 5 times in the extraction zone on Ghost, but we both managed to survive and started to push the enemy back in the last 15 seconds.

I've stopped buying Veteran packs for a little while. Recruit packs have been getting me all my weapon upgrades so I'm working on those for a bit. Most weapons are IV or V now, except my Avenger which is VII.

Top Bottom