• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I feel this image in a teaser implies Sony is getting Crash back

khaaan

I've been playing Crash 1 on my new Vita. It's amazing how good the OLED screen makes these ancient games look.

This better happen. Next gen Crash ftw. Also, I love that Activision is represented by a garbage bin.

This is possible? I thought the Crash platformers were incompatible even if you transfer from PS3.

Please Sony, take back Crash.

Nolan North voice over describing aspect of world mythology.

Table with artifacts on it.

"Uncharted 4"

Crash spins through logo and table, changing it to Crash 4.

"Created and developed by Naughty Dog"

10,000 Banderas posts.

Orca

After they took Spyro and turned it into a billion dollar franchise, why in the world would Activision ever sell off an old IP?

Jonboy

Bend did a good job on the Vita Uncharted so they have experience working with ND. Maybe they're doing it? I agree with others in that I'd rather ND be working on Uncharted or a new IP.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
No, man. We need Crash back in full force. $60 retail game.

Retail game yes. Full price no. I mean I'd certainly pay for it, but I feel that a game like Crash in this day and age wouldn't succeed at that price point. That's actually something I really like about Sony recently. They've been pricing their platformers lower than their normal huge releases. Sly, Puppeteer, Tearaway all got cheaper prices. I think taking this approach with a Crash reboot would be great.

pantsmith

Holy crap.

I had a theory based on the admission that Naughty Dog was originally going to develop/produce/whatever Playstation All-Stars that maybe they had gotten him back. Its well deserved too, given the state of the series.

Mondy

Banned
If this where a hint from Sony, they shouldn't have represent Activision as trash, its a major partner. I doubt the marketing agency to do this on their own.

Watching the video, I don't think the bin factors in at all. It's just Crash ---> Sony.

This is possible? I thought the Crash platformers were incompatible even if you transfer from PS3.

Please Sony, take back Crash.

I didn't transfer from PS3, I downloaded directly from the PSN onto Vita.

Tourmeta

After they took Spyro and turned it into a billion dollar franchise, why in the world would Activision ever sell off an old IP?

Skylanders is basically its own thing now after the first game, I believe? and Crash is not exactly making them money afaik, it's been on halt since about 2008.

LAA

Nolan North voice over describing aspect of world mythology.

Table with artifacts on it.

"Uncharted 4"

Crash spins through logo and table, changing it to Crash 4.

"Created and developed by Naughty Dog"

10,000 Banderas posts.

...That would be AMAZING, ha ha.
Want to watch this live, but... 4am... a little late really. I just hope to god there's a video up to watch when I wake up!

As for Spyro... ALL MY MONIES SONY IF YOU BRING THAT BACK!
I think Activision may be a little hesitant to give back Spyro..., but really yeah, Skylanders doesnt need Spyro at all, Spyro is just being wasted and left for dead there (Hes already dead to me at this point anyway), so I'd hope Activision would realise that.

sublimit

Banned
If this happens then i will never stop bothering Sony to also get Spyro and Insomniac back together on their console.

Current naughty dog isn't exactly the same as the old ND who make Crash Bandicoot. We don't know if they still have it to make pure platformer like crash again considering they've focus more on great storytelling in games nowadays.

The big man behind Crash Bandicoot... Jason Rubin isn't a nobody.

jwBubGZQ5GqR8.jpg

iMerc

would be cool.
however, sony & naughty dog seem to have abandoned the platformer genre and relegated it to '2nd tier' genre in their list of priorities.

would be great to see another ND developed crash though.

Sin

I've a feeling if Sony had ANY interest at all in trying to get Crash, it would have been done for Mark Cerny's launch title (i.e. what is Knack).

This is a fun interpretation of the image but seems pretty tenuous :p

Well, it takes time to make a game, and the Crash deal could have happened recently.

Trago

I can't remember where I read it, but Andy Gavin had an interview with some website saying that if Crash was to make a comeback, he'd want it to be more open, sort of like Mario 64, but with the Crash Bandicoot style.

Sony NEEDS a Mascot to help sell their systems to wider audiences. The have enough for the core crowd. If they can get Crash on the face of Playstation again, that would be awesome.

I would only want this if Jason Rubin is back in charge of the project. Otherwise... No thanks.

Edit:
I don't think a Crash game by Naughty Dog is something I would be excited about. A Crash game from Media Molecule with Rubin leading... yes.

mackattk

This would be the killer game for me if they could recapture the magic that Crash Bandicoot once had. If it is some time of open world bullshit then it will be a tragedy.

Perkel

Banned
"DAMNNN dude its CRASH ! I remember playing it long time ago. MEGATON"
Sony announces Crash
"WOHOOOO"
4 month later crash hits stores:
"Its platformed it sucks"

Mr-Joker

Banned
If this is true I will be happy but nervous as the original people who made Crash 2 and 3 are no longer at Naughty Dog.

Personally I felt that Crash 2 was the best in the series, then again I am properly being blinded by nostalgia.

I hope it's Crash Bash 2.

I hope it isn't, as I hated Crash Bash as a kid I was excepting it to be a fighting game.

Is this an important series for Sony? I enjoyed the original games but I don't think it would propel me to best buy any quicker to buy a ps4.

Crash was Sony unofficial mascot, but I agree with your point the world has moved on from Crash.

Mikey Jr.

I honestly don't think Crash would work anymore. We've moved on from that stye of gameplay.

They can try it. I have nothing against it and God bless 'em if they try. But it feels like a 80k lifetime sold type of game.

UrbanRats

Why would they, i wonder.
He was an obsolutely horrible mascot.

If you have to, bring back Jak&Dexter (you know, the ones from the first game).

"DAMNNN dude its CRASH ! I remember playing it long time ago. MEGATON"
Sony announces Crash
"WOHOOOO"
4 month later crash hits stores:
"Its platformed it sucks"

"It sucks. It's like that sony game that came out last year from that dude Matt Cerny or something. It was called Krack, right? I can't remember, but it feels dated"

Edit: Crap. It wasn't intended to be a second post but an edit of my first.

Pachimari

This would be the biggest megaton ever, and my biggest dream come true.

I just want a proper Crash Bandicoot 4, maybe open world ala Jak & Daxter or just keep it the same as the trilogy for nostalgia sake.

Then I want a Crash Team Racing 2 and then Crash Bash 2.

Bring it on Sony! Are you reading this forum? Bring it!

If this is true I will be happy but nervous as the original people who made Crash 2 and 3 are no longer at Naughty Dog.

Personally I felt that Crash 2 was the best in the series, then again I am properly being blinded by nostalgia.

I hope it isn't, as I hated Crash Bash as a kid I was excepting it to be a fighting game.

Crash was Sony unofficial mascot, but I agree with your point the world has moved on from Crash.
Where did those people go, besides Jason Rubin?

sn00zer

If they bring back crash...uh how the hell would they do it? Super linear levels again? No way newcomers would buy that

Cornbread78

Crash was one of my first games on PS1 (Crash/Bushido Blade Bundle) as a grown man now, I think I would still have fun playing the game... It would be amazing if they bought the IP back from Activision, it's not like they are using it anyway.

Now Spyro... Activision would never sell it now after all the Skylanders figures, etc...

Feorax

If they bring back crash...uh how the hell would they do it? Super linear levels again? No way newcomers would buy that

Why not? Rayman did pretty well, as did NSMB. There is absolutely still room on the market for a linear platformer.

Beelzebubs

Only extra thing I noticed in the trailer was a given anyway, there's a shop called Drakes Antiques and Cid's Barber Shop at 0:25.

Final Fantasy and Uncharted!

Seik

Banned
Woah, okay that would be awesome.

I only loved Sony's Crash anyway. Pretty much hated anything related to his redesign.

Top Bottom