• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Wild lands - DF PS4pro/X1X comparison

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
There will be some types of threads that are more heavily monitored by the moderation team, perhaps not surprisingly, this will be one of those threads.

Digital Foundry threads are interesting but can veer off topic really quickly due to a small number of less than ideal posts. Lets all do what we can here to ensure that this doesn’t happen and if people do make posts that aren’t appropriate, please do not acknowledge or reply to them as that just draws attention to where it shouldn’t be and then becomes a part of the issue. Just let us know so they can be dealt with as quietly as possible with the absolute minimum of disruption to this thread.

Thank you.

There will be some types of threads that are more heavily monitored by the moderation team, perhaps not surprisingly, this will be one of those threads.

Digital Foundry threads are interesting but can veer off topic really quickly due to a small number of less than ideal posts. Lets all do what we can here to ensure that this doesn’t happen and if people do make posts that aren’t appropriate, please do not acknowledge or reply to them as that just draws attention to where it shouldn’t be and then becomes a part of the issue. Just let us know so they can be dealt with as quietly as possible with the absolute minimum of disruption to this thread.

Thank you.
Thanks for taking your time out of your weekend to moderate an internet forum instead

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Thanks for taking your time out of your weekend to moderate an internet forum instead
Well, I\m working anyway and I do receive notifications from Digital Foundry so I'm not really doing anything that's out of the way.

Fortunately, moving forwards there will hopefully be a more subtle way to make it obvious to people when a particular thread under is much closer scrutiny than others and it will do this without the need for us to comment in the thread as I have done in this one. That way the thread should flow better without interruption but it will still be very clear to all that it is being heavily monitored.

I have made two pretty large posts in this thread, which I hope makes sense to people but I will ask that people don't reply to this post so that the thread can back onto what it's about. 😉

Thank you.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
This really shouldn't be so complicated.

If you're getting in the way of threads then you're simply not going to be welcome in those threads and action will be taken to remedy that. Again, if somebody is posting inappropriately DO NOT ENGAGE THEM AS YOU THEN BECOME A PART OF THE ISSUE THAT YOU'RE UNHAPPY WITH.

I can't believe that anybody reading this really needs to be told that.

We don't want to stop people having fun and ban posts like the ones bellow, they may not add anything to the topic but they are equally as good/bad as each other. The simple truth is that you can't be happy with one and not with the other.
Member 1 said:
BEAST
E
A
S
T
Member 2 said:
A true 30fps BEAST.

I'd really like this discussion to carry on so I'm going to ask people please to not quote my post so the thread can get back on topic. I've now posted three times and I'd much rather not have had to do that.

Thank you.

JP

Looks pretty damn good to me, I've spent endless hours playing the PS4/PS4 Pro version and the enhancements did make a real difference to me so it's really positive to seeing the X version expand on these enhancements.

I wouldn't buy it again as I still have a few things to tidy up on the Pro version but I would recommend the game game to people, even if you're playing on the base version of either console.

It may even be quite cheap in the sales at the moment.

Mr Moose

Nice.

Biggest difference for me is the ground textures/higher AF.
I still need to finish this game, might hop on it today.

great stuff again for the X

This was one of the first titles I tried on the X. Coming from the worst console version to the best I was floored. I knew there was more than just a resolution bump. Ubisoft has been pretty good with their x updates. Next up will probably be For Honor comparison which will be probably similar to this. Great patch on this one.

quickwhips

i need to pick this game up when i get my x at christmas. Looks really good. I thought the beta was great but then work got the best of me and I didn't buy it.

belmonkey

The X version looks great, I wonder how much a PC that matches that would cost...

Unsure. Did DF say what settings they thought the X was running at? Here's a PC with a 1060 (from 9 months ago) running the game at ~4k medium-high (200% resolution scale, which is a bit less demanding than 4k,but I think more than 1800p). Almost always stays at 30 fps, aside from a few dips now and again.

https://youtu.be/ypFA5gbSaV0

Wow half the thread pruned
Back on topic.....the game is still pretty popular to play online and it's pretty cheap so it's well worth checking out....the patch is just gravy

solis74

This was one of the first titles I tried on the X. Coming from the worst console version to the best I was floored. I knew there was more than just a resolution bump. Ubisoft has been pretty good with their x updates. Next up will probably be For Honor comparison which will be probably similar to this. Great patch on this one.

yeah ubi are good at putting the effort in.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Its games like these which combine a resolution boost with higher quality textures that really produce a striking improvement on the X.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Thats a huge upgrade over the pro for the X , good to see both versions of the game at a locked framerate to

the extra 4k textures to the ground for the X makes the pro version look a bit blurry but the pro version still looks good regardless but the X is the best version

I wouldn't sugar coat it, ubi takes a shit all over its fans about as often as it helps them out.

They seem to be one of the more prominent, if not the most prominent 3rd party on games that support the Pro/X. Also a lot of their stuff has HDR now too. They're doing good work in my book.

Really wish they would patch Far Cry Primal, that game looks beautiful on PC maxed out. A well implemented HDR in Primal would be insane, it already had great lighting.

PS4 Pro 1440. No upgraded visuals. Blurry textures.

Xbox One X 1800p with be upgraded visual and texture.

Summery. Xbox One X is the definitive console to play this game.

Malcolm9

PS4 Pro 1440. No upgraded visuals. Blurry textures.

Xbox One X 1800p with be upgraded visual and texture.

Summery. Xbox One X is the definitive console to play this game.

The textures aren't blurry on the Pro though, it's just the X version has enhanced textures. The Pro version still looks great regardless.

The X isn't the definitive console if you also want to play with friends who also own a PS4/Pro, so it's subjective to user.

neora

The textures aren't blurry on the Pro though, it's just the X version has enhanced textures. The Pro version still looks great regardless.

The X isn't the definitive console if you also want to play with friends who also own a PS4/Pro, so it's subjective to user.

Definitive implies no subjective element.
The One X may not be the best console platform choice for you personally for subjective reasons, but that doesn't change the fact that the One X version is the definitive console version.
It's an objective term.

I have no interest in the shit-flinging contests that seem to crop up around these topics but I think the driving force behind it is people's failure to remain objective.
The One X objectively, unarguably and consistently hands in a better overall performance in these games than any other console and as such it is usually the definitive console to play them on.
That statement is not some bizarre statement of allegiance, it is not an inflammatory thing to say, it should not provoke any feelings of offence, it is purely a statement of fact.

And it is a useful statement of fact for all the people who actually have a reason to engage in these threads and pay attention to this kind of comparative content;
those who own multiple hardware platforms and those considering buying a specific hardware platform.
I can't see that anyone else really has much of a reason to be here outside of a general interest in this sort of thing.
But regardless of why anyone is in these threads, subjectivity is of little to no value in the discussion and seems to be causing a lot of problems.

rokkerkory

you can't really pull subjective arguments into a DF thread

Damn.

PS4 Pro sucks. No point having that small of an upgrade when you could hold on a little longer and have a much bigger improvement.

Top Bottom