• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Reveals [Use the new thread linked at the end of this one.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floex

3am for the UK? :( Guess I'll just watch it in the morning. Super appreciative if someone could add a link to the on demand after the event and place it in the first post to avoid spoilers

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Yep you guys can watch the show worldwide at vga.spike.com. Works on the web, on your phone, on your iPad etc. No geoblocking. The preshow gets underway at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET.

It's an incredible show and I'm very proud of the strides we are making this year. I hope you'll give things a fair shake. I know hating on the VGAs is a sport for most of the core audience, but we have some really amazing moments planned this year with some new games and some very special guests.

Enjoy the show.

TriGen

Yep you guys can watch the show worldwide at vga.spike.com. Works on the web, on your phone, on your iPad etc. No geoblocking. The preshow gets underway at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET.

It's an incredible show and I'm very proud of the strides we are making this year. I hope you'll give things a fair shake. I know hating on the VGAs is a sport for most of the core audience, but we have some really amazing moments planned this year with some new games and some very special guests.

Enjoy the show.

Sounds good. Thanks, Geoff.

STG

To all those who are asking at which time it is in their timezone:

first method: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=9:00+pm+est

should show you exactly when it is in your timezone:
wolfm5o9v.png

second method (if you are using a Linux system, no idea if it works on MACs too)

in a terminal: date -d '9 pm est'

should print out when it is in your time:
termgwrjw.png

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If nothing else, the VGA's have given us an E3 in the back end of the year, and its always a little crazy. Will enjoy/endure if I can stay awake!

I just realized maybe we will finally see something From the Survival Horror game Shinji Mikami and is working on would classic survival horror be considered old school?

Aspiring

Enjoy the show.

Thanks mate and will do!

Geoff, will the stream on Xbox Live be a non-biased stream that's the exact same that's occurring on Spike or will it be skewed more towards Xbox and will not showcase the exclusives from the other consoles? For example, A trailer for The Last of Us appears and the stream cuts away to something Xbox related.
I know this might sound like a really dumb question but I just want to make sure this is not the case.
Thanks.

The_Monk

2AM? Ok let's see, I'm tired, I have work but it's weekend. I have GAF, Coffee, Games.

Let's see If I can beat sleep for a couple of hours, I think I can.

ArjanN

I just realized maybe we will finally see something From the Survival Horror game Shinji Mikami and is working on would classic survival horror be considered old school?

Nah, it'll be something from an existing franchise that we haven't seen in a while.

It probably isn't anything japanese either.

More likely to be something like Thief 4, a new Legacy of Kain, King's Quest by Telltale, etc.

manzo

4am.. might as well take a peek, it's diaper change/feeding time for the baby around that time anyway.

ekim

Prediction:
- Destiny from Bungie
- Alan Wake 2 trailer showing an altered Xbox logo at the end with an 8 slightly appearing
- some new WiiU exclusive (Zelda?)
- new next gen ip from 3rd party

zlatko

Banned

Enjoy the show.

Not to break your balls, but I hear something similar from you every year around this time for the show, tune in, and hate myself more for liking video games and having people associate me with the image you help project with the show in a negative way.

I appreciate the work that goes in, and that hard work from developers is rewarded and put on display, but everything else that goes on is like one big dick joke that gets taken too far.

Are you really going to sit there and tell us this year won't have terrible humor, B grade celebs at best, and some seriously cringe worthy moments?

daemissary

Enjoy the show.

I've never understood the vitriol that has been spewed at the VGAs. Sure, there are some points where the script has been kinda terrible but there also seem to be more and more exclusive reveals every year. If ya can't get excited about new games then what are you even doing here?

wsippel

Banned
Prediction:
- Destiny from Bungie
- Alan Wake 2 trailer showing an altered Xbox logo at the end with an 8 slightly appearing
If Nintendo had anything to show, even if it was just a worthwhile 3rd party announcement, I'm pretty sure they'd have teased it on Twitter or Facebook by now. At least a "Watch the VGAs later this week!" or something.

zlatko

Banned
I've never understood the vitriol that has been spewed at the VGAs. Sure, there are some points where the script has been kinda terrible but there also seem to be more and more exclusive reveals every year. If ya can't get excited about new games then what are you even doing here?

No one questions the reveals are worth it. It's everything that encompasses that which we feel is a slap in peoples faces.

That's why this year I feel I'll finally just wait for the trailers to be put online and avoid the show. :/

iNvid02

is the vga site going to die 2 minutes in since they're streaming worldwide?

can you still watch on gametralers?

I promised myself last year that I wouldn't get sucked into the hype again and end up hating myself for watching two solid hours of brutal jokes and embarrassing depictions of gamers. it's damn tempting to tune in and catch the premieres, though. maybe I'll put it on in the background while playing a game.

Stuart444

2am for Ukers, though I question why I'm going to bother staying up to watch it but I am and that's that. Not really looking forward to anything outside of South Park (might be the last time we'll see it before THQ goes under :( ). Only thing that might surprise me is... Next Gen stuff (PS4/720) but we all know that isn't going to happen so eh.

Still maybe the VGAs will surprise me...
unlikely, I know what I'm getting.

Oh, I know what else would surprise me in a good way... Xenoblade winning best RPG but that's also rather unlikely based on the candidates :(

Enjoy the show.

Can't wait. What will be on the pre-show, just fluff to pass the time or something worth watching?

And yes, most people will crap on the show. Even one mildly dumb thing will get harped on for pages on end and lead to posts like 'worst show ever', 'this is terrible', and so on.

zlatko

Banned
I promised myself last year that I wouldn't get sucked into the hype again and end up hating myself for watching two solid hours of brutal jokes and embarrassing depictions of gamers. it's damn tempting to tune in and catch the premieres, though. maybe I'll put it on in the background while playing a game.

Exact boat I'm in. I think I'll just play Halo 4 with some Mt. Dew and Doritos until everything is up online on GT to watch the trailers.

Prediction:
- Destiny from Bungie

Why an 8? What, like Xbox 8? Skipping numbers 3-7? And given Nintendo's past record, a new Zelda game announcement already is unlikely (at least for Wii U).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom