• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 |OT| S.H.I.E.L.D. L.A. - Tuesdays 9/8c

Platy

Quick question, since the show got cancelled, does it have a proper ending? Can I watch the two seasons and be satisfied? Or will I waste my time?

I like a somewhat complete story (for reference, firefly was good even if canceled after 1 season + the movie).

It does had some plot points unsolved and we have the short movie but except for one small thing, I fell the story did satisfied me

Khaz

If you think about it, Hatwell has landed the perfect role. Even if this series is cancelled, she got the perfect character to appear in every flashback scene ever. And as she grows older, the flashback timelines will get pushed to the 60s, 70s, etc. There is no need for retirement, to put an end to her story. Plots have to be resolved, but we know Carter will carry on with her life and do plenty of successful stuff until late in her nineties. For every other show, doing a 10 or 20 years after episode can be awkward, fan pandering or money grabbing schemes, but this character is designed to get back in film/TV for years to come.

butalala

If you think about it, Hatwell has landed the perfect role. ...character is designed to get back in film/TV for years to come.

Great point. It makes me wish that Agent Carter was a BBC show like Sherlock or one of those others that has an episode or two every couple of years. If only US network TV worked like that. Maybe Netflix?

Damn. I was just thinking about Agent Carter today. The midseason break was a bit bleaker without her. I'm still hoping that Marvel brings her back one day. Another season, a television movie, a one shot, I'll take anything!

Pick things back up in the early 50s with the founding of Shield. She can trade blows with Dottie again, find out what's up with her brother. Maybe cross paths with the Winter Soldier??? They probably can't get Sebastian Stan, but perhaps they just use his score and have a faceless metal armed man stalk Peggy around some abandoned warehouse. She narrowly escapes by jumping in a getaway car driven by Jarvis.

Wistful thinking perhaps, but Peggy Carter still has stories worth telling.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is there any particular reason this isn't available on US Netflix? Almost every other ABC show is, as well as everything Marvel. But this isn't available on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime. Very strange.

Top Bottom