• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
uinWXxl.gif

Honestly more people seem to overlook Ann, when it comes to Waifu's you rarely see anyone mention Ann

Also I'm I the only one who really like the female designs from Hunter X Hunter
I had no idea Ann was overlooked, I thought she was popular cause I was bombarded by fan art of her, I don't even hate Ann, she's just in a game with a lot of good women. There's nothing wrong with the female designs for HxH either, it just blurs the lines of what a female is at times though. I actually like Shizuka, Maki, Neon...one hasn't appeared yet, the announcer girls...another one doesn't appear for like 2 years or some shit...a few don't pop up for a couple of years, Canary is cool too.
That's not right. =/
So Ann isn't super popular then?

I had no idea Ann was overlooked, I thought she was popular cause I was bombarded by fan art of her, I don't even hate Ann, she's just in a game with a lot of good women. There's nothing wrong with the female designs for HxH either, it just blurs the lines of what a female is at times though. I actually like Shizuka, Maki, Neon...one hasn't appeared yet, the announcer girls...another one doesn't appear for like 2 years or some shit...a few don't pop up for a couple of years, Canary is cool too.

I especially like Pakunoda, I don't know its kinda refreshing to have an attractive woman with a big honker

So Ann isn't super popular then?

I think a big thing here is there's not much of a hook that makes Ann that much more distinct especially when you consider that a lot of anime/jrpg fans tends to view characters in tropes. Makoto is the Student Council President who's actually a dork when you get to know here. Futaba is the Otaku NEET. Ann is kind of the dumb blonde. :p

She'll definitely get plenty of fanart though since she's the overtly Fan-service Character of the group. :p

I think a big thing here is there's not much of a hook that makes Ann that much more distinct especially when you consider that a lot of anime/jrpg fans tends to view characters in tropes. Makoto is the Student Council President who's actually a dork when you get to know here. Futaba is the Otaku NEET. Ann is kind of the dumb blonde. :p

Its kinda of a shame since she was really interesting during the Kamoshida palace and the artist palace but afterwards she just became sort of bland

She'll definitely get plenty of fanart though since she's the overtly Fan-service Character of the group. :p
This might explain why I started digging Makoto more than Ann after Makoto started to open up a bit. I love dorks and Ann might have her issues but she doesn't have a big sister lording over her treating her like trash at times. Makoto just seems to have more character and at the same time she's got a vulnerable side, I kind of get the feeling that there isn't much for Makoto and everybody just expects her to go to school and be great without actually caring about her. It's very obvious that she's buckling under that pressure and she probably would've just straight snapped if she didn't go Phantom Thief.

How about we agree that makato is the best girl in the inner circle

I disagree Makoto is far too bland to be the best.

After her main dungeon she doesn't really have anything that interesting going for her in comparison to the main group.

Her Social Link doesn't do her any favors on that front either.

Moaradin

I'd say most of the characters in P5 don't have much interesting things going on after their dungeon tbh. Makoto has some of the most from what I've seen.

Makoto actually seems the nicest, though she's a bit assertive which is good cause any group consisting of Ryuji and Ann isn't going to get crucial planning done. She's the level head, but she's also just a giant dork. Probably doesn't date much either cause well...Sae probably buried a couple of dudes chasing after her so after that why bother trying to date Makoto.

Chase17

Futaba gets decent development post her dungeons. The part members after that get completely screwed though, and are hardly even the highlight of their own dungeons lol

Futaba gets decent development post her dungeons. The part members after that get completely screwed though, and are hardly even the highlight of their own dungeons lol
I would assume that's because Futaba is barely a person when you meet her, she needed it.

So I'm playing the prey demo, and it's....okay? I appreciate how you can play either a male or female, but you don't seem to talk, just like in System Shock/Bioshock. It doesn't control well. It feels like I'm moving a drunk bear around and not a person. (BUT WHAT IF THAT'S THE TWIST!?)

Also there appears to be status elements, because I picked up some liqueur which apparently cures fear.

Decided to stop my anime binging for a while. I've finally started reading Berserk's manga. Kentaro Miura is in like a league of his own when it comes to art in manga. Sheesh.

Morlas

I really hope they're making a sequel to DOOM right now that was my like 2nd favorite game last year....also Tokyo ghoul is weird and i'd really like them to make a complete rave master anime and air that

Now that I've played more of it, Prey appears to have one big problem.

Fighting the main enemy in that game, these tiny tentacle crab things that mimic furniture and trash? It's not fun, and it doesn't feel like it's supposed to be that way. They're not scary in how they act or how they fight. Their main way of damaging you is to come at you and wiggle their tentacles at you. (Zonic, Jarate, don't make a joke here. It's too easy.)

Also...

No wonder the ladies want him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so you're saying you've seen enough hentai to know what joke is coming?

I COULDN'T RESIST

Moaradin

Wow, they actually added dual audio to Zelda? Did not expect that out of Nintendo. Guess waiting on that game paid off.

Over the past few months I've watched all the anime adaptations save for the currently airing season so I figured it was high time I'd start reading.
If you combine the Golden Age anime with the movie version of the Eclipse it's not too bad. The current anime is trash though, at least you're experiencing the real version now though, I hope you started from the beginning since the anime's didn't cover a lot of the first couple of chapters and is missing some key pre Eclipse craziness.

Browsing MAL out of boredom... is Brotherhood really that good? I'm sad I actually missed when it was on Toonami.

I sorta do that, too, nowadays :D

That site is dead to me now, though. Especially now that I'm here with y'all

Wish I could've joined here long ago instead of that place and a certain other un4chanate forum I mostly regretted being part of.
Imo a worse place than MAL at the time, can you believe it? Unsurprisingly contains some of the snarkiest peeps I've seen online (Although I think the parts I've been to have been either archived or deleted)

caliph95

I tend to browse tv tropes and the clean parts of reddit when I'm bored.
Same here, can't help it whenever i click on one page i suddenly have 10 pages open.

Also MAL is half reliable or i'm too picky because the scores are inflated imo also there it's me being too picky for anime but there are stuff that looks "animu" if it makes sense like SAO that gets upvoted

If you combine the Golden Age anime with the movie version of the Eclipse it's not too bad. The current anime is trash though, at least you're experiencing the real version now though, I hope you started from the beginning since the anime's didn't cover a lot of the first couple of chapters and is missing some key pre Eclipse craziness.

Yeah, I'm starting with the Black Swordsman arc.

Only thing I liked about the 2016 anime was the opening and of course it's another Golden Age recap lol

Yeah, I'm starting with the Black Swordsman arc.

Only thing I liked about the 2016 anime was the opening and of course it's another Golden Age recap lol
I have only watched it once, I can't watch the 2016 eps more than once pretty much, I just can't endure that much pain. Pretty much I find the content fun to tease, but to watch it seriously while not eating breakfast or dinner isn't happening.

bigkrev

PSA: PSNs annual Golden Week sale starts tomorrow. It's one of their best sales each year, filled with bad anime games to buy at low prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom