• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wait, so that means that Deron is going to have to wait another year with the crappy Nets before he gets Dwight? And wouldn't that mean that the Nets have to get rid of Lopez and Hump?

Hump was never coming back anyways.

Don't know about Lopez though...

Alrix

Minnesota can ead

3b48e7b4b9174add133b6b3285393f58f38f93df.jpg

Love the quick responses.

diehard

Fleer
I kinda want Deron to stay in with the Nets, how many great players these days sign with a terrible team and try to build them up? Money motivated or not its still pretty cool.

On the other hand that trade looks hilarious if he goes somewhere else. Just not to the Mavs.. ugh they could be scary.

KingGondo

Banned
On the other hand that trade looks hilarious if he goes somewhere else. Just not to the Mavs.. ugh they could be scary.
"Could" being the operative term.

They still need help in other areas. The Mavs team that won the chip was still flawed and got incredibly hot at the right time (including a godlike performance from Dirk for most of the playoffs). They lost a lot from that team.

Still need help with interior defense, their bench needs to get younger, and they'll need to replace Jet's scoring assuming they drop him (which they should).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There is no "Playoffs" MVP, there's only a Finals MVP

Unless ESPN is doing their own thing.... and that slob session is pretty out in the open.
"Could" being the operative term.

They still need help in other areas. The Mavs team that won the chip was still flawed and got incredibly hot at the right time (including a godlike performance from Dirk for most of the playoffs). They lost a lot from that team.

Still need help with interior defense, their bench needs to get younger, and they'll need to replace Jet's scoring assuming they drop him (which they should).
Center by committee isn't a bad thing as long as one of them is respectable for 10 minutes a game.

Bench wings aren't a problem though... playing between Dirk and Deron would make anyone look like a breakout player. Hell, if Kidd stuck around for one more year to come off the bench behind Deron goddamn.

There is no "Playoffs" MVP, there's only a Finals MVP

Unless ESPN is doing their own thing.... and that slob session is pretty out in the open.

Center by committee isn't a bad thing as long as one of them is respectable for 10 minutes a game.

Bench wings aren't a problem though... playing between Dirk and Deron would make anyone look like a breakout player. Hell, if Kidd stuck around for one more year to come off the bench behind Deron goddamn.

They're all out today.

Like this one from Abbot.

Between him and Simmons, I get my lulz whenever I see a Lakers article (or if they win, don't see one).

Gabyskra

Banned
You guys want to laugh?

According to Frank Isola, Woodson believes Amare is going to play game 4 due to criticism drawn after his post-game 2 actions.

Can Abbott please get a new shtick? I dislike Kobe as much as the next guy and I think Bynum should get more touches, but it sometimes seems like all he writes about is Kobe.

DCX

DCX
You guys want to laugh?

According to Frank Isola, Woodson believes Amare is going to play game 4 due to criticism drawn after his post-game 2 actions.

OMG REED like!! Instead of limping he can shake his wrist!!! OMG LInsane111!!

DCX

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
its not fun at all. at. all. :( i really gotta give it to the fans like my brother whos been around for the last 15 years or so. im relatively new but you gotta root for your hometown despite the anguish they put you through. next season looks promising but as usual, well see

that loser bros pic is awesome lol these funny ass pics and comments are doing a great job of preventing me from crying

You're supposed to hate me for being a boorish Heat fan, not make me feel bad for you =/

diehard

Fleer
Look on the bright side Knick fans, with a really good game Carmelo can still raise his current 42.5% TS to over last years playoffs 50%.

That 12.5 PER is gonna need some work though.

Alrix

I really thought Lin was more improved than Anderson was, homerism aside, at least Anderson was in an NBA rotation last year. And even this year at the beginning Lin didn't even play well in garbage time. But I guess it's because Lin didn't have a full season of it. Damn you injury gods, damn you to hell.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Uhmmmm

As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots — what a shock that he chose black and white as the new team colors to stress, as the Nets explained, their new “urban” home — why not have him apply the full Jay-Z treatment?

Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N------s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B----hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/double_standard_TFPqqilUHif01I9BKkQSkN#ixzz1tvUElv1Z

KingGondo

Banned
Jay-Z actually has a pretty good sense of personal style, and the new Nets logo is awesome IMO.

Feels like a throwback, which is what more teams should go for.

It's these portland writers, man. They're infatuated with him. It is so damn annoying.

Well, he said already that Kobe's responsible for his worst moment as a basketball fan (Game 7 destruction), so at that point, I just throw out anything he says when he's talking about the Lakers.

Simmons too, I went to Grantland to see their Avengers review, and saw one of his columns: NBA Championship Footnotes. I thought, ok, it's been a while, let's see--

Homer take: There is just no fucking way in hell that Perkins doesn't swing Game 7. That game kills me.

To be fair, he does mention that the '01 Lakers, '97 Bulls and '07 Spurs, in that order...and then lists a bunch of old, rehashed shit for the 02, 88, 2010, 2009 Lakers. Refs, KG injured, Perkins didn't play, Isiah was injured...

salt_pile.jpg

What other writers even talk about Kobe besides Abbott?

From Portland locals? I don't think they care quite as much unless we're playing them.

But Abbott obviously has a hard-on for writing thinly veiled articles about Kobe. Since he's done this multiple times per season, we can call it an obsession at this point.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yeah, Abbott's obsession with diminishing Kobe's accomplishments is bizarre but expected.

What's worse is him trumpeting up Lebron and diminishing past all-time greats is worse. Lebron > Bird? LOL

Yeah, Abbott's obsession with diminishing Kobe's accomplishments is bizarre but expected.

What's worse is him trumpeting up Lebron and diminishing past all-time greats is worse. Lebron > Bird? LOL

It's pretty much the same to me--he completely ignores that LBJ consistently underperforms in the playoffs year after year.

Imagine how it will be if/when the Heat do get one.

"Is LBJ's title better Kobe's 5?"
"Was LBJ's performance better than Bird's?"
"How does LBJ stack up against the Finals greats?"

/puke

Shadow780

It's pretty much the same to me--he completely ignores that LBJ consistently underperforms in the playoffs year after year.

Imagine how it will be if/when the Heat do get one.

"Is LBJ's title better Kobe's 5?"
"Was LBJ's performance better than Bird's?"
"How does LBJ stack up against the Finals greats?"

/puke

Which is exactly why they keep writing these stuff, their page views and comments are always through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom