• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare to announce how they're going to address ME: Andromeda on April 4th

What was your favorite video game disaster relief program?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C8ILDJ7VoAAF8nN.jpg:large

Haines

Banned
They better blow everyone's minds away otherwise this is a laughably bad decision to preannounce a patch update which may not come for many months

Reminds me 343 studios still fixing Halo MCC (or have they finally given up?)

Kinda of reminds me of when they tried to fix sim city but I think they owned up to it more

gogosox82

Wait, did I miss out on the universal hatred for DA:I? Reviewed quite well, no?

Yes but there are reasons why. First, it looked much better and has much better performance than ME:A. Second, there weren't a lot of great games at the time it came out. Remember it won a bunch of GOTY awards when the game is pretty average at best. Third, standards have risen from when Inquisition came out and people just aren't willing to accept these flaws from AAA games. When you have games like The Witcher 3 and Horizon out there, you can't have ok looking game with boring characters and bad writing and a ton of glitches and poor animations. People just aren't going to accept that and they will just play something else since their are tons of games to play right now. Inquisition got a ton of criticism (I myself was very critical of it) but its a much better and more polished game than ME:A is.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Final Fantasy 14 is the only right answer in that poll. Such a turd the first time around they had to REDO the entire game after making a "world ending" event for the disaster, then hit it out of the park.

Fix biotic charge or whatever it is so Cora doesn't teleport to enemies and float/fall in that janky ass way. That would be nice. Purge a lot of lines of dialogue that are just stupid. Get Obsidian to redo the script. Just some small fixes like that.

Renekton

Fix biotic charge or whatever it is so Cora doesn't teleport to enemies and float/fall in that janky ass way. That would be nice. Purge a lot of lines of dialogue that are just stupid. Get Obsidian to redo the script. Just some small fixes like that.
No thanks haha. I really dislike Obsidian's writing, grimdark for its own sake imho.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
At the very least, they've got to talk about what they're doing to solve some the technical and UI issues (the small text size being the worst). I don't think we're going to see one big fix for all the animations - we're probably going to see a series of patches that take a while to deploy.

They might also throw out some single player DLC plans too, just to reassure people that Mass Effect isn't dead now. Depends on what EA letsd them say.
lol wut?

Dunno if we should be expecting anything more than bug-patches and future DLC

I'm over 20hrs in & absolutely loving the game though, so I'm not really itching for big improvements

CGwizz

I'm 25 hours in and so far loving the characters and the story. Gosh Drak is in my top 5 ME characters and Jaal is awesome too.

I find these comments so weird, i am almost 50 hours and i barely talked with Jaal to even have one opinion , maybe i am too slow playing the game i dont know.

Gator86

Dunno if we should be expecting anything more than bug-patches and future DLC

I'm over 20hrs in & absolutely loving the game though, so I'm not really itching for big improvements

I'm guessing they'll make their first planned dlc free and talk about how hard they're gonna work on the bug fixes. Can't imagine more than that.

CGwizz

The amount of stupid as fuck designs choices are too much, 50 to 65 slts inventory is the most stupid thing they add to this series, they make great weapons and armor but dont want us to collect them? fuck off seriously.

Mining planets with the car or in the tempest is the most fucking boring shit ever, its just there to waste your time.

I am on ps4 pro and the pop in textures is the worst i saw in this gen, every time you leave inventory you see those textures pop in, when you go talk to your crew the fucking face textures are are resseting and loading everytime camera dont focus the character.

And people act like we need to give these poor devs a break ? I speak for myself, Bioware Montreal are terrible in almost evey department, i hope they never touch mass effect or any IP from Bioware ever again, let them do multiplayer or do some trash new IP with a small budget or rebuilt the team. This game is a joke.

Good luck, this game is poop. I've played and completed every Bioware release since BG1. This will likely be the first Bioware game I've played that I'm going to leave unfinished.

Maybe I'll go back to it after Persona 5. Maybe. The next Bioware game better be something special.

I find these comments so weird, i am almost 50 hours and i barely talked with Jaal to even have one opinion , maybe i am too slow playing the game i dont know.

You can talk to Jaal quite a lot early on if you actually keep going back to speak to him & take him on certain missions
I'm like 21hrs in & he's my favourite party-member atm, I feel like I've talked to him more than anyone else except from Liam

I guess it depends how much side stuff you're doing though

DigtialT

I remember the last time Bioware said they would fix something of a mass effect game.

Didn't exactly go the way we hoped.

There's stuff that they can't fix with any update.

I've played about 10 hours but as of now:

-The writing is trash
-The dialogue are trash
-There's basically no choices

These are fundamental parts of Mass Effect to me and they fucked everyone of them up.

Might as well turn it into a full on 3rd Person shooter because right now I don't see what makes that game an RPG. Thank God the combat is actually good because otherwise there wouldn't be any redeeming qualities to it.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Haven't started playing it yet and didn't plan to until next weekend. Depending on their plans I may hold off even a bit longer.

Sarek

Hadn't realized things were this bad with MEA. Will definitely wait for GOTY to even consider getting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom