• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Persona 5 Spoiler Thread | Steal your heart; steel yourself

If you're going to spoiler-tag in a spoiler thread (which is dumb as shit), you might as well leave something so people can figure out if they want to click it, rather than blacking out your whole damn post.

Taruranto

I was planning to avoid spoilers, but I got hit accidentally. Oh well, may as well dig in.

Apparently
her father is in debt and she became a prostitute for the yakuza.

Given the kind of game this is, no way anything "serious" happened with one of the main girls.

This said:

1) Makoto has apparently been playing the hostess
2) Ann is being harassed by her teacher
3) Forehead has an arranged fiance, which shouldn't be weird, but this is a Japanese game and he's not the main character so he's most likely going to act like a rapist

mRL4kTN.jpg

... uh.

Zolo

Also, while Goro being the traitor isn't too surprising, Sae also being corrupt and a big enemy surprises me.

RocBase

If you're going to spoiler-tag in a spoiler thread (which is dumb as shit), you might as well leave something so people can figure out if they want to click it, rather than blacking out your whole damn post.

I know it's dumb but I'm personally just practicing caution. I have 3 different P5 Gaf threads open now and I'm already mistaking one for the other.

I wonder if Goro's going to stay evil throughout all the endings, or if the bad ending is on the Thieves' head as well.
Apparently in one of the endings when he kills joker and that cop, it ends up being an illusion.So I guess MC can use powers outside of dungeon. It seems like goro dies in every ending you don't die in. It was either something about Demiurge killing him for fucking up or redeeming himself by sacrifice to help stop the bad guy. Sounds like typical Atlus to me if true.
Also, while Goro being the traitor isn't too surprising, Sae also being corrupt and a big enemy surprises me.
Lol, she's goro partner and wants to stop the MC.

Zolo

I want all the Morgana deets, 'tis all.

He has a Crush on Ann though that could have already been figured out. He can still talk as a cat in the end.

Also turns out the bad ending everyone's seen up to this point is actually part of a trick played by the protagonist where some illusions were conjured giving the illusions of dead bodies. MAYBE the bad ending is it stopping with the protagonist dead, but it's part of the good ending(s) as well.

He has a Crush on Ann though that could have already been figured out. He can still talk as a cat in the end.

Also turns out the bad ending everyone's seen up to this point is actually part of a trick played by the protagonist where some illusions were conjured giving the illusions of dead bodies. MAYBE the bad ending is it stopping with the protagonist dead, but it's part of the good ending(s) as well.

If nothing else, it's cheap to make if you just cut out half the cutscene and go "a-th a-th a-THAT'S ALL, FOLKS!!" :D

edit: It may be wishful thinking, but I don't think Sae's the murdering type.

jzbluz

I understood it as the bad ending being where Goro kills Joker, but in the good/true ending Goro kills a decoy instead, and then gets offed by Sae for failing. Spoilers can get a bit murky though since some people are just making them up.

Geez after watching a few videos, people awakening their personas looks alot more painful then it did in 3 and 4. It looks like they are going through a traumatic experience.

Funny how this game is just a nuke away from being SMT V. I wonder if Hashino missed or wanted to make another mainline SMT so he channeled it into this instead. Can't believe how much this game captures the "classic Atlus" feel, could have easily been a devil summoner game.

I'm risking a lot coming here, but I'd like to know one thing.

Has any of the music been datamined?
The whole thing is in the net, folk.

Hopefully soon we'll have actual spoilers and not "no bro I bet this game is so DARK" shots in the dark

As usual, people tend to exaggerate the level of "darkness" a game has especially when you have moments where characters are killed. That's cool but that's not really what I look for in the modern Persona games (It's the Time management and Social Links that I look into, though the combat looks good enough this time around as well). The bad end in P3 is plenty depressing. Then again, P3 has a thoroughly downtrodden atmosphere.

Is it too much to hope for a Final Boss on the Level of Nyx from P3?

As it should be. You are awakening omnipotent beings from your mind for Christ's sake.

Yeah you are right. Its just going from using an evoker to awaken your persona in P3 and fighting your inner self and using tarot cards to awaken your persona in P4, to writhing in pain and stress and literally ripping an adhered mask off your face with pain and blood involved to awaken your persona in P5 really gives me mainline Shin Megami Tensei vibes in the best way possible.

Has anyone seen the compendium?

Funny how this game is just a nuke away from being SMT V. I wonder if Hashino missed or wanted to make another mainline SMT so he channeled it into this instead. Can't believe how much this game captures the "classic Atlus" feel, could have easily been a devil summoner game.

I don't really get this. Even the old Personas don't feel like SMT to me.

Is it something the protagonist does, or is it like Daybreakers and the prologue where you wake up in the Velvet Room and Igor's all like "Yeah this is what's gonna happen if you keep going on that path" (I would assume it would lead to a path split of "Welp, gotta get him before he gets me" or "Try to prevent him from crossing that line")

Zolo

Is it something the protagonist does, or is it like Daybreakers and the prologue where you wake up in the Velvet Room and Igor's all like "Yeah this is what's gonna happen if you keep going on that path" (I would assume it would lead to a path split of "Welp, gotta get him before he gets me" or "Try to prevent him from crossing that line")

Nobody knows yet.

Also, I'm pretty sure all the animated scenes have been mined and watched before getting taken down, so instead of going 'Well, it's not 100% confirmed', we can safely say that Morgana has no human form since that would have been an animated cutscene. Also, time to adjust to using male pronouns.

Nobody knows yet.

Also, I'm pretty sure all the animated scenes have been mined and watched before getting taken down, so instead of going 'Well, it's not 100% confirmed', we can safely say that Morgana has no human form since that would have been an animated cutscene. Also, time to adjust to using male pronouns.

When were the male pronouns confirmed? I must've missed that.

Top Bottom