• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare to announce how they're going to address ME: Andromeda on April 4th

What was your favorite video game disaster relief program?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trace

Banned
Is me:Andromeda worse than me3? Me3 was a cool game with a horrible ending

It's certainly buggier than ME3 was, but it doesn't really have any "WHAT THE SHIT" story moments. Just general blandness, some open-world design flaws and animation issues that get propagated faster than ever in the age of the internet.

Aselith

Gonna take a bet and say its going to be"we will try and patch what we can. Also now the first DLC is free
PLEASE DONT TRADE IT IN
"

I'm wondering if the impetus is that they don't want the announcement in this fiscal year but also don't want people to trade it in.

Could an announcement cause problems with the fiscal year?

Only need to look at how this thread is starting off to see that even if they knocked it out of the park with this game, it simply wouldn't have been enough for some people. Anything Bioware does or says, you've got people ready and willing to jump down their throats over it.

I'll put playing the game on hold to see what they've got coming.

NMFried

so bad: glitches, motion capture and facial animations, voice acting, and writing
Good: everything else?

Is this what people are critical of ?

Writing is par, honestly. It wasn't so bad that it crushed the experience, but the glitches are what keep it from shining for me tbh.

Also, with regard to voice acting. Why is like the entire game voiced by no-names? Was it because of the strike. Coming off of the OG trilogy's stellar cast it was hella surprising.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Its not an easy fix, but the animation issues do seem like they could be adressed. Some of it is just man hours spent on bug fixing, while the rest is man hours on single animation improvement. Im guessing within 3 months there should be palpable improvement.

Trace

Banned
Only need to look at how this thread is starting off to see that even if they knocked it out of the park with this game, it simply wouldn't have been enough for some people. Anything Bioware does or says, you've got people ready and willing to jump down their throats over it.

I'll put playing the game on hold to see what they've got coming.

ME3 was a low point for the series with how it ended, and along with Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition Bioware wasn't really in GAF's good graces. If Andromeda was better than 3 we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Hopefully a large part of this will be addressing the poor implementation of romantic m/m relationships in the game.

That definitely needs to be fixed but I hope that would be after save corruption, falling through the world, and animations on the list of priorities.

Is me:Andromeda worse than me3? Me3 was a cool game with a horrible ending
You can't even compare the 2. ME3 was fucking amazing, Andromeda is a pile of trash. I dove in headfirst into this game and really, really regret the purchase especially with Persona 5 around the corner. I really don't understand how they seriously thought Andromeda was ready for release. I get deadlines and blah blah but man, this is not good.

Here's hoping they can actually fix this game because I need Mass Effect in my life.

NMFried

ME3 was a low point for the series with how it ended, and along with Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition Bioware wasn't really in GAF's good graces. If Andromeda was better than 3 we wouldn't be having this conversation.

That definitely needs to be fixed but I hope that would be after save corruption, falling through the world, and animations on the list of priorities.

Did GAF not really dig Inquisition?

Garlador

Look, I'm just glad they're taking feedback and hopefully can tackle the worst of the game's problems.

The animation issues are beyond distracting and the glitches are obviously immediately noticeable, so I'm sure those are front-and-center on the things they hope to fix and address...

... But I would absolutely not be averse to a few more passes on the writing, voice acting, and editing as well. Unlike many, I don't think the characters and story are unsalvageable, but the way they're executed really hamstrung a lot of passable scenes and made them come off as far worse than they would have otherwise.

It's not ideal (and this does remind me a tad of ME3's backlash), but I'm at least glad they're going to support the game and not just drop it like a hot rock like some companies might on a bad first impression. A lot of great games this gen started off very rocky (Destiny, Diveclub, Final Fantasy XIV, etc.) and turned into something much better.

Ferrio

Banned
So what can they do besides taking it behind the barn and putting it down? From all I read the flaws of the game run deep.

Teaser for a...disaster relief plan?

A teaser for an announcement of a bug patch...

An announcement to a patch/fix announcement, now I've seen everything😂

I'm not sure I get how a developer communicating with its players that it is acknowledging and working on a games problems is something to criticize. But i'm sure you were the same posters criticizing Hello games' silence on their games problems, because hey, you gotta shit on something right?

Rozart

I liked the Extended Cut DLC. Granted I've only played ME3 with the extended cut DLC patched in so I don't know how bare-bones the ending was before the patch came in.

I guess they'll mostly be focusing on smoothing out the bugs? They can't really 'fix' the animations or the lacklustre writing.

NMFried

I liked it a lot. But then again I also liked DmC and Final Fantasy XV so my opinion usually is wrong heh heh.

Haha I liked those too. And I'm about to finish the last mission in MEA and it wasn't a totally terrible experience. The bugs were rough to push through, but the game itself made me about as interested as ME1 did.

Cool characters, great setup, solid lore, but a sequel will be able to come out guns blazing.

They can work on all these things concurrently. If this is supposed to be an olive branch to disgruntled players, addressing the shoddy treatment of the gay male relationships has to be part of it.

NMFried

And what did they end up doing? In my opinion they delivered amazing content.

Free MP maps
Great DLC

I think Bioware is awesome because they do care

At the very least, it has to be enough that the team at Bioware cares enough to address this stuff head-on.

Compare it to the radio silence from games like No Man's Sky and Mighty No. 9. Sure, BW has more resources, but they also care more than the average dev when it comes to fans.

Hopeford

Hope they fix up the game! I've been too busy to actually...well, play the game so it would be great if they got to a couple issues before I got around to it.

That said, I'm sure I'll enjoy my time with the game even if it sucks.

I long ago committed to playing as Zack Ryder and roleplaying like he just really, really wants to win the WWE universal championship and literally went to space for it. As long as the protagonist is still called Ryder, I'm good.

Mass Effect Andromeda...Enhanced Edition?

CD projeckt did it for the first Witcher. They re-recoreded tons of voice acting and fixed a lot of the general animation jank.

Not sure how feasible such an undertaking would be for a much bigger project like Mass Effect.

Chumley

Banned
lmao this will be hilarious if there isn't actually a patch on April 4th

If they patch at least some shit on the 4th and then talk about fixing all of the animation problems in the near future, I'll give them some credit.

Either way this is looking like a FFXV situation where it's better to wait to start playing depending on what they say next week.

CrayToes

You can't really fix the real issues with Andromeda. You can clean it up all you like but you'll only end up with a polished turd.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Hope they do a good job. I would love looking forward to playing it when the GOTY edition hits with all the dlc and everything. Like when I bought inquisition on launch but in a moment of introspection I think I would have been way happier just waiting it out.

"Some" of it critical. Mhm. Considering how much effort they put into it the last time they tried fixing mass effect, I'd wager the most were gonna get here is a new eye texture and maybe a handful of improved character faces. I would be incredibly surprised if anything was ever done about animations even on a small scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom