• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Wii - special new color for Mario & Sonic @ London 2K12

Drkirby said:
I was expecting a darker Colored blue, not the Blue Wii Remote Blue. Not a big fan of the shade.

You mean more like this blue?

3463704260414561.JPG

daffy

Banned
So are the minigames fun ? I watched a YouTube and volleyball looks cool but kind of simple ? And then i saw the boxart has WiFi but what is its purpose ?

fernoca

FTH said:
So are the minigames fun ? I watched a YouTube and volleyball looks cool but kind of simple ? And then i saw the boxart has WiFi but what is its purpose ?
The mini-games are fun, of course it varies from person to person. Wi-Fi, if it's like the previous ones; is for leaderboards (no actual online multiplayer).

daffy

Banned
Hmm I see. thanks fernoca! I'll keep and eye on it and check out some of the other minigames. Seems like a fun party game.

Olaeh

PixyJunket said:
This should have been the Dragon Quest X Wii, since it's close to the color of the standard slime.

That's what I was thinking. They might still do it for Japan. Actually, I half expect it. Either way, I think there's gonna be a DQX bundle w/ the external flash memory and maybe a classic controller. Would make sense for them to go all out and make it this slime blue too.

Olaeh said:
That's what I was thinking. They might still do it for Japan. Actually, I half expect it. Either way, I think there's gonna be a DQX bundle w/ the external flash memory and maybe a classic controller. Would make sense for them to go all out and make it this slime blue too.
The could've done it for DQ Collection, but it's a little late now.

They should do Metal Slime Platinum for DQX.

disco

I want a matt black Wii! Or an off-black dark grey matt Wii. Then my living room can begin to look tasteful. I'm of the post-patent plastic generation.

kunonabi

Blue nunchuk is confirmed?? Looks like I might actually pick up a blue wiimote then since those nunchuks will probably end up on ebay.

fernoca

kunonabi said:
Blue nunchuk is confirmed?? Looks like I might actually pick up a blue wiimote then since those nunchuks will probably end up on ebay.
There has been similar blue nunchucks on eBay for quite some time for like $5. Of course not official ones; but like the red ones..official ones may go for a higher price as those were available only through bundles.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'd buy this if it came to the States without the game bundled in. I like the color a lot.

Haunted

I don't even want this after how bad the Winter Olympics game was. What a shoddy piece of shit compared to the entertaining party game that was the first.

No sale for me.

Kai

Sega's mascot on the box of a Nintendo hardware..... Growing up in the 90's - I never thought this day would come.

Kai said:
Sega's mascot on the box of a Nintendo hardware..... Growing up in the 90's - I never thought this day would come.
If you showed this to me 15 years ago I would have assumed it was a bizarre pirate console.

CaVaYeRo

kunonabi said:

again: yes, it'll be on the box :p

what is sad about a possible golden Wii for Zelda is that it would be one of these inferior, horizontal versions :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
TheBanditKing said:
This. I don't like the it on the Wii mote or the very similar DSi color.
Whaaaat, no way. Both the DSi and this are awesome. Has a nice pop art feel to it.

Thanks for me visiting this thread for me to notice it is not Sonic Blue. If it were a SEGA console it would be Mario Red and have an M on the top...wait a second...

FlightOfHeaven said:
No, wait, green and silver are still missing...
Apple Green and Platinum are their official namings (based on DS stuff with the same shading).

kunonabi said:
I've been wrong for so long...I only just noticed it is only White, Red and Black which are the only colours with matching Nunchucks, for some reason I assumed Blue and Oink ones existed in Japan. At least I never got called out.
Edit: I've still not grown out of my P/O typo. That one works really well though
Oink as in Pig; Pigs are Pink; I mean to type Pink...yeah

fernoca said:
but like the red ones..official ones may go for a higher price as those were available only through bundles.
Red ones are available seperately in Japan. Which it being from Japan makes it a higher price.

daCuk said:
A transparent / clear Wii would be the shit...

if $99 and game pack-in, that's it.

But then you'd be able to see the duct tape and the secret would be out! ;-)

Really wish Nintendo would get around to releasing pink/blue nunchuks though - I picked up a red one from Japan to match my red Remote+ and CCPro, but my OCD about these things is nagging at me over the lack of official nunchuks in other colours (and will do again when the gold Remote+ arrives with my copy of Skyward Sword...)

DarkPanda

Isn't that the same blue as the stand-alone Wii-motes that you can already buy? It seems like they did it quick and dirty and just used the dye they already had rather than come up with a better one.

waicol

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
Mario and Sonic together is still so very strange... so so strange.
But it's cool and get people to buy the game, hope some day we get a "real" Mario and Sonic crossover.

Satchel

Banned
Gonna be hard to resist this one. Might get rid of my white, get this one and still keep my red one packaged up.

Top Bottom