• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft New Project? ~Thread of Baten Kaitos III Wishes~

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Well, I wouldn't mind 3DS, if that was what it came out for, but a console experience would be much more fulfilling :3

So yeah, I signed up to this place because of all the Monolith Soft love going on in this thread. Without a doubt, they're my favorite Japanese developer, so seeing what Nintendo's been doing to them has been killing me for quite a while. I'm more of a Xenosaga fan than a Baten Kaitos fan, but I still gotta give credit where credit is due. The BK series is incredibly solid and deserves a lot more attention than it's getting.

If what's being teased here is BKIII for the Wii U, you can bet that I'd buy it as soon as it comes out. Doing all of that card management on the touch screen just has me wishing for a confirmation.

But who am I kidding. Nintendo pays more attention to Enix titles than there own studio. Getting this game localized would take a miracle.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Phoenix_Apollo said:
So yeah, I signed up to this place because of all the Monolith Soft love going on in this thread. Without a doubt, they're my favorite Japanese developer, so seeing what Nintendo's been doing to them has been killing me for quite a while. I'm more of a Xenosaga fan than a Baten Kaitos fan, but I still gotta give credit where credit is due. The BK series is incredibly solid and deserves a lot more attention than it's getting.

If what's being teased here is BKIII for the Wii U, you can bet that I'd buy it as soon as it comes out. Doing all of that card management on the touch screen just has me wishing for a confirmation.

But who am I kidding. Nintendo pays more attention to Enix titles than there own studio. Getting this game localized would take a miracle.

I'm glad you decided to hop on the Baten Kaitos love wagon :D

I love Xeno just as much too, so no worries ;)

Namco owns BK, not Nintendo IIRC.

So if we ever got a BK3, XSEED would be the top contender, since they've been Namco Bandai's go to company to localize Nintendo platform games; Fragile, Sky Crawlers, Ivy the Kiwi, Retro Game Challenge, and Solatorobo. Am I missing any?

farnham

Banned
Hero of Legend said:

So if we ever got a BK3, XSEED would be the top contender, since they've been Namco Bandai's go to company to localize Nintendo platform games; Fragile, Sky Crawlers, Ivy the Kiwi, Retro Game Challenge, and Solatorobo. Am I missing any?
BKOrigins was published by nintendo

wrowa

Hero of Legend said:

It's a Namco IP but the development of both games was funded by Nintendo, I believe.

In case of Baten Kaitos 3 it would be a Namco/Nintendo colaboration anyway simply due to the fact that Nintendo owns Monolith, so any publisher other than Nintendo is pretty much out of the question.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
wrowa said:
It's a Namco IP but the development of both games was funded by Nintendo, I believe.

In case of Baten Kaitos 3 it would be a Namco/Nintendo colaboration anyway simply due to the fact that Nintendo owns Monolith, so any publisher other than Nintendo is pretty much out of the question.

Well, Nintendo is just the majority stock holder in MLSI.

Nintendo owns 80% of MLSI's stocks.
Namco Bandai owns 16% of MLSI's stocks.
Hirohide Sugiura (President of MLSI) owns 1.3% of MLSI's stocks.
Tetsuya Takahashi owns 1.3% of MLSI's stocks.
Yasuyuki Honne owns 0.8% of MLSI's stocks.

So technically Namco Bandai still has the power to make use of MLSI, as was seen with Super Robot Wars OG Saga Endless Frontier and its sequel, Endless Frontier Exceed.

Same with Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.

farnham

Banned
Akselziys said:
Well, Nintendo is just the majority stock holder in MLSI.

Yasuyuki Honne owns 1.3% of MLSI's stocks.

So technically Namco Bandai still has the power to make use of MLSI,
as was seen with Super Robot Wars OG Saga Endless Frontier and its sequel, Endless Frontier Exceed.

Same with Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
Only with Nintendos consent

Akselziys said:
I'm glad you decided to hop on the Baten Kaitos love wagon :D

I love Xeno just as much too, so no worries ;)

I'm also fairly fond of OG Saga, but only for the battle system. The story might as well not even exist for all I care, outside of KOS-MOS and T-elos being there.

But yeah, I'm still not convinced that we're gonna get this game, even if Namco might be holding the rights to this series. The DBZ and SRW games were licensed after all, that's practically the only reason we got them. Every original Monolith game since XSIII and BKO have been ignored, even the DS port of XSI&II.

Plus, Nintendo's not Sony, who openly lets third parties publish their games when they don't feel like bringing them over. I doubt this game will be running through Namco's channels only, since this might be their next big project and all. I'm sure Nintendo will want involvement.

Positions mentioned at the recruitment page are mostly unchanged from then. The studio is seeking programmers (those with Havok and Shader experience), planners, 3D CG artists, 2D designers (those with character and mecha design experience), effect designers, motion designers, and office staff.
Hmm...

One step closer to this XD
BK3.jpg

duckroll

Akselziys said:
Yasuyuki Honne owns 1.3% of MLSI's stocks.

Correction: Honne only owns 0.8% of the stocks. He has 20 shares in the company, while Takahashi and Sugiura have 30 shares each.

It could be Soma Bringer, Xenoblade or Baten Kaitos related and I'd be beyond pleased. And of course, something completely original would be exciting too (as long as it's an RPG of the same quality).

Then again, it's not like we'll ever see it in the US anyway.

Instro said:
Awesome. Cant wait to see what it is.

WiiU bought day 1!

So geeked out on Baten that I had to import that BK:Origins shit for GC which cost me a fortune back in the day when I was still a teenager.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Edit: Seems the Nintendo Dream information was fake >.<

But luckily the MSLI piece of art that was embedded in the flash still holds true, so we'll see where that and Yasuyuki Honne takes us ;)

Baten Kaitos = <3

Top Bottom