• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast confirmed as the free game for PS4 PS+ members in February

That's good, been looking forward to it since they announced it for Plus at E3... besides, Don't Starve is starting to piss me off at this point. Dying in that game after surviving for ages is truly frustrating.

Got to Day 13 before dying and thought I was awesome.
Pulled up a Twitch stream on the PS4 last night and there was a guy on Day 50... on the second level (so I think it added up to over 140 days surviving so far).

I felt like a complete amateur, but had fun watching him. :)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Have you played it? Is it junk?

I did a review on it sometime after launch. I can't exactly call it junk but the jist of my issues with it is that the horror, running and stealth mechanics are fairly hollow. It does one type of scare, not particularly well I might add, and rides that for the whole 6-8 hour trainride.

Could have been so much better.

viveks86

really? damn. my two friends played it on pc last year and they really enjoyed it. i was going to buy it too. well, at least it's free! ps+ keeps delivering.

This really seems to be a love it or hate it kind of game. Worth giving it a shot if you are into the genre.

Is this that procedural generated game ?

That's Daylight.

It's an extremely impressive indie horror game. Visually looks great and it def provides the scares. Unfortunatly it looses its luster towards the end with it's repeating gameplay tactics and the scares suffer because of it. Still a sweet experience imo. It's truly the equivalent of a haunted house experience in my eyes, granted that just isn't very deep.

Yeah, I played it at a friends house and it felt very horror lite for the most part. It's really only scary for those people who find garbage like Paranormal Activity scary....

If you're a horror fan/veteran, you won't find much here to scare you. Saying that, it does have a nice atmosphere and as mentioned above, it's incredibly well done for an indie game.

Carl

Not usually my kind of thing but will definitely give it a go.

Seems like all of the PSN games that come out on PS4 after launch are free on PS+, lol.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Even sweeter. I'm really glad I finally signed up for ps+ in December. It's way more legit than I initially thought it was going to be.

Ugh. Another disappointing game. So many disappointing games (as far as my taste go) are being chosen for PS+ on PS4, come on Sony step up your game! Give me some good games with higher value than an indie game. Something like Lego Marvel or something.

Hell, maybe this game will be worth playing just for a Let's Play, whenever the hell Sony let's people record on PS4 with a capture card. Any news on that?

First, the amazing Resogun.
Then, the addictive Don't Starve.
February, the horror debut with Outlast.
March, almost certainly DriveClub.

What a start for PS Plus on PS4.

Brought to you by Sony Computer Entertainment (tm).

Just poking fun. Your post sounds like it's straight off of a PR sheet.

maltrain

I really, REALLY, hope Sony update the PS4 firmware before releasing Outlast for playing the game with the Pulse headphones.

Story goes to complete shit by the end and it's a one trick pony in the scares department but I still enjoyed my time with it on PC. It took me about 5 hours to finish it so I'll likely give it another playthrough on the PS4. Why not? It's free.:)

That's great; this was a game that definitely interested me when I get around to buying a PS4. Can we non PS4-owning paupers still claim the PS+ freebies via the website?

Yeah, I played it at a friends house and it felt very horror lite for the most part. It's really only scary for those people who find garbage like Paranormal Activity scary....

If you're a horror fan/veteran, you won't find much here to scare you. Saying that, it does have a nice atmosphere and as mentioned above, it's incredibly well done for an indie game.

I did an entire walkthrough of it on my channel and it got me good a few moments. The most was the intense chase sequences, but yeah it just looses steam way too quick and gets a little weird at the end. Also has a very cliche ending. I hope the sequel improves on these complaints. :D

maltrain

Brought to you by Sony Computer Entertainment (tm).

Just poking fun. Your post sounds like it's straight off of a PR sheet.

Nop...
Resogun is great, Don´t Starve is excellent (you can see my posts on the OT) and waited for Oulast since the announcement on E3 (you can see my posts too).

And well... I'm pretty sure DriveClub will be amazing and, besides, will have a chilean track too... double win for me.

Cragvis

Well it's 80 on Metacritic, which is higher than Contrast and Don't Starve.

Honestly, Don't Starve bored me after I reached Day 4. It's really not my bag. I thought Contrast was like a dreadful late 90s PC shareware game. And don't count on Driveclub launching in March.

But Resogun is fanfuckingtastic. Which way more than makes up for it.

Contrast was totally MEH to me, stopped after the first level. Totally not into it, its aesthetics, or gameplay.

Resogun is amazing for what it is. I love it, but dont think I can plat it, im too lame.

I never really got into dont starve. saw people play it, hated the graphic aesthetics, the way it looks, blaaaa.

But then I finally played it thanks to ps+

Played it for 5 hours straight...I love it. Holy crap I am soo addicted to it now, what the...

I love minecraft, 7 days to die, rust, dayz. I love them survival games, and after I got past the tim burtonesc design (yes shoot me now, I never liked tim burton stuff), its a super deep survival game.

I never liked amnesia or other non combat jump scare games...but outlast will be free, so I will try it out at least.

Skeff

I don't have much interest in outlast for myself but to be honest, I'm just oging to play it when my girlfriends in the same room to scare her, yes I'm mean.

level44

relieved.gif

I haven't played "Contrast" yet... too many games for me to play and little time. :(

It's really good, I was surprised by it.

Awesome, I was waiting for this on PS4!
Now ship some consoles to Germany, Sony. Pretty please! Haven't seen the console in stores at all.

Teletraan1

Banned
I will give it a try. I didnt expect to like Don't Starve and ended up playing that game for a week strait like some sort of maniac. I like that PSN+ has been giving us some odd ball games like this rather than just a bunch of AAA sales rejects or older titles. I can buy that stuff for cheap anyway. These are games I would have never even considered and I am enjoying them.

Top Bottom