• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Man, I was looking at the achievements and people are saying the repeatable quest ones are nearly impossible because of how quickly you level past the level cap.

Kind of lame how many achievements this game permanently locks you out of.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I was looking at the achievements and people are saying the repeatable quest ones are nearly impossible because of how quickly you level past the level cap.

Kind of lame how many achievements this game permanently locks you out of.

I wonder if they'll fix it later? Because that's pretty shitty otherwise...

vaelic

Banned
couple of tips:

1. your inventory has an auto sort option. bottom right

2. you can provide your location to other by typing /location and itll post a link of your loc in chat

I wonder if they'll fix it later? Because that's pretty shitty otherwise...

Seems like the kind of thing they could easily fix. There will probably be more outrage later on when people get through the level rush. Once people get bored and start looking at achievements and realize a bunch are unreasonably unobtainable, there will hopefully be a patch.

Though maybe it's a blessing in disguise, cause these repeatable quests are an insane grind.

DrBo42

Seems like the kind of thing they could easily fix. There will probably be more outrage later on when people get through the level rush. Once people get bored and start looking at achievements and realize a bunch are unreasonably unobtainable, there will hopefully be a patch.

Though maybe it's a blessing in disguise, cause these repeatable quests are an insane grind.

I found some of those awful until I realized I can just aggro a ridiculous amount of enemies and still win if I play smart. Love it.

Didn't get much done tonight since it was late.

but did a few quest and finish one story quest.

someone cool made me this.

won't have time to wear until lvl 40 D:

and last picture.

Zeal

Banned
Guys, does anyone have a Frost Lion code for sale? I bought myself one, but when I tried to upgrade my wife's account to the collector's edition, it froze my CC thinking it was a multiple charge attempt. I just don't feel like waiting in line to talk to a GM for 2 hours. Know what I mean?

If anyone is so kind, PM me and I'll grab one from you. Thanks so much.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I just did a free transfer of my character from Blightwood To Celestial Hills. So glad they took a page out of Trions book and have free character transfers up!

and last picture.

Dude! That picture! I got it one time after I died and I was so flabbergasted at it that I had to explain it on /a chat xD

Zeal

Banned
holy hell, been on hold with enmasse for over 1hour now trying to fix my account issue. no agent yet, and online live operator hold is at over 2hr 40min wait. i'll hold on just for spite. this is fuckin' redic.

holy hell, been on hold with enmasse for over 1hour now trying to fix my account issue. no agent yet, and online live operator hold is at over 2hr 40min wait. i'll hold on just for spite. this is fuckin' redic.

I had alot of issues with my account today(still do), even sat in line for 6 hours for live chat only to be told no agents were available when i hit number 1 on the queue. Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt with all of the issues today, and hoping I'll be able to get a hold of someone tomorrow.

Man that first pegasus ride was visually amazing. Love the art style and detail going on in Tera.

And believe it or not you haven't seen shit yet. The second continent is full of one breathtaking vista after another. Allemantheia, the Glacial Bay zone, the Heartwood (Pandora would be jealous), it goes on and on.

DrBo42

For those of you that have rolled/are rolling priests: is it normal to be struggling to level with that character? I'm level 9 or so and man..it's rough going. Does it get easier?

NeOak

8da354fa.jpg

a05482ec.jpg

I love the enviroments

DrBo42

I'm so torn. I want the GAF population of Dragonfall but on a PVP server. Hate having 2 chars to bounce back and forth to.

Eldritch Academy is pretty cool. I tried to stream it to show some friends and it lagged out my game and got me killed... lame. They could do a lot more with these awesome zones like this and the excavation/mine thing other than kill/collect quests, but I don't mind it much anyway.

EDarkness

Looks like I can't play until my collectors edition arrives sometime this week. Heh, already behind the guild and I'll REALLY be behind when I can actually play again. Oh well, at least the game has a LFG tool.

Wallach

population of gaffers on VoT is pretty low D:

We got a fuckton on Dragonfall, last time I looked our roster was well over 100 and we had like 45 online when I logged off. I'm not real into the outlaw system, GvG will be enough interesting open-world PvP for me.

DrBo42

We got a fuckton on Dragonfall, last time I looked our roster was well over 100 and we had like 45 online when I logged off. I'm not real into the outlaw system, GvG will be enough interesting open-world PvP for me.

Wait wait. GvG is available on PVE servers? Is that instanced or dynamic?

Wallach

Wait wait. GvG is available on PVE servers? Is that instanced or dynamic?

It's not in yet but they said they are going to implement GvG on PvE servers; it has to be developed a bit more since they want it to be opt-in on an individual level once a war is active and that system isn't there in the current client. I'm guessing it'll go in around the same time the Battlegrounds go in (which are also supposed to be coming to PvE servers).

So I tried calling the support line today and got "it'll be 20 minutes, why not have us call you back?" And never got a call back. Instead I logged onto the site and tried to get a live chat going, which took three hours, only to get this message:

There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later.

What's the damn deal here?

DrBo42

I wonder how long it will be before the GMs grow extremely tired of doing the RP'd maintenance messages and write something inappropriate or hilarious.

I was under the impression that guilds can declare war on other guilds on the PVE servers.

Nope. Supposedly they will try to find a way to make consensual GvG work on the PvE servers. I'll believe it when I see it. Until then people can find all the GvG they could ever want on the PvP servers. The 3 pre-existing PvP servers are locked to new characters right now though due to incredible amounts of overcrowding, you could roll on Feral Valley if you wanted but meh.

It's funny to think that EME completely failed to anticipate the demand for the PvP servers. I guess more people ended up going PvP than anyone could have guessed. Anyone who followed the Tera beta thread knows I was completely against being on a PvP server going into the CBTs but now here I am on VoT and loving it there.

Ryuuga

Banned
Dinged 42 last night and had a freaking blast in CR last night with a couple of my friends. The game really opens up and the enjoyment is magnified when you have access to certain skills in your arsenal, especially glyphs.

Top Bottom