• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most clever/funniest usernames you've encountered online?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I played with MyBollocks in Halo 2 once. True story. He stuck it out while the rest of his team quit too, guy had balls, that's for sure.

Bunny

one dude on L4D 360 had the name "make my day jew". i know it's from borat, but still :lol

also, "edgar allen pwn" cracked me up.

Kade

The first time I saw Pvt. Parts on Day of Defeat made me laugh really hard. Then everyone started using that name.

Maaseru

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
qn3ceg.gif

2d1n61t.gif

I just wanted an excuse to post a Chavo gif.
No contaban con mi astucia!!!!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I wish I could find the pick from FFXI. It was two chararacters standing next to each other. One was named "Thundercats" and the other was named "Hooooooooooo".

Ri'Orius

meat is larceny

Thought it was pretty clever.

Sometimes I consider taking up a witty handle, but I've stuck with this one since freshmen year of high school, and I always dream that one day someone will recognize me from somewhere else on the interwebs...

TunaLover

MrBeggar said:
TurboJesus on Starcraft... the name still makes me laugh
and
TurbanSplitter on COD4/PSN

good times

I don't play online very often, but I think that TurboJesus is like the coolest name ever :lol

Baron

There's a guy that used to post on the shmups forum called TWITCHDOCTOR. That always made me laugh, it just seemed so appropriate for a shmup player. He even did it in all caps just like that - TWITCHDOCTOR! It made it all the better.

Loxley

I could make a laundry list of weird/amusing guild names I've come across in my MMO travels.

Two of my favorites:

~ <Spaceballs the Guild>
~ <Is this where I type it>

Some you have to play WoW to get, but they can be pretty good if you do ;)

~ <Least We Got Stables> - Alliance PvP Guild ;)
~ < Hordecore Pwnography>
~ <The Molten Corps.>
~ <Didn't Get Into Kara> - An arena team back when TBC launched.

thecheese

One time I saw someone on XBL with the gamertag "A message". I wanted him to send me a message but the bastard never did...

My old WoW guilds name is Gwen Stefani. To apply you had to name your favorite song of hers and write a paragraph on the reason why. Yeah... it's probably good I left that game. :lol :lol

Fio

Probably only Portuguese speakers will understand, but that's is very clever:

Super Saia Jeans.

It's a reference to Dragon Ball, super Saiyajin. The word "saia" means "skirt", so you can guess why that's funny.

Swifty

I remember this guy on Firearms Half-Life who team killed anybody that spawned in our base and had the name "Population Control." As much as I was pissed off that he was making our team lose, his nickname was absolutely perfect.

"Drain Bamage" was another funny nickname I ran into. It helped that he pretended to type like a retard.

I used to play TF2 with a guy named "The Homosexual Agenda". Always made me laugh.
Isn't that Matt Boyd from Three Panel Soul?

I remember running into two members of some sort of quasi-clan loooong ago while playing some Half-Life mods (probably Action Half-Life) that made me laugh: Walmart Security and K-Mart Rent-a-Cop. I changed my name to Dollar Store Deputy but was not invited into the fold :(

No idea why that made me laugh so hard, but it did.

There was also a guy on Kotaku (I needed somewhere to post during a ban, okay?) named "Tom Clancy's Samuraidino", which always made me giggle.

ntb825

308i05c.jpg

That's not my pic, but I can't for the life of me remember where I stole it from. If it's yours, feel free to claim it.

If you aren't a Halo player and don't get it, when you kill one of your own teammates in Halo, it says you "betrayed" them. Someone made their GT Obama, and someone else made America. Obama team killed America and that happened.

no i'm not anti Obama but I find this to be hilarious and clever

methane47

-x.Red.x- said:
I know I seen some I just don't remember now.

I find the pokemon names funny
I made a Dragonnite PSN name also

Also in socom I made A_LLaMa
It looked funny when i killed someone
A_LLaMa killed player with M4a1
player killed A_LLaMa with M4a1

In socom i made a player called "the Lag"

player killed by the lag would always show up.. and it was somewhat a double entendre since i had HORRIBLE ping at that time.. soo i was pretty much lag killing up and down the maps :D

I went by "therapist" when I played Counter Strike heavily in college. I was a psych major and I was awesome at Counter Strike so it fit.

EDIT: An old friend of mine also has the most awesome username but I think she still uses it for AIM so I won't post it. It looks "Princess Bride" on this DVD.

princessbride.jpg

I know it probably sounds weird to a lot of people but recently, with MMOs, I've become a big fan of naming my characters crazy ass complicated names... never anything that would break any ToS just hard to pronounce strings of letters. I think my name in the Aion beta right now is something like Daraeranadar, and in LotRO with my surname, title, and heritage attached it was a crazy tongue twister of death I won't even try to type out here :lol

G-Pink

On an old forum I thankfully don't go to anymore, there was a user with the name:

CockJugglingThunderCunt

And it's stuck with me ever since.

Top Bottom