• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

DMC |OT| And Dino was his name-o

Release dates
PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
JP January 17, 2013
NA January 15, 2013
EU January 18, 2013

Microsoft Windows
January 25, 2013

For all our new players
i302QQsrHNQ89.gif

For all our longtime players
0174_25758.gif

Reviews
vvf2p.png

This is absolutely amazing haha!

Dude Abides

Banned
I liked DMC1 and 3 but I haven't been following this game at all.

I take it there is a rough consensus that it's going to be shitty?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyone know if the Vergil's Downfall DLC is available for PC through pre-order like the console counterparts?

Haunted

I don't understand how he got from DD to SSS in what amounts to basically one good hit.

Makes me think I don't get some of the mechanics.

I know that the rating doesn't tick down with time like it used to (and I'm fine with that), but I don't understand how he got to that rating with what he did in the first place.

Great, now people who actually like and want to talk about this game don't have a place to do so.
You can use this thread, right here.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That twitter pic is embarrassing.

All things considered I doubt this will be a bad game as I always thought, but I sure as hell am not supporting it. Rental, lez go.

Im no fan in this new direction of the series, but this OT is disgrace for a DMC title.

OP might find it funny, but If you couldn't do a good job, you should of handed it to someone who could.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You mean like a place where people aren't allowed to post anything but positive thoughts and impressions? I'm... not sure you have the right forum.

AKA, Ninja Theory's forums.

Im no fan in this new direction of the series, but this OT is disgrace for a DMC title.

OP might find it funny, but If you couldn't do a good job, you should of handed it to someone who could.

It's not a DMC title. It's a DmC title.

nbthedude

What's a closeted hater? I don't think you're using that word right.

Or maybe you're implying everyone who hates the game is a secret homosexual. I think you could get in trouble for that!

I think he means all the those people who pretended like NT could have ever done anything right by them in the first place. And I'm convinced there are a lot of people like that.

The purist tirades just strike me as silly. For whatever reason if this game wasn't called Devil May Cry they would have no problem with it and they probably play a ton of action games without being so picky about them but because they care about intellectual property attached to a given game (for whatever reason) they howl and yell and make silly .gifs if they don't feel the IP matches what they think the brand should represent.

Isaccard

image.php

ezekial can make the second OT thread, once all the DMC fans have bitched and whined through a total of 400 pages.

Why didin't he make the first?

Honestly, this OT was intended for people who indulge in mocking this game. Which is just unfair.

Why didin't you make the OT then?

guys people are posting negative things about our videogame on the internet. all the money we spent on reviews might not actually help us now

MODS HELP

Carbonox

I don't understand how he got from DD to SSS in what amounts to basically one good hit.

Makes me think I don't get some of the mechanics.

I know that the rating doesn't tick down with time like it used to (and I'm fine with that), but I don't understand how he got to that rating with what he did in the first place.

You can use this thread, right here.

IIRC once you demon dodge at the right time (just before an enemy attack lands), Dante glows red to signal the fact that you did it successfully. This glow gives you an attack boost. Using any move, especially one that hits multiple enemies (in that gif he hit two) and is powerful, will result in a jump in style ranks. While I wasn't able to replicate the SSS, I was able to jump from like a D to an A. :lol Either way it's ridiculous.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Honestly, this OT was intended for people who indulge in mocking this game. Which is just unfair.

Not really. There are plenty of less serious opening post OT's that do just fine. Look at Ninja Gaiden II's, for example. An OT doesn't have to be an opus.

I think he means all the those people who pretended like NT could have ever done anything right by them in the first place. And I'm convinced there are a lot of people like that.

The purist tirades just strike me as silly. For whatever reason if this game wasn't called Devil May Cry they would have no problem with it and they probably play a ton of action games without being so picky about them but because they care about intellectual property attached to a given game (for whatever reason) they howl and yell and make silly .gifs if they don't feel the IP matches what they think the brand should represent.

It's not that hard to understand. Longtime Devil May Cry fans were eager for a new installment in the franchise. This is pretty far off from what a lot of us wanted.

Definitely a lot of overreactions to the game, though.

sleepykyo

Great, now people who actually like and want to talk about this game don't have a place to do so.

RE6 was even more universally hated (even game critics couldn't support it) and the OT still ended up mostly positive after a week.

edit: Wait, the mod is actually letting it rock with a single asterisk change?

Must........resist.....avatar......quote.

The reception this game has gotten makes me wonder if Sucker Punch would have gone through the same thing had they went with the character redesign in inFamous 2 like they originally planned.

LTWheels

What the hell qualifies as a genuine review? Metacritic-approved?

Nope. An Italian website put up a review before the game had actually been sent to websites. At that time review code of the game had only been sent to magazines. So either the website, reviewed the game without playing or got it illegally.

Glass Rebel

Anyone know if the Vergil's Downfall DLC is available for PC through pre-order like the console counterparts?

I've looked around and Steam and GMG only give you the costume DLC for free. Which is exactly why I'm waiting for it to get cheaper, thank you, Capcom.

DMC |OT| And Dino was his name-o

Release dates
PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
JP January 17, 2013
NA January 15, 2013
EU January 18, 2013

Microsoft Windows
January 25, 2013

For all our new players
i302QQsrHNQ89.gif

For all our longtime players
0174_25758.gif

Reviews
vvf2p.png
I wonder what he means by genuine reviews? What does it MEAN??

Haunted

IIRC once you demon dodge at the right time (just before an enemy attack lands), Dante glows red to signal the fact that you did it successfully. This glow gives you an attack boost. Using any move, especially one that hits multiple enemies (in that gif he hit two) and is powerful, will result in a jump in style ranks. While I wasn't able to replicate the SSS, I was able to jump from like a D to an A. :lol Either way it's ridiculous.
Ah, so it's tied to a special counter bonus. I actually like that. It looks like it's too generous with the ranks, though.

I never got highest ranks in any DMC level because I'm not a very good player, and that's fine with me.

Easy victories that are handed to you aren't real victories. Which is not a big deal in itself, plenty of games do that and it helps appeal to scrubs - but it robs the people who are good enough to get SSS on their own of the satisfaction, and that's bullshit.

What's the deal with the "no genuine review" comment?
https://twitter.com/NinjaTheory/status/288017116836282368

Top Bottom