• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mike

If not the snakes, then probably Ellaria Sand will meet with Varys who will convince her to let Dany invade Westeros via Dorne. That's my bet anyway.

I suppose there does have to be some reason for that whole story line to have happened. Although Dorne is supposed to be fiercely independent, no? Perhaps that's how they'll sell it though. "Let us through and you'll get to enjoy relative independence".

Elandyll

Banned
XqseYyA.gif
Told my wife "It's sick, but I can't stop grinning at somebody getting their face pummeled" :)

Revolver

This season has just flown by. Battle of the Bastards was so amazing and among the best episodes of any series I've ever seen. I just can't stop thinking about it. Stoked for the finale.

This season has seriously gotten me back on board. Last season I was a little iffy but this one has been non stop incredible. I think the show has finally surpassed the books in quality. Well done, HBO.

Denzar

That was one of the best episode in any TV series I've ever seen. Damn. Such a great build up, nailbiting to the bitter end. For a second I thought
we lost Jon again, and Tormund as well. I cried out when Tormund bit a chunk out of Umber's neck.
Damn, that was really satisfying.

The way they shot the battle was really brutal and original. Eat your heart out, Hollywood.

RangerX

Banned
Last episode was fantastic and the best battle scene I have ever seen on tv. I have to say though I am missing the complex and nuanced political games of the first three seasons. The show has gone in a more traditional direction I hadn't envisaged earlier on. Also while this episode was fantastic, it was also the most predictable in the entire series, but I suppose thats to be expected when the show is nearing its end.

Revolver

Nothing left in the show could possibly be as satisfying as this was. You could honestly loop Jon dropping punch after punch and I'd watch it with joy for a good solid five minutes.

It was such a satisfying release for the viewer. Everybody has been wanting to do that for years.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nothing left in the show could possibly be as satisfying as this was. You could honestly loop Jon dropping punch after punch and I'd watch it with joy for a good solid five minutes.

Could have made it slightly better, with creating an effect of Ramsey's teeth being knocked out/loosened up. Crushed Eyesockets or something. It ends up looking like they just painted his face with red blood.

RS4-

Davos gonna marry Sansa.

And too bad, local theatres here aren't screening the finale. Last season was pretty fun with the whole Jon Snow thing.

Could have made it slightly better, with creating an effect of Ramsey's teeth being knocked out/loosened up. Crushed Eyesockets or something. It ends up looking like they just painted his face with red blood.

Agreed, but in the end he got has face chewed off anyway, lol.

ASIS

Woah, is this the first time the season thread reaches its limit before the finale or has it happened before?

Johns plot armour was in overdrive in that last ep.
I did find it abit whack that sansa never mentions getting help, so a shit load of people get annihilated before they rock up. That and i cant work out why the giant does not have a sword to cleave folk in half with.

Even up to the door breach I was expecting them to lose in true GoT fashion which I dont think would ever happen in any-other show

Woah, is this the first time the season thread reaches its limit before the finale or has it happened before?

Last year the book reader thread rolled past 20k right after the finale, but the *no book spoilers* version hasn't done this before.

Timbuktu

I think there is a need for someone like Sansa who knows how to play the game on the side of Starks. I think that balances stuff by the end of the series.

I guess people's qualms with her would be that she didn't seem to be on the side of the Starks per se, but more out of her own revenge on Ramsey. She's always be the least Stark-like Stark, but she kinda hung Jon out to dry by holding back information. Hopefully they don't gloss it over and Jon would stop her going fully 'darth'.

Aurongel

Why did Ramsay shoot Wun Wun with an arrow instead of a completely defenseless and distracted Jon?
He's so vain and stuck up his own ass that if you told me the reason he shot Wun Wun was to say some sick shit to Jon before his inevitable death then I'd believe it. But Occam's Razor tells me it's just some Hollywood ass plot convenience.

samn

Last episode was fantastic and the best battle scene I have ever seen on tv. I have to say though I am missing the complex and nuanced political games of the first three seasons. The show has gone in a more traditional direction I hadn't envisaged earlier on. Also while this episode was fantastic, it was also the most predictable in the entire series, but I suppose thats to be expected when the show is nearing its end.

I don't think it'll ever really reach the heights of the first 4 seasons, which were fantastic apart from that rape-scene-that-wasn't-meant-to-be-a-rape-scene. It's still an enjoyable watch but it's sagging in places, predictable plots, seems to be repeating itself. sad

rambis

Banned
Johns plot armour was in overdrive in that last ep.
I did find it abit whack that sansa never mentions getting help, so a shit load of people get annihilated before they rock up. That and i cant work out why the giant does not have a sword to cleave folk in half with.

Even up to the door breach I was expecting them to lose in true GoT fashion which I dont think would ever happen in any-other show
I don't know how sansa would know. Little Finger and that brat had resolved to help them a few episodes ago but when they finally met up it was more hostile. There's a chunk of plot missing because the last time they met was more confrontational than anything.

Either I way I dont see how you could possibly blame her for that.

I don't think it'll ever really reach the heights of the first 4 seasons, which were fantastic apart from that rape-scene-that-wasn't-meant-to-be-a-rape-scene. It's still an enjoyable watch but it's sagging in places, predictable plots, seems to be repeating itself. sad

I just feel like its the writers having to wing it without having a book to reference.

At that point there was ~20 people pointing their bows at Ramsay. Ramsay was practically dead and he knew it. He wanted that final duel.

Werent the bows pointed after he shot Wun Wun? Either way he could have easily gotten his shot off. Ramsay knew he lost and he's fucked. Might as well take the leader down with him.

He's so vain and stuck up his own ass that if you told me the reason he shot Wun Wun was to say some sick shit to Jon before his inevitable death then I'd believe it. But Occam's Razor tells me it's just some Hollywood ass plot convenience.

The Lord of Light curved the arrow.

Yup. I think the writers just forgot or didn't even think about it.

Ramsay is cocky but he's not stupid. He had a pretty solid battle plan and would have obliterated Jons army if it wasn't for LF.

Ithil

Ramsay having his smug face punched in has had four seasons of smirking invincibility building to it. Catharsis isn't even a strong enough word.

JonCha

Ramsay having his smug face punched in has had four seasons of smirking invincibility building to it. Catharsis isn't even a strong enough word.

Yep. Usually I'd cringe at that kind of scene and want the person to stop, but I was totally behind Jon just crushing every part of his face.

RulkezX

Are we expecting any answers to the TOJ stuff we have seen this season ? Jon's parentage question seems to have just disappeared around half way through the season.

Elandyll

Banned
Why did Ramsay shoot Wun Wun with an arrow instead of a completely defenseless and distracted Jon?
I believe he thought Jon would be vain and stupid enough to come at him with his sword, finishing the giant first was to make him angry (which Jon had shown was a weakness).

But Jon thought about the situation rapidly, dropped Longclaw real quick to grab a Mormont shield and then gave us one of the most badass scene in the ep imo (and Ramsay thinking he was such a crackshot couldn't land an arrow 10 feet away, losing his grin quickly).

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

And he still had a smirk at the end, what a little fuck.

Ferrio

Banned
Are we expecting any answers to the TOJ stuff we have seen this season ? Jon's parentage question seems to have just disappeared around half way through the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just drop it at that one vision and just let us piece it together. At this point coming out and explicitly stating it would seem a bit dumb, unless we see bran do some more time traveling.

-griffy-

Banned

I would be shocked if we didn't see the rest of that scene in the finale. According to the preview,
Bran is in it, so I'm expecting it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom