• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCVR Game Discussion |Thread| Knocking down the (virtual) walls

SimplexPL

Hi,

I'm considering buying a third sensor for my rift bundle in order to get full 360° tracking.
But it would not be possible to place the rear sensor directly in the back of my play area, I would have to place it on the rear left corner - would this work?

So this is not possible:

*....................*

..........*

... it would be more like:

*....................*

Thanks!
That is exactly how you are supposed to place it.

Ga9ZgSU.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/wiki/touch_360_roomscale

Eirulan

Ah, perfect.

Edit
The setup guide on reddit mandates to use a separate USB 3 card, why is that? I've got more than enough spare USB 3 ports on my PC...

stoke1863

just finished Edge of nowhere, only took 3 and a half hours, overall enjoyable but the ending and the end section of the game felt very flat.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
This looks interesting!! What do you all think about CCP games basically stopping investment in new VR games? I think it’s a little bit of a bummer, but it’s an opening for another studio to fill whatever void they have left behind.

I think its a bummer, but they said its only be for the next 2 to 3 years so I guess its fine.

I'm really enjoying Serious Sam 3 as someone who already loved the "flat" version, Croteam deserve a ton of credit for jumping into VR so early and taking the time and effort to make sure their VR Remasters are extremely polished.

QYq4Uiy.gif

Serious Sam has always been one of my favorite series so I really can't put into words how happy I am to have been able to experience this series again in VR. I've bought every Croteam VR release at launch which has led to alot of additional discounts which is another thing they're great with. I hope they find great success in the future when VR is more widely available since they will already be on the market by that time compared to other companies playing catch up with their VR Remasters.

Ionic

Yeah, Serious Sam 3 VR is great. The one issue is that beginning part underground is now kind of terrifying instead of just a bit of a slog.

ArtHands

I got serious sam vr cheap via the bundle as i have the previous Croteam VR games

Mathrin

I picked up GunClub VR for about £3 last night in a 24 hour sale on the Rift store.

It's not quite as good as H3, but honestly it feels way tighter but that might be the fact it was made for Rift.

Loving the "progression" of it. Buying weapons, levelling up and having a purpose as opposed to "Heres weapons, shoot stuff."

Looking forward to its intended updates as it's developed.

Shifty

Nabbed Battlezone in the steam sale, that game is pretty neat. I'm not big on roguelikes, but you pick your campaign length and difficulty so the crushing despair of permadeath can be mitigated somewhat.
The gameplay is fun, the tank feels decently hefty and the left-right rotation coupled with up-down turret pitch makes for satisfying aiming controls.

Probably not worth the undiscounted £30 asking price, but it's worth getting in the sale.

Also it was really weird starting it up and trying to boost dodge everything like I do in most games, only to be hard punished for it. There's an entertaining satisfaction to the game saying "you're in a fucking tank stop trying to dance around and just take it, you have like four life bars" through the mechanics alone.

abracadaver

Finally could login again after the forum software change.

I got an Oculus Rift 3 weeks ago and bought a ton of VR games during the winter sale. Basically everything that was in the steam blog vr highlights.

My favourite games so far are: (not in order)

Arizona Sunshine
H3VR
Killing Floor: Incursion
Gun Club VR
GORN
Eleven: Table Tennis VR
Operation Warcade VR
Pavlov VR (it's VR Counter-Strike)
Onward
Serious Sam: Last Hope
SUPERHOT
Brookhaven Experiment

I haven't played everything yet and I haven't tried anything from the Oculus store. But I can really recommend these games.

What I don't like is how every game does weapons differently. H3VR and Gun Club have by far the best weapon handling and reload mechanics (most realistic). Worst is in Killing Floor where you just click a button like in a 2D game.

I had a DK2 a few years ago but barely used it but I've been playing in VR every day since I got the Rift because it's so awesome. I love the touch controllers.

Also enabling supersampling is a must. It makes the games so much clearer.

hivsteak

Bought a vive despite the upcoming pro model. Fallout 4 is bundled and should keep me busy for a while. I installed a bunch of free VR games as well. Superhot, Serious Sam, and Arizona Sunshine I'll end up buying eventually.

Not looking forward to setting up the sensors. My room is a bit awkward, I'll need to jury-rig the sensors before I decided on a fixed spot. I think I'll buy some stands instead of mounting to the wall or ceiling.

Tumle

Bought a vive despite the upcoming pro model. Fallout 4 is bundled and should keep me busy for a while. I installed a bunch of free VR games as well. Superhot, Serious Sam, and Arizona Sunshine I'll end up buying eventually.

Not looking forward to setting up the sensors. My room is a bit awkward, I'll need to jury-rig the sensors before I decided on a fixed spot. I think I'll buy some stands instead of mounting to the wall or ceiling.
You should also get Pavlov if you like shooters :)
But congrats on your new investment and welcome to VR:)

Last edited:

Tumle

and onward.
Yea i only have Pavlov since I’m not that into military shooters, but still wanted one.. so I had a lot of back and forth with myself about which one to get 😊
But i have had a fantastic time with it and the cs maps are fun to play in VR:)
Also if you have payday 2 it should be playeble in VR too now.. though I own it I haven’t tried it yet :)

Kalisto

Neo Member
What you guys think of the future of VR? I'm talking about exclusive hardware games and stuff like that. I just bought a Rift and didn't know that Doom snd

abracadaver

What you guys think of the future of VR? I'm talking about exclusive hardware games and stuff like that. I just bought a Rift and didn't know that Doom snd

Check out A-Tech Cybernetic VR

Unlike Doom it runs perfect on Rift and is way longer than Doom and a better VR game overall

It's even on sale in the oculus store right now if you don't mind buying games outside of Steam. There is also a demo available on Steam

ArtHands

I think its great. We are still getting AAA games like Skyrim VR next month, and Marvel Power United soon. Oculus is announcing some new AAA VR titles and The Mage's Tale iscoming soon as well

So Im a PC noob and the last PC i bought was a prebuilt in 2012 with a GTX 680 in it

is it worth it now to buy a prebuilt with a RTX 2080 or should i wait for the 3000 series (which is what I'm hearing alot of PC nerds suggest)

also, after that, which Headset would u recommend that doesn't cost 5 thousand dollars?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Reinstalled Doom VFR on my much better spec PC with Quest 3 via virtual desktop. What a blast. Much better then I remember it being.

Top Bottom