• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

sajj316

GAF, too late to get into this game multiplayer? Need my Uncharted fix but I've played the crap out of single player (like 5 times already)

RadioHeadAche said:
I'm one trophy away from a platinum (which has been pretty easy so far). However, I'm sure crushing will give me some trouble.

By the way, would any of you care to swap PSN names so we could play online? One of the reasons I bought U2 was the fact that my friend and I finally could play a game together. Of course, the one time we try it the party system was not working. Anyway, I'd really like to play with some of you instead of going solo. Plus, maybe I could get a little better.

My PSN is KILLTHEM16, I've been heavy on AssCreed:Bro right now but ill be balancing between that and UC2. You can go ahead and add me if you want.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Double cash (and more!) to celebrate Hanukkah

zeIYu.jpg

The great thing about December is that is has a ton of holidays and if there’s anything we love at Naughty Dog, it’s holidays – because they give us reason to do cool things for our UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer community.

Hanukkah just started yesterday and will run through sundown on Thursday, December 9, this year. We were talking about running Double Cash during the full eight days, but one of our game designers did us one better. He suggested we run a progressive multiplier for each day of Hanukkah.

We’ve started observing the Hanukkah holiday on Wednesday, December 1, with 1x cash. At around 10:30 AM PST on Thursday, December 2, we will kick up the bonus to 2x. Each subsequent day the multiplier will go up by one at roughly the same time.

Day one is only 1x cash, but day two (Thursday, December 2) is 2x cash, day three (Friday, December 3) is 3x cash and so on, ending with a never before seen 8x cash on the last day of Hanukkah!

Our progressive cash multiplier event will end at around sundown – just before 5:00 PM PST on Thursday, December 9.​

sajj316

Killthee said:

zeIYu.jpg

The great thing about December is that is has a ton of holidays and if there’s anything we love at Naughty Dog, it’s holidays – because they give us reason to do cool things for our UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer community.

Hanukkah just started yesterday and will run through sundown on Thursday, December 9, this year. We were talking about running Double Cash during the full eight days, but one of our game designers did us one better. He suggested we run a progressive multiplier for each day of Hanukkah.

We’ve started observing the Hanukkah holiday on Wednesday, December 1, with 1x cash. At around 10:30 AM PST on Thursday, December 2, we will kick up the bonus to 2x. Each subsequent day the multiplier will go up by one at roughly the same time.

Day one is only 1x cash, but day two (Thursday, December 2) is 2x cash, day three (Friday, December 3) is 3x cash and so on, ending with a never before seen 8x cash on the last day of Hanukkah!

Our progressive cash multiplier event will end at around sundown – just before 5:00 PM PST on Thursday, December 9.​

Looks like I'm finally going in ...

KrawlMan

Just borrowed 1 and 2 from some friends (never owned a PS3, but my current roommate has one). Played through 1 in a couple days, pretty fun. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much better 2 is :D

Unicorn

Finally got this game back from my friend. Perfect timing too as now it seems the perfect time to jump into multiplayer.

What dlc is worth grabbing btw?

Anyone wanna add me: Yagya

Killthee said:

zeIYu.jpg

I was thinking of rebuying the game...and that just sold me on it! It was actually going to be a Hanukkah gift too!

Unicorn said:
Finally got this game back from my friend. Perfect timing too as now it seems the perfect time to jump into multiplayer.

I just got everything except the skins. All the map DLC is pretty damn good.

jett

D-Member
Unicorn said:

Both level packs.

Kittonwy said:
Aight tynez?
Indifferent2.gif

wat

Rikyfree

Playe some earlier today. I swear ND, do something about your matchmaking. I only played with a couple people from my CONTINENT, let alone my region. Everyone else I was lucky if they were in my fucking hemisphere. I am at wits end here. When I kill someone, then they kill me at the same time, I respawn, THEN that person dies, there's a fucking problem.

And to think I used to play MGO over this. Oh the insanity.

I want to try to finish Crushing before I start playing a lot of multiplayer.

By the way, GAFRadioHeadAche is my PSN name. Please identify yourself if you add me just so I know who you are.

Curufinwe said:
There's a way to enable one-hit kills on Crushing difficulty even though you're only supposed to be able to use them on difficulty levels you've already beaten the game on.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/un...w-use-tweaks-crushing-without-beating-37.html

Start at post #366 and read down.

Thanks, but I want to beat it legitimately without cheats.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can't wait for 8x cash. I can't believe it. I think with 8x and the previous x cash I will finally get rid of that disgusting pink level 63 emblem!

And matchmaking hates me because when I play deathmatch, it always pairs me with the most disappointing team ever. It's usually always me doing all the scoring and my team mates doing all the dying. :( Hey, I'm starting to see a pattern here...because it's the same thing with Plunder!

Edit:

Unicorn said:
Like everyone else has mentioned, absolutely. You definitely need to get both of the map packs. Skins are completely hit or miss, but that's depending whether or not you want to use them or not. The map packs however are excellent and highly recommended. A lot of the online community has them and it's not hard to find matches with them.

Levi

Banned
Everyone in the objective playlist was looking to boost--so fun hearing the bitter tears and getting the four increasingly hysterical PSN messages when we kept winning before they could get ANY money. #lol

aristotle

So no body seems to have noticed anything wrong with them giving an 8x cash multiplier on the start of a Jewish holiday? Not that I condone such ignorant things, but jus' sayin'. :lol

CozMick

Banned
I'm finding it too hard to change discs, it seems GT5 is stuck in my PS3.

And you wanna know why Naughty Dog?!?!

Because your matchmaking fucking sucks!

I DO NOT LIVE IN ASIA, NOR MEXICO! GOD DAMN IT!

/rant

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Do the medals, treasure and trophy progress follow you into game replays, specifically on higher difficulties? I know they do if you just continue...

Killthee said:

zeIYu.jpg

:lol I wonder if they'll note other holidays in December. Slippery slope.

jett

D-Member
Sorry for the disconnection yesterday guys. Man playing against farmers is the best. Fucking douches.

25X multiplier on Christmas, I called it here first!

Dan said:
Do the medals, treasure and trophy progress follow you into game replays, specifically on higher difficulties? I know they do if you just continue...

If you want to play form the beginning just select chapter 1 from the "Chapters" menu(don't select new game), everything will carry on. If you want the trophies from beating the game in hard and crushing difficulties be sure to select it before you start playing, and don't change it mid-chapter. Don't use cheats, either.

Darkatomz

Holy shit, why didn't I know about this until just now? I think I'll set aside Dead Nation for a while and play some tomorrow. Won't have my mic though, sold it to a friend and planning on getting the 2.0 mic...

thetechkid

I picked up the GOTY edition at Walmart today and from the way everyone talks about it, the game better change gaming as I know it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I made so much cash tonight, but I'm still so far away from reaching 64! Also, the amount of players online isn't at the 30k numbers anymore! It's at 40k where it's normally supposed to be. Now let's get it to keep on increasing!

Nakiro

They should just give the level 80 tags to everyone. No wonder you have high levels who can't even shoot now. I'm slightly disappointed.
5x for a day was not too bad, though they should have spread it out like the Thanksgiving event so everyone can take some advantage of it.
What's next.. 25x-31x between Christmas and New Years?
I mean it's great for the average Joe who gets to a 60-70-80 and goes off to brag to his friends, but if everyone is that high where's the reward for those who made it that high on their own?

jett

D-Member
Nakiro said:
They should just give the level 80 tags to everyone. No wonder you have high levels who can't even shoot now. I'm slightly disappointed.
5x for a day was not too bad, though they should have spread it out like the Thanksgiving event so everyone can take some advantage of it.
What's next.. 25x-31x between Christmas and New Years?
I mean it's great for the average Joe who gets to a 60-70-80 and goes off to brag to his friends, but if everyone is that high where's the reward for those who made it that high on their own?

Their reward is acknowledging that they need psychiatric help.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jett said:
Their reward is acknowledging that they need psychiatric help.

:lol So true. Some of the "legit" level 80's really need to go outside or play more games. Because the requirements after 50 are insane.

jett

D-Member
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Can someone explain how cash gets earned in MP? Is there values list for each game posted anywhere? I've just never figured out how it works.

Thanks.

You get different "medals" by achieving different things, like capturing treasure in plunder, or killing five people in a row. The amount each medal is worth is shown when you get it. You also get money for every kill, of course.

jett said:
You get different "medals" by achieving different things, like capturing treasure in plunder, or killing five people in a row. The amount each medal is worth is shown when you get it. You also get money for every kill, of course.

I get that, but I just can't understand how people get such crazy earnings...granted I only get like 8 kills in deathmatches usually. lol

I tried so hard for an objective or plunder match last night and the game couldn't find any matches.

jett

D-Member
I get that, but I just can't understand how people get such crazy earnings...granted I only get like 8 kills in deathmatches usually. lol

I tried so hard for an objective or plunder match last night and the game couldn't find any matches.

Right. Well, once you reach high levels, 48+ or so, you start getting negative boosters. They will impair your gameplay in some way(less health, less ammo, that kind of thing), but they will also GREATLY increase the amount of money you can get in a match. Every time you kill five people with negative boosters activated you get a ridiculous cash bonus.

jett

D-Member
Some little kid was screaming no kills in the Chain reaction lobby (before I muted him). TIME FOR KILLS!!!! :lol

YES, it's awesome. Yesterday I was pretty much in a 1 against 9 match. Everyone wanted to kill me, members of my own team were giving directions to the "enemies" from where I was coming from. :lol

I will continue fighting the good fight.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
xKilltheMx said:
What is this Chain Reaction, I looked through all the Playlist and can't find it.
It's an objective mode. There's 5 numbered king of the hill torches set out across the map, team 1 is closest to torch #1 and team 2 is closest to torch #5. First team to capture all 5 torches in order wins (Team 1 = 1,2,3,4,5; Team 2 = 5,4,3,2,1).

Killthee said:
It's an objective mode. There's 5 numbered king of the hill torches set out across the map, team 1 is closest to torch #1 and team 2 is closest to torch #5. First team to capture all 5 torches in order wins (Team 1 = 1,2,3,4,5; Team 2 = 5,4,3,2,1).

Ahh thanks for the quick reply. Sounds fun.

Oh that's a lot of crap. The server never connected me, but somehow I got the early leave bonus. Bah, luckily I don't care too much about state maxing.

jett said:
YES, it's awesome. Yesterday I was pretty much in a 1 against 9 match. Everyone wanted to kill me, members of my own team were giving directions to the "enemies" from where I was coming from. :lol

I will continue fighting the good fight.

Nice! We should play on line together to screw with people! :D

Granted I think I might return the game or take a little break. I can't seem to find anything but deathmatches.

jett

D-Member
Oh that's a lot of crap. The server never connected me, but somehow I got the early leave bonus. Bah, luckily I don't care too much about state maxing.

Nice! We should play on line together to screw with people! :D

Granted I think I might return the game or take a little break. I can't seem to find anything but deathmatches.

Add me man, my psn is in my profile.

Teflon

Hi guys! I'm going to talk about my experience with Uncharted 2 today. I want to thank you for taking the time to read this.

I picked up Uncharted 2 when Amazon had it on one of their Black Friday deals. Let me start off by saying I'm not a big video game player anymore. This was more of a impulse buy more than anything. I heard a lot of great things about this game so I decided what the hell. I finally had some time to sit down with the game yesterday and I literally played for almost 12 hours straight.

The graphics. O-M-G the graphics! in this game are astonishing. The graphics combined with the gameplay is just wonderful. The climbing and gun play go together smoothly and I had an overall fun experience playing this game.

But.. There is something that really annoys me about this game.

The lack of choices in this game are nonexistent. It seems like the old Metal Gear games walk down the hall a movie starts. Kill a few guys, solve a puzzle watch another movie. This just killed the whole experience for me. When I play a game I like to feel like I can control the outcome of the game and I'm not getting that feeling with Uncharted 2. Well, that's my opinion on the game.

TheSeks

Nothing but boosters in Objective's playlist due to this 4x shit.

WHEE! ISN'T UNCHARTED'S COMMUNITY SO AWESOME!?

At least trolling them and killing them and then booting my team gives me satisfaction.

jett

D-Member
TheSeks said:
Nothing but boosters in Objective's playlist due to this 4x shit.

WHEE! ISN'T UNCHARTED'S COMMUNITY SO AWESOME!?

At least trolling them and killing them and then booting my team gives me satisfaction.

The farmers are so fucking stupid. It's quicker to get 10 kills in DM, and you get more money too with two negboosters. This is the first time I've seen farming like this in U2 to be honest.

TheSeks

jett said:
The farmers are so fucking stupid. It's quicker to get 10 kills in DM, and you get more money too with two negboosters. This is the first time I've seen farming like this in U2 to be honest.

Honestly, I'm not surprised given how U2's community is filled with 12 year olds (I mean it is a T-rated game) + the shitty requirements to level to 60/80. Some of those people must really want Donut Drake on their profile.

Thanks, but I'll stick to the heist models.

TheSeks

dream said:
Dumb question but what's the difference between siege mode and co-op arena?

Uh, there isn't?

Siege is just a mode added to co-op arena that wasn't in the launch package.

Top Bottom