• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Affiliates getting sub buttons!!

Affiliates will have access to all subscription options: $4.99, $9.99 and $24.99/month, as well as the Twitch Prime free subscription. They'll have one sub emote for all subscribers, and two additional slots for $9.99 and $24.99 subs. And just like Partners, Affiliates will be able to offer sub-only chat.

Subscriptions for Affiliates coming this week!

FAQ:
Q. I'm an Affiliate. How do I upload my sub emote(s)?
A. As soon as your Sub button appears this week, you can upload your emote(s). Go to the Settings tab in your Dashboard, click Emoticons, then Edit, and upload your emoticon in the sizes specified, and then click Save Changes. You can find more details about sub emotes here.

Q. How long will it take for my sub emote(s) to be approved?
A. Review of Affiliate emotes can take up to a week or more, and there may be delays as we work through all the new emotes from tens of thousands of Affiliates. This process cannot be expedited (attempting to do so may, in reality, slow the process down). As well, events and holidays may extend the approval process, so please be patient while waiting for review.

Q. What is my Sub Emote Prefix?
A. It will be autoselected for you based on your Twitch username. You will find it on the emoticon upload page from the Settings tab in your Dashboard.

Q. Can I change my Sub Emote prefix?
A. We are not allowing changes to Affiliate sub emote prefixes at this time.

Q. When is Subscription gifting launching?
A. We're working hard to deliver this feature as soon as we can!

MUnited83

For you.
I don't think we got a thread about, but like a month ago Twitch announced Twitch Prime available globally which is pretty sweet combined with this.

Affiliate Eligibility

The criteria for Affiliates is likely to change as we develop the program. At launch we will invite non partnered streamers who have:
At least 500 total minutes broadcast in the last 30 days
At least 7 unique broadcast days in the last 30 days
An average of 3 concurrent viewers or more over the last 30 days
At least 50 Followers
Within a few weeks after your channel becomes eligible, you will be invited via email, the Notification Area in the upper right corner of twitch.tv, and on the Dashboard live tab.

That's not too bad at all. Good move more money for everyone.

bounchfx

not sure how I feel about this

I'm an affiliate, but I hardly stream often. I'd like to stream more, but sometimes life gets in the way or I don't feel up to it. I hope it's an option and not just an 'auto-on' kind of thing, I'd hate for people to sub and then me just go MIA because of reasons :/

I guess it's a good thing overall and I shouldn't be complaining though. Happy when people can support others.

this is twitch's way of squeezing money out almost every channel on their site. It is a genius thing. Some affliates will get 4-10 subs but that is better than nothing.

Top Bottom