• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy a GTX1080 get Destiny 2 free

Nobody is going to sell a Destiny 2 game code for anything less than $50.

what? the game is going to be $48 from amazon and best buy when the physical editions for PC go up. GMG regularly sells games for 15-20% discount pre launch. Anyone who thinks they'll get $50 for it on ebay is nuts, especially since only a tiny slice of people will even be able to redeem it - those who have 1080 cards, and I think you can't have already redeemed a game on your card already (not sure about that).

people will be lucky to sell it for $20-25 given those restrictions.

jediyoshi

especially since only a tiny slice of people will even be able to redeem it - those who have 1080 cards

The only real limiting factor is who can redeem it. Otherwise it's a pretty bad comparison to put this up against PC games in general. Games on the blizz launcher don't go the typical publisher route of allowing every third party digital distributor in on sales, Overwatch isn't even on GMG. Grey market still has it at >$30 whereas Amazon has it for $60.

Bruzur

Neo Member
I bought a 1080ti on the 8th, and customer service in chat wants me to send the unopened card back so I can order it again and get the offer. LOL, really? What did you all say to people on the phone and in email to just get the code?

I bought mine on the 9th.
The associate that I spoke to was aware that "exceptions" have been granted in the past, and given my timeframe he was willing to offer a, "one-time exception."

I told him that it would've been unacceptable otherwise (given the amount of money that was spent) not to consider granting me that exception.
(Yes, I played that card.)
And he "agreed," then proceeded to send me the code.

xinek

I bought mine on the 9th.
The associate that I spoke to was aware that "exceptions" have been granted in the past, and given my timeframe he was willing to offer a, "one-time exception."

I told him that it would've been unacceptable otherwise (given the amount of money that was spent) not to consider granting me that exception.
(Yes, I played that card.)
And he "agreed," then proceeded to send me the code.

I gave up and called, and the rep gave me the code no questions asked. She was incredibly friendly and awesome. It's good to know for the future -- if I ever have a real problem, I won't bother with chat support. Phone all the way.

I placed my order for the ASUS STRIX 1080 Ti last week...
Noticed this thread a few minutes ago and decided to call them.

The representative was able to get me a code without any issues.
Thank you, OP.

Proof.

This is why I keep telling people to email them.

They usually just give the codes.

I called them today and they said they couldn't do anything for me. Really pissed off about this honestly. $780 card and missed a promotion by two days. Such bullshit.

I have a 1080 already. I guess I can install GeForce experience and then uninstall it. Unless it's some kind of DRM for the game and needs to be installed to play, which I doubt.

I called them today and they said they couldn't do anything for me. Really pissed off about this honestly. $780 card and missed a promotion by two days. Such bullshit.

That's shitty. They should honor it. I would try again

That's shitty. They should honor it. I would try again

I shot them an email about it in hopes that yields better results. They recommend just returning the card and reordering and I seriously don't understand the difference in doing that. A code is a code it's still being sent regardless.

Bakercat

Man, I bought a 1080 last fall and I got gears of war 3 or 4, eh I can't remember. I don't care at all for the series. I should of sold the code for the game, but I used it and only played a few min of it. Good for those that like destiny though.

Bossniak

I emailed ASUS and they said my rog strix 1080ti doesn't qualify and only these cards do:

ROG STRIX GTX 1080 11Gbps OC
ROG STRIX GTX 1080 11Gbps Advanced
ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Advanced
ROG STRIX GTX 1080

And linked this for reference:
http://promos.asus.com/us/vga/destiny2/

Am I missing something? The ti apparently isn't eligible
yet on the link it says it is?

kuYuri

Anyone got one of these codes yet? Does the redemption process work as before? Does it give you a separate battle.net code to redeem or does it make you sign in into your b.net account from within the Geforce experience app? I'm curious to know if it's exactly like the Uplay stuff with For Honor/Ghost Recon or if it's slightly different.

Anyone got one of these codes yet? Does the redemption process work as before? Does it give you a separate battle.net code to redeem or does it make you sign in into your b.net account from within the Geforce experience app? I'm curious to know if it's exactly like the Uplay stuff with For Honor/Ghost Recon or if it's slightly different.

The Nvidia website for this deal has a link towards the bottom on how to redeem. When I looked at it earlier today, it does say something about redeeming within GE app, which then puts you into the Blizzard app to redeem.

jeffc919

Anyone who got a code....do you see anything on your battle.net account that shows you own the game now? I entered in the code in the Geforce Experience app and created a new battle.net account (didn't have one previously). Now my Geforce Experience app says that Destiny 2 was redeemed to account "No battle tag". I went into battle.net and created a tag but Geforce still says No battle tag. I'm guessing everything is fine and battle.net just doesn't show anything yet but some confirmation that I own the game now would be nice.

kuYuri

Anyone who got a code....do you see anything on your battle.net account that shows you own the game now? I entered in the code in the Geforce Experience app and created a new battle.net account (didn't have one previously). Now my Geforce Experience app says that Destiny 2 was redeemed to account "No battle tag". I went into battle.net and created a tag but Geforce still says No battle tag. I'm guessing everything is fine and battle.net just doesn't show anything yet but some confirmation that I own the game now would be nice.

My GeForce experience app has my actual battle tag showing correctly as having the game tied to my account.

Go to https://us.battle.net/account/management/, the game should show up under the Destiny 2 license row.

kahi

I bought a 1080 ti day promotion started. Never got a code from New Egg. Chatted with support and they claimed to me, the card wasn't eligible, the promotion started at 11:17 PM not at 9:00 am when I ordered my card, they already ran out of codes, and only 1080s were eligible. After 4 chats, and 2 phone calls, and being offered a hat for what one rep even said was their mistake, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and received code a day after they got the BBB complaint. I included chat logs with my BBB complaint, it was pretty insane how rude 2 of the reps were.

Basically, I really love my hybrid cooled 1080ti, but really hate New Eggs awful support and know in the future to stick with MicroCenter like I usually do when buying high priced PC parts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are the chances one of these codes would work on my 1070?

Zero. The codes are hardware and loosely account-bound (that is, you need a GFE account that hasn't already made use of the promotion).

Anyway to make use of this if you're outside the US or are we out of luck?

I can't speak to the redemption process, but the game itself is region-free and includes beta access.

Thanks. It shows up on that page along with a bunch of games I don't own. However most look like they are free to play/try, other than Overwatch which says "purchase now". Destiny 2 doesn't say anything.

Also says at the top of the page "there are no games associate with this Blizzard Account".

That means it worked, on an account without Destiny 2 it will say "Pre-Order Destiny 2".

kahi

Anyway to make use of this if you're outside the US or are we out of luck?

Think you may be out of luck. You would have gotten the code e-mailed to you if purchasing from an online retailer and emailed and/or printed on receipt from a physical retailer.

kahi

Thanks. It shows up on that page along with a bunch of games I don't own. However most look like they are free to play/try, other than Overwatch which says "purchase now". Destiny 2 doesn't say anything.

Also says at the top of the page "there are no games associate with this Blizzard Account".

It will not show up in the client until closer to launch, in account management you will see your list of games and when you click on Destiny it will show you what version you own.

9jeEGnw.png

5Zj5ouj.png

kuYuri

Bumping this because the promotion is back, starting today and ending September 5th. Destiny 2 with 1080, 1080 Ti, or any system that includes these GPUs.

If you ever redeemed the Destiny 2 code from previous promotion period, it has its own tab now on the battle.net app.

Bumping this because the promotion is back, starting today and ending September 5th. Destiny 2 with 1080, 1080 Ti, or any system that includes these GPUs.

If you ever redeemed the Destiny 2 code from previous promotion period, it has its own tab now on the battle.net app.

I bought a card from jet.com within the past 10 days :(

Arcteryx

Bought my 1080 Ti over the weekend...just emailed Amazon and they said they would send a code within 24 hours...whewwwwwwww.

Not sure I even want it though...we'll see.

Timan

Developer
Figured that'd happen, just bought mine last week as well. Superbiiz tho :(

Ya if anyone wants to sell their destiny 2 code let me knows

Voidwolf

I just finished chatting with customer support on Newegg and they gave me a code.

The rep was hesitant at first but she came around.

Charlotte H.: I have checked that you place the order on 7/30 but the free gift promotion starts on 8/21. You can
only get the promotion within valid timeframe.
Voidwolf: I understand that, I was hoping an exception could be made and I could be granted a code.
Voidwolf: I've seen lots of people posting online about other vendors such as Amazon giving codes to those
who made recent purchases
Charlotte H.: I will create a free gift order for you as exception. Next time we will not make such an exception.
Voidwolf: Thank you so much!
Charlotte H.: You're welcome.

FHIZ

Hmm. I bought a 1080 ti off Amazon on June 26th. Did I miss out on this or is there some way to redeem that I missed?

Debating between a 1080 and a 1080ti. Playing at 1440/60 and not sure what would be the best bang for my buck.

Also hoping to get rid of my 970 as soon as I order this to help cushion the blow to my wallet.

kuYuri

Is the zotac 1080 for $540 a decent deal? Its the only one that will fit my case

Which Zotac 1080? Price seems about normal to me.

Debating between a 1080 and a 1080ti. Playing at 1440/60 and not sure what would be the best bang for my buck.

Also hoping to get rid of my 970 as soon as I order this to help cushion the blow to my wallet.

1080 is definitely best bang for the buck at 1440p/60.

Yushi

Man i bought my 1080ti founders edition off a local PC store cuz i wanted to support local business...and it was pretty much the same price on amazon & newegg...I want my free D2 though :(

Top Bottom