• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

-shadow-

Been winning most so far. But the switch of your target with the Joy-con is placed terribly! Loving the game though! Not a day one purchase though, but will get it down the line no doubt!

Biske

Ah yup, the classic Nintendo test dog shit.

Seriously, after all this time, its still just for one hour.

One hour spent disconnecting over and over.

Listonosh

Quick thoughts after 20 minutes: game looks really good in handheld mode, and is fun but playing without motion control I feel like I'm at a huge advantage? I've been shitting on people for 6 matches straight and I'm not really good, I do a lot of jump and dashes, mixing up some punches and that gets me to victory pretty easily. Maybe motion control is at a huge disadvantage for now.

You're not the only one that thinks that. Posted the same thing a few pages back. Reaction time seems instant with a controller and also I'm not a big fan of my character doing something I didn't want him to die to wonky motion detection

I don't really like the controls, I think I'm out on this one. I was on the fence and the game doesn't click for me. Hope everyone else having a blast continues to do so, I am happy to see Nintendo creating new IPs that people enjoy.

Rarius

I... doubt this is going to have nearly the lasting appeal of Splatoon. It's really fun, but like, there's really not much else to it.

alf717

Whoa this game is great. Rocking the motion controls. Do you get anything special for getting some much points? Mine reset when I jump out for a bit.

Raw64life

Started the game, got sent to a tutorial thing to learn the basics, I pressed B 10 seconds into it and it threw me back to the lobby and now I can only do party matches. Guess I won't be learning how to play this game lol.

Don't see how to do those super moves everyone is doing on me anywhere on the controls screen.

Kindekuma

Banned
Been playing in Table Top mode, won every match so far. It's fun! I'll have to try the non-motion control scheme sometime. Definitely can't win by wagglan in this game. Movement system is a bit wonky, it's so far very enjoyable.

sviri

Early impressions: The only time I'd play this is when there is a serious dispute that needs to be settled with the girlfriend.

ramparter

Banned
At first felt too random butas I play I see opportunities for strategic play. Feels like an enhanced Wii Sports box.

Edit: too many disconnect errors :/

cmc`

Neo Member
I was a bit sceptical about this game, but the 30 minutes I Just put in convinced me I need to get at least 2 more JoyCons, so much fun

Top Bottom