• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

TRASH but is anyone surprised?

lets pray this ends her career in movies
rih17.gif

Let's wait for the Box Office. If Generic Friday: Roman Reloaded can get shit on by reviewers and Icky MinAIDS still gets hits, I don't see how this will affect Rih's little new hobbie
rih17.gif

GAF, Aaliyah's Behind the Music just came on VH1...

Now excuse my while I go listen to her flawless discography.

23REl.gif

Eh, once again I gotta give praise to Timbaland. The songs of her that I like are "We Need A Resolution" and "More than a Woman". Both the result of that moment when Timbaland uncovered his magic touch to give songs an absolutely insane beat, and let all the rest of the song be centered around it. It's when I discovered Timbaland's genius as a producer.

The rest of Aaliyah's discography is typical American R&B from the nineties. Monotone and boring. It does nothing for me.

Edit: I forgot "Are you that somebody". Another great song, and surprise surprise, it's a Timbaland production. :)

Mumei

At your Best, We Need a Resolution and 4 Page Letter. Yours?

I loved everything about Aaliyah she never got a chance to peak imo she was just getting started.... hold on need a minute gonna go cry a little

Heh.

I don't really have one; I'm really only semi-familiar with some of her singles work. I was looking for suggestions!

Kyon

Banned
Eh, once again I gotta give praise to Timbaland. The songs of her that I like are "We Need A Resolution" and "More than a Woman". Both the result of that moment when Timbaland uncovered his magic touch to give songs an absolutely insane beat, and let all the rest of the song be centered around it. It's when I discovered Timbaland's genius as a producer.

The rest of Aaliyah's discography is typical American R&B from the nineties. Monotone and boring. It does nothing for me.

Yup its when Timbaland showed Piano Man aka Rodney aka Darkchild that he aint the only dude with the hot urban beats.

Kyon

Banned
Heh.

I don't really have one; I'm really only semi-familiar with some of her singles work. I was looking for suggestions!

oh :eek: well listen to those and see how you like them. More than a woman is great also even though its a popular single lol

DMeisterJ

Banned

royalan

Nelly Furtado is offended by this comment.

Agreed.

Timberland's production around 2005-2006 got tired FAST, but it was good.

Still, he'll never top his 90s stuff. His stuff with Missy? God-tier Hip Hop production.

Beep Me 911 is probably my favorite of his production, and coincidentally one of my favorite Missy songs. GOD I'm glad Missy's dropping an album this year to put a certain reductive Hip-Hop-Pop-Ho in her place...

Timbalame did his only good work with Aaliyah.

Also, I'm happy Cyno's back. It'll class up the joint.

Excuse me?

Aaliyah + Missy Elliott --> Justin Timberlake --> Nelly Furtado. This is how Timbaland's Legacy of Awesome™ goes.

Don't underestimate how great this man's work has been, just because he fell of a cliff musically after 2008.

royalan

Excuse me?

Aaliyah + Missy Elliott --> Justin Timberlake --> Nelly Furtado. This is how Timbaland's Legacy of Awesome™ goes.

Don't underestimate how great this man's work has been, just because he fell of a cliff musically after 2008.

Honorable mention to his stuff with Genuwine.

Pony's beat is iconic, and So Anxious still makes my panties drop when the bass kicks in.

And while I'm not that big a fan of the song in general, and I know even less of the artist Bubba Sparxxx, Timbaland did make -once again- an amazing beat for the song Ugly.

Bubba Sparxxx - Ugly

Seriously. Timbaland completely owned the late '90s and 2000s, and in my opinion is partly responsible for bringing the appeal of r&b/rap and pop music together.

Is that why a Canadian has the top selling album of all time by a female?

http://i.imgur.com/bG1cx.gif[IMG]

... I didn't even know Nelly is from Canada. [img]http://i.imgur.com/42xoj.gif
I know.

Wasn't she from some south American country, like Portugal or something?

zNDNs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom