• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Jessica Chobot video is all kinds of messed up. It's disturbing and disgusting in all kinds of ways. Not at all the same thing as her prior PSP lick-pic (which was merely stupid).

But a group of guys standing around her in a circle chanting at her to "lick it" until she does, in a faux-begrudging way? I'm sorry. That's sad. And sick. Could turn into a PR disaster if the wrong folks get wind of this video. And, frankly, it deserves to be.

Did she shoot herself in the foot?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Are these separate Near specific invites, or just standard PSN invites?

I know a lot of people hate it, but I really like discovering functionality as we go along. ^_^
Sadly those are your usual PSN invites and I don't think you can add any message to them. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd love to send a "I live nearby, so let's play LoA together sometime" no matter how creepy it may seem.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
gembel said:
now i have to delete the current uncharted data which i had up to chapter 7 and start all over again...
You can always try backing up the save(to PC or PS3) before switching accounts.

Paz

Bought two new games - Everybody's Golf and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

While Everybody's Golf is the same fun I've come to expect (and not too import unfriendly) I was kind of underwhelmed with the visuals and gameplay improvements. UMVSC3 on the other hand is just incredible and despite the cut backs to background animation I actually think it is more impressive than the console version due to the incredible pixel density and quality of the Vita screen, at times it really looks like a comic book come to life with its super smooth 60fps and native resolution.

Capcom MT Framework Mobile is amazing!

mrklaw

MrArseFace

While Everybody's Golf is the same fun I've come to expect (and not too import unfriendly) I was kind of underwhelmed with the visuals and gameplay improvements. UMVSC3 on the other hand is just incredible and despite the cut backs to background animation I actually think it is more impressive than the console version due to the incredible pixel density and quality of the Vita screen, at times it really looks like a comic book come to life with its super smooth 60fps and native resolution.

I wasn't expecting any gameplay improvements with golf. But I was a little disappointed with the graphics. They're clearly more in line with the PS3 game which is good, but the shimmering textures and sub-native resolution is just a shame. It would have looked gorgeous at native res and maybe with a little bit of filtering on the textures.

If you want to play with someone (UMVC3) my psn is Lord_audie

I'll add you now, I'm Sonic_Jam-jpn on Vita.

I SUCK so bad though :p

Just accepted the invite.

I don't play any well too, but i enjoy the game as is.

Sadly i cannot get it to work with randoms due to my US psn. When i switch to the JP one it works well.

I was able to get a private match going with my US acc, so it works online... but when is searching it finds nothing.

If you can figure what i'm doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Paz

It may be searching by region, all my games are digital download so I have to play on my -jpn account (hence the psn id, I use Sonic_Jam for my regular ID on ps3).

Gotta get to sleep now but I'll try and be on tomorow night :)

looks like theres a big problem with the switching psn accounts thing..

i started uncharted on my aus psn, then went to HK and Jpn psn to get demos, then switch back to aus psn to play uncharted. although it says earning uncharted trophies is still eligible for my aus psn, for some reason im not getting any trophies.. :(

now i have to delete the current uncharted data which i had up to chapter 7 and start all over again...

When I first signed back into my NA account, my Vita trophies werent showing up anymore. I had to re-earn one in order for the trophies to start tracking again, so I jumped into Welcome Park and did the Hello Face one quickly. To be honest, though, I don't remember how I fixed Uncharted. I don't think I did anything, actually. I think all I had to do was re-earn the one Welcome Park trophy and then it pulled the remaining trophy info from the server.
So yeah, I didn't have to restart my Uncharted progress and I didn't think it was necessary.

Fortunately for you, ch 7 is still fairly early in the game so it could be worse!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
This thread needs more screenshots.
Here's my near location:
BjOyM.jpg

And here are two shots from Minna to Issho. I'd take more but I don't have enough friends playing to buy the next garden. :(
NuG77.jpg

VLftD.jpg

Yes, it's Kyle working hard on the second one. Although he's kind of useless because of being only level 1. :<

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Its a running joke on the show it was for. Attack of the show. She co-hosts and does spots like this for the show. Shes also dating the real world
Guy on g4. Its a joke people, why get offended?

People look to get offended for the stupidest reasons.

I wish, Sony West seems to hate Toro.

I may just import it, I was always interested in this series.
I played the PS3 Toro game for a while

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Someone does something, someone else gets offended. Yep, that sounds about right.

Do downloaded games stay on the PS3 hard drive after putting them on the Vita or are they erased?

Should be the same as with PSP games where you have the option of keeping the game or deleting it. I always delete mine to save on Hard Drive space.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just accepted the invite.

I don't play any well too, but i enjoy the game as is.

Sadly i cannot get it to work with randoms due to my US psn. When i switch to the JP one it works well.

I was able to get a private match going with my US acc, so it works online... but when is searching it finds nothing.

If you can figure what i'm doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Nothing is "wrong." UMvC3's default settings search for same-region matches, meaning that it's only going to be looking for other importers in the U.S. Most players in general will use the same-region filter for better online connections and won't use the worldwide option. Playing on your Japanese account is going to be the only workaround for this until the U.S. launch.

I've posted this before, but the game is also just not very popular among Japanese Vita players. Not many people are on and it takes me a while to find matches (a lot of which will have lag issues), whereas when I play BlazBlue, I find matches quickly and the connection quality is much, much better in comparison.

gembel

When I first signed back into my NA account, my Vita trophies werent showing up anymore. I had to re-earn one in order for the trophies to start tracking again, so I jumped into Welcome Park and did the Hello Face one quickly. To be honest, though, I don't remember how I fixed Uncharted. I don't think I did anything, actually. I think all I had to do was re-earn the one Welcome Park trophy and then it pulled the remaining trophy info from the server.
So yeah, I didn't have to restart my Uncharted progress and I didn't think it was necessary.

Fortunately for you, ch 7 is still fairly early in the game so it could be worse!

my trophies did not go missing, it were still there when i switched to my original account. but i was just unable to earn anymore trophies in uncharted.

i used the method here to switch accounts quickly: http://forums.gameaxis.com/showthread.php?t=1609967

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
And now for something completely different. Is anyone else having a problem with that sticker/tape with the model name on the bottom side? Mine is a bit torn off and it's really annoying. I'd tore it to the end but I guess it may be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom